• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blah, Blah, Blah, retailers

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I used to get most of my games at Gamestop because it was such a quick walk to your game and the checkout, you know? However, since the nearest one is a 20+ minute drive, not to mention finding parking is a drag. So, I head over to Walmart now. It's about 5-10 minutes away, though the electronics section is in the back. :/ Fun fact: Mac went to my local Walmart before, yeeeepp!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I honestly haven't bought that many games as of recently, with the latest one being GTA 5 in Gamestop because they allowed you to trade in two games from a list of games, from where you only had to pay $20 for GTA, so yeah, only reason I really bought it from Gamestop since they're usually super expensive. But in all honesty, I don't really have any specific retailers that I buy my games from, since I often just look up where the cheapest option for a game is and buy it from there. And yeah, I usually buy my games online, simply because it's much more convenient, since I love p far away from the city, so it isn't just a simple walk to Gamestop :p

But yeah, the cheapest option usually ends up being a website called Coolshop, so if I'd have to pick a favourite, that'd probably be it :)

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I buy my games from Datablitz, the "Gamestop" of our country. It's the only retailer I trust because their games actually work.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • EB games is the closest shop to me that reliably sells games, so I go to that. (Plus it is also next to the train station so if I want to go shopping after a trip to uni that works too). It's not the greatest, but at least I can price match them with other shop catalogues.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Mainly at Gamestop. If I see good deals on Gamefly and Amazon then I'll go on a massive shopping spree and buy there. I mostly rent games though.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I usually buy games when they're on sale - but I'd say the bulk of my purchases come from Target and Best Buy, and every now and then Toys R Us. I avoid GameStop like the plague. The only time I go there is if they have a sale on a game I really want (which happens about once every two years) or it's a game I can't find anywhere else.

I used to buy the bulk of my games from Amazon since they used to have really good sales like their daily deals, but since they discontinued those they rarely ever put anything on sale unless they're price matching other retailers. Plus retail stores have started price matching Amazon, so I'd rather be able to walk out with the game right away rather than wait for it to ship.

Back