• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blazing Fakemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Thanks for all the comments :). These are made in mspaint btw.
    Today I'll show off a few fun things in addition to a new Pokemon line (that I'll need help naming).

New 'mons!
    Blazing Fakemon

I like these guys. I find purple (and blue) hard to work with, but they came out ok, I think. Need to improve on the big one's floofies, though.
    If the little one looks like an Eevee to anyone... it's because its design is based on an old Ice Eeveelution of mine from about a decade ago. I miss eeveelutions having a mane as their trademark :/. Anyway, the small fox is obviously based on the arctic fox. This Pokemon is rare because it was over-hunted for its fur. When it runs, it whips up a small, chilling whirlwind to distract its foes.
    The evolved fox is blindingly fast. It is associated with harsh, winter winds. Nobody knows if its eerie howls are produced vocally or by its breezes.
    As for names. Someone suggested Spritz, which makes me think of sodas. It may work for the smaller one, whose placeholder name is Wispup. Other name ideas are Breezoro (lol Zoroark) and Howlopex (from howl and alopex, the order of arctic foxes). Names are hard :/.

Ice fox! The making of!
    Blazing Fakemon

Pretty self explanatory. Eevee is just there because it reminds me so much of one. Missing is the true step one which is concept sketches, but I was feeling too lazy to scan them.

Blazing Fakemon

Look how huge Nubbit used to be! I didn't know how to properly make smaller sprites back then... back then being this past August. Also used to swipe colors from existing sprites. As I kept making sprites, I improved on more dynamic posing and even some foreshortening (which I have trouble with in real drawings).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    You're the best spriter :D Old sprites are very good and the new sprites are the best, fabulous imagination.

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
  • Wow, your pokemon are so adorable. :)

You did a great job on their evolutions too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Oh my goodness!

I could have sworn you worked with pokemon ;)

Your sprites are so smooth and well, look like beleivable pokemon! Wish I was that good with sprites :D

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2019
    Ah, thought I scared everyone away at first and missed a bunch of comments. Kind of bummed out by the reveal of the 5th generation starts, since Pokabu makes my fire pig line obsolete now :/. So now I'm not sure if I'm going to change their types or just retire them. They were merely created to be a fire type you find early on. I had a fire snake concept I'll use to fill that role again. Guess I'll answer my unread notes.

Only one new sprite. Well, actually made several months ago, just never posted it til now for some reason.
    Blazing Fakemon
    Wemur
    It is a pure Electric type who eventually becomes an Electric/Fighting gorilla. Not much to say about it. Because it is more "exotic" than my other mostly North American Pokemon, it may be found only in the Safari Zone or its equivalent.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Pignitus needs a thicker tail, and Crownarch is freaking creepy. But otherwise, they're decent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back