• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Body Art

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
Years
  • So, anyone else here think you can use your body as a canvas of sorts?

Or just find it attractive?

Unfortunately, my body doesn't look particularly good with piercings, so those are out. I have two tattoos, however, a semicolon behind my left ear and a chain over my shoulders, with "Veritas" and "Aequitas" written above it in flames. That's gonna be the start of what's gonna be an entire back piece and two partial sleeves. I do have it planned out, and it's all thinks that have meaning to me instead of just looking cool.

Of course, if you think I'm an idiot, do say so. Just try and be polite. :P

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    I don't like body art.

Something about people covered with it just makes them look rather unintelligent and grungy.

A tattoo here and there is fine.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • I don't like body art.

Something about people covered with it just makes them look rather unintelligent and grungy.

A tattoo here and there is fine.

Agreed. While body art may seem like a "hip" or "expressive" thing to do at the time, look a little further down the road. How attractive is it really going to look when your wrinkly skin is distorting the image? Or when the ink is all smudged, and you can barely make out what it was supposed to be in the first place?

I don't have anything against tattoos, though. Hell, I even plan to get one in the future; a few, solid black music notes running horizontally across my Achilles tendon. But when I see a body completely covered in ink, it just looks rather stupid.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • I like tattoos, but there's a certain point where it starts to look really foul and common. No offense to those who think differently. I have 6 tattoos at the moment, and they all mean something to me. I don't see how a lot of people can go to a tattoo parlour just for the pure heck of it, like, when I got my last tattoo done, this woman came in, and she looked rather not in the head par se, and she hadn't a clue about what she wanted to get at all. Tattoos are meant to be meaningful to oneself but there are some stupid people out there that get the most ridiculous tattoos ever, like, i've seen some on websites an' all with some one having a bikini tattoo'd just above their butt. Totally ridiculous.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I don't mind tattoos, but I could probably never get one myself. I just can't imagine ever thinking of a cool idea for one that I'd know would be cool forever. I'm just too fickle. I'd regret it no matter what.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • Yeah, it can be hard trying to think of an orginial idea that no one else has, but that's rather hard to do, unless you cutomize the hell outta something you really like.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
  • I like tattoos, but there's a certain point where it starts to look really foul and common. No offense to those who think differently. I have 6 tattoos at the moment, and they all mean something to me. I don't see how a lot of people can go to a tattoo parlour just for the pure heck of it, like, when I got my last tattoo done, this woman came in, and she looked rather not in the head par se, and she hadn't a clue about what she wanted to get at all. Tattoos are meant to be meaningful to oneself but there are some stupid people out there that get the most ridiculous tattoos ever, like, i've seen some on websites an' all with some one having a bikini tattoo'd just above their butt. Totally ridiculous.

THANK YOU! If I'm going to put something on my body, it's going to mean something very special to me, something that I won't regret. I refuse to get anything done that I haven't thought about and won't be proud of.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Thought about a dragon down my arm, but it'd probably hurt like hell.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    How many of you folks have heard of scar tattoos? It's not something for the weak of heart, since it's quite graphic.

Basically it involves carefully removing the actual skin so that the scar creates an image. Pretty sick, in more ways than one. Look up pictures if you dare, haha.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    How many of you folks have heard of scar tattoos? It's not something for the weak of heart, since it's quite graphic.

Basically it involves carefully removing the actual skin so that the scar creates an image. Pretty sick, in more ways than one. Look up pictures if you dare, haha.

MY EYES :'(

Just kidding, didn't look it up.

Anyway, seems to be on the same level as branding.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020

Interesting... I like graphic (and did look it up). :D

Eh, I'm not bothered about people with a normal amount of tattoos, having grown up with a father bearing a few on his arms. I may even get one at some point. As for people completely covered in them, it's their choice and not my business to care. I tend to see tattoos as unattractive if anything but it depends who's got one, what it is and where it is.

Piercings, make-up and nail varnish all get a no from me. I see much vanity in those.
    Although, again, I'm not bothered about what people want to do, they won't be going out with me if they've got huge hoop earrings and purple eyeshadow. :P

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I'm wanting a tattoo of mesousa from pani poni, though I am looking for a good pose… and a tattoo parlour … quite lazy in looking. xD

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • How many of you folks have heard of scar tattoos? It's not something for the weak of heart, since it's quite graphic.

Yeah I've actually seen those being done on tv before. x__x This dude had his girlfriend's handprints on his chest and the left one was a scar tattoo and the right was a pitch black one. *shiver* It...looked SO ugly. xD *dies*

Tattoos look pretty cool, but I don't think I'd ever want to get one. I'm afraid I'll regret the damage it does to your skin later on in life. ;<

As far as peircings go, I had my ears pierced when I was young, but I'm pretty sure the hole closed up by now~:<

-Neko

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Definitely not a fan of body art.... ugh. XD
    I'll probably never get a tattoo, either. Doesn't interest me. I don't even LIKE my body. XD

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • Ah, the scar tattoos is quite a different form of art.. if you could call it that. There's so many proceedures with the tattooing industry. I swear they're finding more and more ways of doing this. There's also the cattle-prod method, where they use a hot steaming brand to burn you, though I'm not sure if this practice is used that much... ouch. There's also things people do to get implants put under their skin to change their appearence. Like, I don't know if any of you have heard of either of the following: Catman and Lizardman, google up some images... it's rather... different. But people are entitled to do whatever they want.

EdenDecay

・・・あさひな
    Years
  • Scar tattoo: It's called scarification and originates from New Guinea.

"Scarifying involves scratching, etching, or some sort of superficial cutting or incision. Scarification can be applied to horticulture, which involves cutting the seed coat using acid, sand paper, or a knife to encourage germination, the cutting of concrete using hydrodemolition, or as a permanent body modification, etching designs, pictures, or words into the skin." -Wikipedia

I, myself, am a fan of body bods and have many of my own but I would never do scarification.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • I must admit, that's a tad too extreme.

here's the Catman I was talking about earlier;
    Body Art

He was on a show on tv today and was explaining to the interviewees about the proceedures he's had done. The balls that are above his mouth now have whiskers on the ends, and he also has the same implanted in his forehead. His teeth filled to look like a tiger's, the upper mouth split, implanted and adjusted and also the bridge of his nose altered... very extreme.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm sorry but I don't find tattoos attractive at all. I just don't see the beauty in mutilating one's self in order to have a permanent branding. Are we animals; what is the point? I find the human body incredibly beautiful and I don't see why one would want to change it. I suppose I can understand the argument of artistic expression or nonconformity, but really can't one just accessorize with clothing or jewelry? Some people may consider a little tattoo just fine, as for myself, I don't see the difference between getting a little tattoo on your ankle and completely covering oneself in ink. However, that's just my opinion.

As for piercings, I don't have a problem with them at all, as long as they are in moderation. Pierced ears, stomach, or possibly even a little stud in the nose all look pretty decent. However, piercings such as those on the eyebrows, gages in the ears, or snake bites just seem horrid looking. Knowing that such mutilations automatically keep one from getting a respectful job or respect from the general community, why would one do it? That seems a little too much trouble to be different in my opinion.

These are just my personal thoughts, however; I'm not putting down anyone who has done any of this. It's more of a question to society really...

Back