• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blackfire's Sprites

Years
    C&C please... I'd like to know how to make my sprites look better and such... Thanks for looking.

Fakemon: Blackfire's Sprites(mostly scratch, wings from Articuno but are edited and feet from Ho-Oh)
    Fusions/Slices: Blackfire's Sprites Blackfire's SpritesBlackfire's Sprites

Type Change: Blackfire's SpritesBlackfire's Sprites
    Revamps: Blackfire's Sprites
    Pixelover: Blackfire's Sprites

Overshades: Blackfire's Sprites

I would like ideas (not requests, which means if I like the idea of say, a fusion, I may do it or not. It depends) because I'm very low on ideas... lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks. I recoloured the Raikou Pixelover to make it darker but I didn't know if it was the yellow or blue, or purple, or white. So I just did the yellow.
    Blackfire's Sprites

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Your scratch is quite good. However, your Mightyena x Skarmory just doesn't blend very well.

Years
    Thanks! JJMcay, you may use the Fake in your game, as long as you give credit. :)
    I know the Mightyhena and Starmory fusion doesn't work very well, I just can't think of what to do to it.
    Which revamp doesn't look right, please?
    And I did a Overshade recolour last night of Ninetails:
    Blackfire's Sprites
    And yes, the Lapras and Ninetails fusion would be interesting... I'll give it a go.

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
    I think you did a very good job with Raikou and I really like the pictures. I must say that I'm not fond of the Mightyena/Skarmory mix though.

Years
    I like your fakemon, but I'm saddened by the fact that its not 100% scratched. I know that scratching wings are very challenging, but I suggest you try it because it's so obvious to tell that those wings came from Articuno's sprite, sorry. And for whatever reason, the neck seems a bit flat to me; you might want to reshade that?
    Your Grovyle/Charmeleon fusion is flawless, awesome job. And I also like your reelement Mightyena.

Kinuchio

A Panda PoKeMoN Trainer
    Years
    These are really nice. Especially Combusken.

Cuz, Combusken is awesome-tacular.

an stuffz.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    They are really nice but i don't like those mightyena skarmory mix :/ You messed something there

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Here's a new revamp:
    Blackfire's Sprites
    And, I'm working on the fakemon.
    Thanks for your comments!
    When revamping sprites, you should always remember to remove all the shading first so that when you attempt to copy another spriting style, you aren't affected by them.

However, your revamps aren't particularly good, since you're not matching any Pokemon style. Your Persian and Raikou revamps don't have enough black in the outline, and your Lugia has too much. Furthermore, your Totodile uses way too much dithering, and the back of the Chikorita sprite is too dark (try reshading it). the leaf too needs some work.

I noticed you used D/P colours for your revamps, so next time you attempt one, have a D/P sprite next to you (whether it be the same Pokemon or one in a similar pose), and just try to copy the shading like that.

@sudden_hit: Your post was offtopic, so it has been deleted (along with the other related post. If you have issues concerning usage of sprites and such, bring it up in the Spriters Showcase/Discussion thread.

Back