• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blissey's HP?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Why does Blissey have so much HP? I mean what do you think HP is? Pain tolerance? Stamina? .. What would take to bring a blissey down in real life with all that HP? And please be serious. I just want your imagination and opinion. Blissey even has more HP than Wailord!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Blissey is a health Pokémon. It's purely conceptual that it has outrageous health and special defense, also, it's abominable attack stats and physical defensive stats make up for that. It's just the concept of it being a health based Pokémon.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Blissey as users use them for is a Tank, they can take a beating, and support said beating but good luck hoping for Blissey to faint another Pokemon. They basically the nurse Pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    What would it take to kill a blissey? Would a knife stab or gun shot kill it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What would it take to kill a blissey? Would a knife stab or gun shot kill it?

That's...going a bit overboard, IMO (but to answer it, it probably would).

But just to tone it down a bit, pretty much any decently powered physical attack can cause severe damage to Blissey in battle.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • What would it take to kill a blissey? Would a knife stab or gun shot kill it?

Have you ever tried using Flamethrower on a well-trained Blissey? How about a Crunch? Or a Focus Blast? Try any of those and trust me, it will barely even do any damage to Blissey.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Yeah I suppose that's true! She is very durable! I imagine her getting beat up so badly that even an elephant would die but she would still be like 'bring it on' ! :))

Could a bear or hippo or rhino kill blissey? What do you say?

Well Sheer Cold and Guillotine shouldn't be included in the first place since they are OHKO moves. They kill anyone.
    Blissey dies after 1-2 Close Combat. But really try using another 120 power move which isn't fighting. She can endure it pretty well. We humans are also Normal type if you think about it. Yet we aren't any more vulnerable to kicks and punches than fire or stones etc So in real life Blissey and all normal types that is wouldn't really be weak to fighting. Anyway Draco Meteor? She endures that reallyyyy well. Like she doesn't even lose half her HP. But in real life a Draco Meteor would destroy a whole city lol Everything would get smashed and Blissey is included. I mean nothing can withstand it.
    Outrage. Unless it comes from a 6+ DD Dragonite then she can also endure it really well. Tried it and I was amazed. Blissey is some durable ****.
    Oh as for EQ then well it is endured well too. In real life she wouldn't really survive getting her head split open by some ruins falling on her head.

Last edited:

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Yeah I suppose that's true! She is very durable! I imagine her getting beat up so badly that even an elephant would die but she would still be like 'bring it on' ! :))

Could a bear or hippo or rhino kill blissey? What do you say?

Well Sheer Cold and Guillotine shouldn't be included in the first place since they are OHKO moves. They kill anyone.
    Blissey dies after 1-2 Close Combat. But really try using another 120 power move which isn't fighting. She can endure it pretty well. We humans are also Normal type if you think about it. Yet we aren't any more vulnerable to kicks and punches than fire or stones etc So in real life Blissey and all normal types that is wouldn't really be weak to fighting. Anyway Draco Meteor? She endures that reallyyyy well. Like she doesn't even lose half her HP. But in real life a Draco Meteor would destroy a whole city lol Everything would get smashed and Blissey is included. I mean nothing can withstand it.
    Outrage. Unless it comes from a 6+ DD Dragonite then she can also endure it really well. Tried it and I was amazed. Blissey is some durable ****.
    Oh as for EQ then well it is endured well too. In real life she wouldn't really survive getting her head split open by some ruins falling on her head.

:D Point taken. The only others I can think of off the top of my head are fire blast, blizzard and thunder. If Blissey can take those well, i'm out of ammo. Out of all the battles I've had I haven't encountered too many users of Blissey. The pokemon i've had the hardest time defeating or rather that frustrated me the most now that I think about it, were Darkrai and Scyther.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • *flashbacks of bad Blissey-infested memories in the Hoenn Battle Tower/Frontier*

SRDJIKWDAKOSDAKOSDKMLSDKLSEJKRSDKLWQORTUIOEPCVBNMM...GAAAAAHHH..ahem.

Yeah, I don't know why Blissey has so much HP. The fat thing is nigh-invulnerable to special attacks...I bet it even has some secret modifier to make all one-hit knockout moves miss 99.9999% of the time; I mean MY GOSH.

Well one Pokémon has to have the highest HP.

Blissey's HP?

Then couldn't said Pokemon be Wailord (as of Generation 5)? :cer_laugh: (yeah, I'm not too fond of Wobbuffet either). Its HP is actually justified (due to its sheer size) and tolerable, as opposed to Blissey the not-so-big egg...fairy...thing and Wobbuffet the...wobbling...blue thing...based on a Japanese pun/punching bag...that gets buffeted by attacks.

