• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books or Movies?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Books, because of the reason Astinus stated above.

Also, Movies cripple the imagination of people. That's just my opinion anyway.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I prefer books over movies. Don't get me wrong; some movies give me a picture that I would never have imagined. However, books generally help me improve my grammar, speech, vocabulary, and there a good way to spend time. :)

I would always read the book before going to see the movie-counterpart of it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Also, Movies cripple the imagination of people. That's just my opinion anyway.
    I disagree. The right movies have inspired my creativity and enhanced my perspective. Every form of art can be beneficial to the imagination, depending on its substance; reading "A Walk to Remember" did as much for me in creative development as the movie "Anaconda." :I

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have always been a movie person. Especially when it comes from Movies based on Books. I can get the same story in a lot less timing. I know sometimes its a lot more rich when reading it but idc.

Mihael

Tara X willow=OTP
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    I just like a good story, book form, movie form, cartoon form, comic book form, whatever.
    There should really be no difference between them, as I see it.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I like movies, but I prefer books. There is so much more detail in a book. And when a book I like is made into a movie, I have to watch it, though I look at it with a different mind set.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    For some reason, I like movies better because sometimes it's hard to picture the scenes and actions in the books in my mind. Buuuuut, for special books/movies series like Twilight saga *cough* I would prefer the books.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Books seem to be more personal, where with movies, you can watch with anyone. I am a little bit of an outgoing person; I like watching movies with friends and you can't do that with a book. Just trying to read out loud with others already sounds funny.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It depends on the type of story that's being told. If the story is very intimate and character-based then of course it works better as a book because you can read it at your own pace and become absorbed in the characters' relationships and situations. If the story is bold and grandiose then I think it works better as a movie because you can have all the flashy action sequences and emotive music. Comedy also works better in movies because they can do more jokes that require timing.

I can understand that a long time ago there was no way for movies to look as good as an image in someone's imagination, but nowadays filmmakers have massive budgets to spend on special effects and computer graphics, so they can create worlds that are more fantastical than anything I could dream up.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    books. just because you get to know the characters more than you do in the movies. some movies rush things along so you really dont know that much about the character even at the end. plus there is normally alot more in the books then in the movies

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
    Years
    I'll read the books first,get to know the setting,characters and such thoroughly and then I will watch the movie-adaptation so that my canon-mind can correct any mistake the production team's made xD Such as Harry Potter but I think the movie is well-made except a few infos left here and there :D

Back