• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Board for Starter Kit/RMXP Help

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
    Just a suggestion but, I would find this extremely helpful.

I have noticed in the Game Development section of the forums there is but a single thread for Help with RMXP(and such) and the Starter Kit. Now obviously there are many questions that go along with these.

For example the Starter Kit thread has 4,973 replies and the Help and Requests thread has 788 replies.

Now I have posted in the starter kit thread a few times, my problems were addressed once. I have also witnessed other problems, that are simple and easily solved but, with so many posts in a single thread they are missed. Replies are also lost in these messy threads.

Another issue is that people who are new to making games can not find information they need without hassle and in the end, end up posting the same question again.

Here's my proposal,
    What if there was a sub-board (in the Game Development section) that was dedicated to help with these programs and the starter kit. I know there's a tutorial sub-board but it's not the same. It wouldn't 100% solve these issues but, it would make it easier to get the info you need.
    Like say I needed to know something, I could post a topic about it (It's a bit harder to miss than a post in an already 'crowded' thread), and people who can help can see it and answer and I don't have to search and search through a ton of posts to see IF it was even answered.

As to the last issue I mentioned, it would be easier to scroll through a list of topics rather than posts to find what they're looking for.

So, what do you think?
    A possibility?

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I think this would be alright, as long as people could post something related to their question in the title of the thread. It'd also be more hassle for Avatar, but I don't think a help forum would be much trouble. Then again, I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Of course, there is always the option of another mod. And the option of closing the forum if there's too much trouble.

I don't do game development, but that's my take on it.

Back