• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blueberry Yum Yum Productions - Monotype Tounrnament

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    I thought the first round battle were suppose to be done July 31st. Round 2 was suppose to start today.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • Done by august 1st, and i've been trying to get in touch with my opponent Xtreme99 all day, hopefully he will be on before it is too late. I'd prefer to have a battle rather then someone being DQ'd.

okay i've been on since a little after 1pm Est today in my timezone on Sunday, and have checked back with Xtreme99 regularly like every hour seeing if they had returned or something but to no avail.
    I can't sit here much longer. So frustrated.

Last edited:

BlueberryYumYum602

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • @Jin-Roh Yeah that is really frustrating - I'm sorry and maybe they'll show up soon. Who knows =\

If they don't show up by midnight you automatically move on though so whatever.

Furthermore, do you all want me to PM you your opponents for the rest of the tournament or are you alright? lol

@Cascada Yeah since this is the first tournament we've ever hosted we wanted to allow plenty of time per round. Next tournament (10-person Round Robin, weight-based [all pokes must be from any one of like a dozen weight tiers], with the top three finishers [after they battle everyone] battling each other to be the champion) will probably be one round a day.

-Blueberry

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • squirtlescott says he should be ready to face me late tonight or tomorrow.
    my impatience is wearing through my defenses.

BlueberryYumYum602

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • @altaria221 Sorry bro but them's the breaks lol PM me for your Dragonite

@myrrh25 Congrats! You're opponent is Bendak (who beat me 0_0) and he's Psychic.

@Jin-Roh I'm sorry man but I know SquirtleScott and he probably will match you later. It's understandable that you're frustrated - I'm sorry Xtreme99 just ditched the tournament =\

@SkythurBathandBeyond151 haha yeah. I guess on Shoddy they're afraid of Garchomp and Salamence - I've never had a problem taking either of them down.

I wish you all the best of luck and anyone who wants their Dragonite, simply PM me!!
    -Blueberry

P.S. Was this tournament good? We wanna get another sign up going on the 7th or so - thinking we'd do Color. You must choose all 6 of your pokes from one of the color categories here. Don't know if you guys think that's a good idea or if this tournament was crap or what?https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • Allright if you say he'll be ready, then i'll take your word for it. he's just an unfamiliar face, much like yourself to me, in the battle stadium.
    I'll refrain from giving him hell. :badsmile: ...til the match starts!

I think this tournament was well organized, the bracket doesn't show all of our FC so I think maybe just have a section in the OP where the FCs are listed and just use the bracket for the pairings/type?
    I guess I just have bad luck pairing into matchs that don't happen quickly. that's not your fault i'm just impatient when i'm amped up.

BlueberryYumYum602

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • @Jin-Roh hahaha yeah well sorry that we just came in out of no where but we were lurkers and decided "hey lets start a tournament here - we've been following them and they're cool"

If we did another tournament (Color-Classed probably as was stated) and it was 8 or 10-person Round Robin, would you and/or others want to join?

I'd give you first dibs if you participated in this tournament =P
    -Blueberry

Years
  • i loved how well organized your tournament was Blueberry. and it was only a matter of time until hax caught up to me after our match >.> hahaha. But i'm actually looking forward to competing in more tournaments hosted by you guys, although i probably can't anytime soon with school starting up again, but maybe in the future :) i give you an 11 out of 10 for this tournament! ;) keep up the good work, i'll be sure to keep up with you guys.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • just based off of who would join as long as the people were active every day and/or stick to 2-3 days timeframe.
    but if its round robin, just hunt down everyone you Haven't battled!

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I'm game if you guys decide to host another tourny. Color-classed sounds good ^_^
    I've really been enjoying this tournament because, for me at least, the typing has been very well sorted. I'm Electric an i've been against Poison, Grass and next up Psychic, I don't see any weakness I could possibly have, so well done :)

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
  • P.S. Was this tournament good? We wanna get another sign up going on the 7th or so - thinking we'd do Color. You must choose all 6 of your pokes from one of the color categories here. Don't know if you guys think that's a good idea or if this tournament was crap or what?https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color

I believe there was a color one right before everyone major left, so it failed due to inactivity.
    I'm pretty sure it would be a success now seeing how many people are in fact active.

EDIT: Also, lost to Cascada 1-0.
    Stupid move on the last Pokemon cost me the match.
    It was still a good game though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    I won

1-0 It was a very close match, too close for comfort.
    I'll post the video soon unless he confirms it too.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • confirming loss to Scott. 6-0 :/ hax ruined my chances being as outtyped as i was to begin with.

Edit: Despite only getting to battle one round i still enjoyed this tournament for it's organization and i guess as balanced as possible bracketing. I look forward to your next Tourney to make me test my mettle. And if needed I have lots of battlers i know who are punctual and very good and would enjoy almost any theme aside from the standard, standard tournaments.

Also iwould like a link to the lists of what you would have as options for the 'color' tournament so i can start prepping and making my decision now :)

Last edited:

SquirtleScott92

Bug Catcher
    Years
  • Haha, uh just confirming my win. Bug kinda out types bug, plus i got 3 good haxes that completely destroyed his chances. Itll be on YT some time later tonight

BlueberryYumYum602

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Wow well good game everyone!!

Congrats to myrrh25, Bendak, SquirtleScott92 and Cascada for making it to the semi-finals!!

I wish you all the best of luck!
    -Blueberry

Back