• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blood

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    What kind of blood do you have? Have you donated blood before? Have you needed blood before?

Basically a general thread on blood. :3

Outlier

Oh I'm staying away from this topic. Blood makes me squeamish.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I am type O. I have donated blood before and I wouldn't mind doing it again, even though I have a fear of it. xD

So um, if anyone needs blood just hit me up. rawr.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I found out when I donated for the first time. As far as I know, you don't need to know what kind of blood you have to donate, they'll find out for you. There probably are other ways, though. Hell, it might be recorded during your birth.

A+ for me, by the way. Fitting, eh? =P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Sector, I asked the same question when I had blood drawn for testing, and was told that I have to tell my doctor and request a test be done to find out. I couldn't have it done on that occasion, because the blood that was drawn was more like a diagnostic sort of thing. (Which, I might add, turned out to be something stupid that doesn't show up on a blood test anyway.)

I don't know what type I am and have yet to donate blood. I just have had it drawn a couple of times for testing. It's a little bit awkward when a person who works there begins to recognize you... >_<

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
    How do you figure out what type you are? Yes, I'm seriously asking this...

If you choose to donate blood, they do not require you to know what type you are. Once you receive your donor card It will be listed.

I had the same question regarding blood type at one point, and It was not listed on my Birth certificate (not sure how you can specify whether or not you can list that sort of stuff...).

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Sector, I asked the same question when I had blood drawn for testing, and was told that I have to tell my doctor and request a test be done to find out. I couldn't have it done on that occasion, because the blood that was drawn was more like a diagnostic sort of thing. (Which, I might add, turned out to be something stupid that doesn't show up on a blood test anyway.)

I don't know what type I am and have yet to donate blood. I just have had it drawn a couple of times for testing. It's a little bit awkward when a person who works there begins to recognize you... >_<
    Does it cost any money just to take a blood test? I don't have medical insurance of any form, so I may not have any luck in finding out anytime soon...
    If you choose to donate blood, they do not require you to know what type you are. Once you receive your donor card It will be listed.

I had the same question regarding blood type at one point, and It was not listed on my Birth certificate (not sure how you can specify whether or not you can list that sort of stuff...).
    There were blood drives at my school twice a year, every year. I could had done it, but because of me being me, I didn't want anymore "blood brothers & sisters" out there carrying my blood. Otherwise, blood isn't an issue for me at all. I never faint B)

Years
    I never needed blood before; I never donated blood before; and I forgot what type of blood I have; I just didn't care about it.

I do have a question:

What is your reaction when you see blood?

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    I tried to donate blood a few months ago(yes, I said "tried"). They couldn't find my vein right away so they were moving the needle everywhere in my arm trying to find it, which was the first time that that has ever happened to me. It was pretty painful but it wasn't to the point of me just shouting in pain.

After who-knows-how-long I get like 3/4 of a bag full until they decided to cut me loose, because my rate of giving blood was low and was slowing down.

I won't be donating blood again for a long time, that sucked lol.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    You're looking at a universal donor here. Yup my blood type is O Negative. I really like it cause my blood can go to anyone who needs it. I'm always donating blood when I can. It just makes me feel nice know I'm saving a life just from on donation. About a month and a few weeks ago ,I tried to donate but I couldn't cause I was too nervous which made my blood pressure too high. :( So maybe next time there's a blood drive I'll do it.

Also I apologize for the sloppy tying some of you may have seen. I'm really tired right now and probably shouldn't be using my 3DS or my keyboard. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Blood doesn't bother me at all. Mine, yours, or something else's... it doesn't much make a difference. TBH, there is sort of something thrilling about seeing it, if that doesn't make me weird :x I donated blood once, and I thought it would be a lot worse than it actually was. I only did it really to get out of class and after sitting in the gym for hours waiting for my turn, it took like 30 minutes for them to drain my blood :s I guess I have slow flowing blood or something. The nurse had to keep moving around the needle and applying pressure to it so that it would keep up a steady flow. After a bit, I actually started to stare at the needle in my vein and it was not unnerving at all.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I've never given blood or anything like that, but I've always wanted to know. I always seem to miss the sign up days for those blood drives. D:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I almost fainted my first and only time having donated blood. I felt so light headed so fast. I guess it was worth it, though, cause I got free food afterwards =P

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I almost fainted my first and only time having donated blood. I felt so light headed so fast. I guess it was worth it, though, cause I got free food afterwards =P

I can tell you.... the snacks are amazing. I think the whole time I was there I drank like 3 boxes of capri suns and ate like 5 boxes of granola bars. I lied when I was filling out the form though... they asked if I had sexual contact with men, and I said no... >.> Just because I'm gay doesn't mean my blood automatically has aids .-.

Sirfetch’d

Am I bad for not knowing my blood type? :x

Blood scares me in general, well my blood does. I can watch bloody horror movies with no problem at all but if I get cut and start bleeding I cry like a baby :D As for donating it, I did try one time but I was slightly underweight and they refused me. I was both relieved and disappointed at the time haha.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I have the red kind I think. Have never donated either. I'm like D+ or something, which is universal failure

(I don't know my blood type :( )

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    My blood type is A+. The only reason I even remember is because the shirts they handed out for donating had "A+" written on the blood bag and I thought it was pretty awesome that the shirts had MY blood type. Apart from that, while what you said is true, I know of many cases where males were banned from donating blood due to being homosexual. Prettyh stupid behavior imo, why automatically close out a bunch of potential donors that could save a bunch of lives simply for outdated myths about their sexual orientation? Frakly, this is the kind of homophobic behavior in society that bothers me the most.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
    My blood type is A+. The only reason I even remember is because the shirts they handed out for donating had "A+" written on the blood bag and I thought it was pretty awesome that the shirts had MY blood type. Apart from that, while what you said is true, I know of many cases where males were banned from donating blood due to being homosexual. Prettyh stupid behavior imo, why automatically close out a bunch of potential donors that could save a bunch of lives simply for outdated myths about their sexual orientation? Frakly, this is the kind of homophobic behavior in society that bothers me the most.

I've seen that question on the form they make you fill out, I never thought though that they would bar you from donating because of sexual preference though D:
    Regardless, it's good that you donated blood we need a ton of it for the people who don't have enough ^-^

There were blood drives at my school twice a year, every year. I could had done it, but because of me being me, I didn't want anymore "blood brothers & sisters" out there carrying my blood. Otherwise, blood isn't an issue for me at all. I never faint B)

I would like to point out that even though it is a form of your blood going in, It will be diluted and replaced by their blood within several months.

For anyone whom may be interested in giving blood or finding drives in their areas, please click Here It's the American red
    cross website... :3

As for how I react when I see blood: Regardless of whose it is, I Access the situation, access the wound and take the proper action required... whether it be a simple band-aid to a trip to the ER and a stitches.

Back