• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blinding Nights

Years
    When you go to bed, do you prefer to sleep with some form of light or in total darkness? That "some form of light" could be a nightlight, lamp, lava lamp, having the lights on in general, etc. A few friends of mine can't sleep in the dark whereas I cannot sleep unless everything that emits light is off or turned away (sometimes I even have to turn my alarm clock away since the time glows bright red lol).

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Well, I have everything except the tiny little lights on TV and computer and such off. I like the darkness when I sleep. However, I live with my family, and they often have lights on, and that light seeps in, so I rarely ever actually have total darkness, so I probably am more used to almost total darkness. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I cant sleep with any light on or I cant get to sleep. It has to be really dark in my room.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    Oh good lord... I cannot and I repeat. cannot sleep if there is a light on. I like it pitch black, and SILENT. -_-
    When sleeping during the day. I enjoy putting a blanket over the windows. Sometimes two if it's bright out, and I put towels under the closed door. So light can't seep in.
    I'm weird.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I can sleep with any lighting (or lack thereof) provided I can face away from it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can't sleep with any lights on. Even the hallway light that shines from that space between the bottom of the door and the floor is enough to keep me awake, no matter how tired I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Total darkness. I feel relaxed when there isn't any lights and noises around me. I can sleep lights on but I don't like it. But moonlight doesn't bother me anyway.

Ayselipera

Complete darkness and no noise. I tend to keep my shades shut at all times anyways and I always sleep with the door closed just to ensure the slightest bit of light doesn't get in.

Years
    I prefer sleeping in total darkness. I got trolled when I was living with my old room mate at university though cause there was this lamp right outside my bedroom window so I had to sleep with this light flooding into my room. And the curtain to cover the window was thin and yellow SO IT DID LIKE NOTHING TO BLOCK THE LIGHT COMING IN. I got used to it after a few days but yeah.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I used to sleep with a night light, but I don't anymore, even though I have small lights coming from my air conditioner.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't care. I really don't. I'll sleep in full light, I'll sleep in the darkness, I'll sleep with sounds playing or in silence. I'm far from picky. In fact, if I'm all on my own and can go with my own sleep schedule like over the summer, I just won't ever turn off the lights and will just sleep with them on.

Years
    If I'm really exhausted then it won't matter if lights are on. I'll just pass out into sleep. If the lights are still on a few hours later they'll probably wake me up since I'm a shallow sleeper. I'd prefer nothing but the faintest of light.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It really doesn't matter. Just as long as I'm comfortable and I can get to sleep I can basically fall asleep in any situation. Whether it be with lights on (or it's daytime), all the lights are off, there's sound, etc etc. Some things like music do keep me awake if I'm not really tired, but when it comes to the gist of it nothing really keeps me up all the time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It doesn't matter to me. Bright light or no light, if my body wants to fall asleep, it'll do so. If it doesn't I'm lying awake until my body's ready. Normally I sleep with the light of my laptop screen because I do require music to be playing. Of course I just as often fall asleep during the day with full sunlight in my room :P

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Yeah. I sleep with light. Phobia of total darkness?? xD I kinda sleep with the TV on and it turns off when I wake up.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I don't need anything specific but the moon and star light only is preferred.

Years
    I prefer no light with a tiny bit of background noise (fans are perfect for this). Light and complete silence doesn't bother me, though. I slept in living rooms for about a year. If I'm really tired, I'll sleep through just about anything.

My only requirement for sleeping is a quilt. I need it, even on really hot nights...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I would most certainly prefer sleeping in total darkness, and sometimes in silence. It's really, really, really difficult for me to sleep when the TV is on, when there's a lamp or any kind of light on (even a simple nightlight would prevent me from sleeping) and DEFINITELY, when my room door is closed.

Back