Blissey is a health Pokémon. It's purely conceptual that it has outrageous health and special defense, also, it's abominable attack stats and physical defensive stats make up for that. It's just the concept of it being a health based Pokémon.

Basically, this. The concept of health "personified" into a Pokemon with its videogame representation manifesting in certain ways, primarily being the obscenely-high "Hit-Point statistic" of Blissey. I honestly don't know what could take down a Blissey in real life, unless its Defense stat means a simple /poke/punch/karate chop would make it instantly keel over. >.>

Years
  • The massive HP is for Softboiled outside of battle I think. Since a quarter of Blissey's HP when you use Softboiled outside battle would heal a large amount of HP to most other Pokemon, it emphasises it's nursing nature as a Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Well that's quite thorough and informative! She has a lot of HP because she is a Health Pokemon so she has to have a lot of health :)) She is very bulky and tough to kill though. And haha Fenyx yeah with that defense she would slump on the ground after a poke if it wasn't for her herculean HP! . Because it is quite illogical to have such HP while Wailord who is far far bigger has lower HP. But then another question rises!

Why does Wigglytuff has much bigger HP than say Hippowdon? It is far smaller. Same goes for Gastrodon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Give some logical explanations to these Pokemon questions!

1. How can Wigglytuff have more HP than Hippowdon? Also, Drifblim. Drifblim?!! It is a ghostly balloon. How can it have so much HP? A small Wigglytuff taking more hits than a huge heavy hippo?

2. How can you explain Blissey's huge HP? Like I know that its huge HP is probably influenced to her theme as the health Pokemon but if it was real then how tough would it be and why would it have so much HP? Would it be as tough as an elephant?

3. In real life, what would HP be? HP and Sp.Def actually. Attack and Speed is obvious though. Defense is how well armored a Pokemon is actually. Like, Skarmory has much more defense than Pikachu as it is steel while Pikachu is just flesh. That's why steel and rock types have high defense. So, what would HP and Sp.Def be? (In real life there wouldn't exist ice beams etc)

4. As I said, defense is how armoured physically the Pokemon is. Basically the more defense the Pokemon has the harder it is for its body to get harmed or teared. So, how can Blissey have so much HP which allows her to survive horrific injuries while she has such low defense. I can understand that her defense says that her body is very soft and vulnerable so it gets ripped easily but how can it survive if she is so fragile?
    I hope you get me.

HP isn't how well your body endures hits as this is basically defense. If you are more armoured then you take shots better than being naked with your soft flesh being exposed to harm.

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
    Years
  • Sp. Def would probably be how the recipient of the hit receives the damage. For example, catching a punch on your arm would yield much less damage than if you took a full frontal to the face.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Merging this with your thread on Blissey's HP, as you asked questions about HP in general in the first post of that one. If you'd like the title of that thread to be edited to be more general, let me know and I'll do that for you.

This is your warning, don't make duplicate threads. If you have a shadow of a doubt, PM me first and I'll let you know if it's a duplicate of one or not.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    So what does that mean? Blissey has huge Sp.Def so that means she never gets hit in the face? I think Sp.Def is how resistant the Pokemon is to special attacks(duh).In real life that means that it endures everything else apart from physical hits. Like lightning bolts,blizzards,atmospheric pressure,water from a fire hose etc You know weather conditions and all. Blissey's high sp.def basically means that in real life it could survive really easily as it could resist all sorts of weather conditions. Actually there is some logic behind Sponges and Walls in competitive battling. Walls are Pokemon with high defense so they are hard as walls while sponges are soft and they absorb sp.attacks easily. Blissey would just continue walking after a bolt strike.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    Have you ever tried using Flamethrower on a well-trained Blissey? How about a Crunch? Or a Focus Blast? Try any of those and trust me, it will barely even do any damage to Blissey.
    Idk about crunch, its physical. Bye bye birdie blissey. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    No really, Blissey endures Crunch very well. Blissey actually endures EVERY attack,physical or special, unless it is a powerful STAB Fighting attack like CC. A crunch from Tyranitar is well endured.

Anyway why does Wigglytuff have more HP than Hippowdon? Any guess?

Next Topic:

How much HP would real animals have if they were in the Pokemon world?

Elephant,Hippo,Rhino,Buffalo,Bear etc

Last edited:
    Back