• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

blaziken or charizard

Nomaiya

The Disappearing Act
    Years
    I vote for Charizard. Charizard rocks! Blaziken is pretty strong too, but all hail #06!

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Going with Blaziken on this one.

Gotta love the way it looks and its Blaze Kick.XP

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Meh... Both. Really. But I rather prefer a li'l more Charizard (plus, Charizard has a cooler shiny). So, Charizard winz by 000,1 points. xD

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Well, I'm going for Charizard as well. It looks cool and back in the old days it always was my favorite starter, so yeah. :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Poke-Rev said:
    I vote for Charizard, Blaziken is very cool but he doesn't match the awesomeness that is Charizard. I love my Charizard on Fire Red.

XD Exactly! I love Charizard, and the one on my Fire Red is my best Pokemon. But I also liked Charizard in the anime too! He was awesomeness! Although Blaziken IS cool...I like Charizard alot better. ^^;

101st post!

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    Have you seen the show wher Ash battles Harrison in the Johto League. I said that Blaziken is better than Charizard. Fire Fighters are the best yet.

Years
    I based my first username on my Blaziken

Blazey was the name of my Blaziken that hasn't actually ever fainted (as a torchic yes)

My first username was Blazey Boy so

Blaziken Hands Down!

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Gah. Another great battle between Charizard and Blaziken. Oh My God!!! This is a very hard decision, yes it is. Hmm... I would say.... maybe Charizard. Charizard CAN beat Blaziken if you know what to give Charizard. Too bad Charizard isn't as fast as Blaziken. Now that would be awesome. :D

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    Charizard is my favorite.It's the only fire type other than Ho-oh that is resistant to Ground type attacks.

Uzumaki_Naruto said:
    Gah. Another great battle between Charizard and Blaziken. Oh My God!!! This is a very hard decision, yes it is. Hmm... I would say.... maybe Charizard. Charizard CAN beat Blaziken if you know what to give Charizard. Too bad Charizard isn't as fast as Blaziken. Now that would be awesome. :D
    I have a Lv.50 Charizard with a Speed of 110 but my friend has a Lv.55 Blaziken with a Speed of 108.How give Charizard a lot of Carbos and a Quick Claw(just incase).

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    You know, I just remembered something. A pokemon's nature also affects their growth rate depending on which nature. You have to remember them all for the best stat ups you want for your pokemon. Charizard would usually be better with speed and special attack ups. Charizard's attack power is ok too but I rarely use anything physical, other than Slash, if my Flamethrower can K.O. anything it comes by. Blaziken ,however, is of Attack, Special Attack, and Speed ups, which he usually gets. Apparantly on a stat graph, Both, Blaziken and Charizard, have the same stat chart. Their attack, speed, and special attack were mostly the same. They should roughly be about the same with an attribute higher than the other three unless they had the same nature. My Blaziken in Emerald pawns so many pokemon. I had to put a restraining order on him. :P
    My Charizard also pawned so many pokemon. My Charizard could take on Fire, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Flying, Bug, Rock, Steel, Poison, most Ground types, Electric, and I think that's all.
    These were moves I gave him. (These I wouldn't use if I battled anyone though. :))
    Earthquake--(Ko those pesky electric types along with rock types and fire types.)
    Flamethrower--(Heats up Grass, Bug, and Ice types to a good burning point. :D)
    Aerial Ace--(Give Bug, Grass, and Fighting types the beatings of their lives.)
    Rock Slide--(Rolls all over Flying, Bug, Fire, and Ice types quickly.)
    All I really have to worry about are the plain and pure water types. Those are harder to get rid of than the dual-type ones.

Ahhhh. I think I ran off course today. Whoops. Hehehe...

Last edited:

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    Internesting. So, basically, your Charizard was a sweeper? Yeah, prbably the best position to have a Pok?mon like Charizard, who has awesome Attack, Special Attack, and quite good Speed. Hmm, come to think of it, mine was a sweeper too, although I can't remember his moveset

I restarted with Bulbasuar. Now, I've beaten the game with all three starters. Gets boring after a while. That's why, I now focus on Emerald. After beating the game with Sceptile, I'm now trying out Blazekein. I must say that he is quite good, but no one can match Charizard

DS

Back