• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise, Charizard, or Venusaur

Which of these is greatest?

• Blastoise

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Charizard

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Venusaur

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoketalkCreator

Just Some *****
    Years
    Which of these three is your favorite? My Empoleon Torterra Infernape thread really took off, so why not this one. My vote goes to Charizard, of course.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Charizard, he was probably the coolest old school Pokemon ever.

Blastoise is a close second though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm apparently the first nonconformist to say something other than Charizard. D:

Venusaur is a giant carnivorous frog with a tropical flower on its back. How is that not cool?

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I'm apparently the first nonconformist to say something other than Charizard. D:

Venusaur is a giant carnivorous frog with a tropical flower on its back. How is that not cool?
    BECAUSE IT IS NOT COOL. YOUR OPINION IS OBVIOUSLY WRONG.

pikachux2

Never Evolve
    Years
    Everyone who said charzard and venusaur has no brain becuz obviously Blastoise is the greatest starter of all time.

Hes got cannons on his back!!he can blow up the whole world if he stuffed his cannons with nuuks!! that totally pones a lizard with a fiery tail and a fat plant stuffed with leaves.

Theres no comparison

Years
    From all the starters in entire Pokemon series Charizard was the greatest I've ever played. I've played him in every Pokemon game I could play. Mostly in PMD or FR/LG/E

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Everyone who said charzard and venusaur has no brain becuz obviously Blastoise is the greatest starter of all time.

Hes got cannons on his back!!he can blow up the whole world if he stuffed his cannons with nuuks!! that totally pones a lizard with a fiery tail and a fat plant stuffed with leaves.

Theres no comparison
    The problem with the logic is that you could just as easily say that Charizard could fly a nuclear bomb to anywhere in the world, or quickly set up several bombs to destroy the world (what does that accomplish?), and Venusaur can... I don't know what Venusaur can do. Make the bomb mossy or something.

Of course, your post might be satire. It's hard to tell.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    It's pretty obvious from my sig whom I've chose, but I must say if you're playing firered there's plenty of other (not better) fire pokemon to replace charizard, but there's no better grass type pokemon than venusaur-firered or not!

WH

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Venusaur, though Charizard and Blastoise aren't bad at all really.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    BECAUSE IT IS NOT COOL. YOUR OPINION IS OBVIOUSLY WRONG.
    What makes you say that? Everyone has their opinion. Not to mention, Charizard is the worst out of the three competitively...SR weak.

Anyways, I think Venusaur is my favorite out of the three. It's just...cool. o3o

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

Charizard is the coolest, because it's a kickass dragon, the only flying starter, awesome movepool, etc.etc. I think it's actually stronger than Moltres xD.

Blastoise closely follows it with cannons coming out of its shell, fairly good movepool etc.

For that reason, I love Venusaur the most.
    Bulbasaur has always been my favourite, Red in PokeSpec has one, further increasing its' awesomeness. Also, I love how I tend to go through LeafGreen with a moveset gained by Vermilion City: Cut/Leech Seed/PoisonPowder/SleepPowder (sometimes replaced with Frenzy Plant). Its' just so brilliant. Especially as in the current generation, while your enemy switches in a sleep/status absorber to stop your powder/toxic, and you Swords Dance then sweep them.

I also feel sorry for it, growing darn warts all over its body upon evolution. It bares most resemblance to its' original form out of all starters, if you ask me. That's another plus point.

Oh, and did I mention it wasn't a version mascot in Britain until 2004, in the 3rd Generation.

So....whilst I love them all, Venusaur rocks ass.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Venusaur, it's not the most overrated pokemon ever that can be killed by anything that knows Stone Edge or Surf.

Back