• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2020
    Bought one loose packet of XY, pulled a Holo Raichu and Reverse Holo Quilladin. Pulled worse, do like me some Raichus. :)

Years
  • I got some Plasma Freeze and Xy packs and nothing to note except a Chesnaught Holo, Talonflame Holo, Sceptile Holo and Absol Holo. I also got two Freeze packs with the exact same commons and uncommons in them in the same order.

But it seems people are ripping open the packs at the store and just throwing them around and no one notices. The card isle is in the checkout lane and all the XY packs were off the pegs sitting on the shelf below and half of them were ripped open with the cards sticking out. I don't think Walmart cares much to be honest.
    I would hate for the store to put the cards behind the counter but they may have to.

Sounds like a bit of a problem with your local Wal-Mart. No such issues that I'm aware of at the majority of the Wal-Mart stores in my area.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I got some Plasma Freeze packs today from Meijer, new cards included Hariyama Reverse, Exeggutor Reverse and Cofagrigus Holo. From Freeze I still need Kyurem Metagross and Hydreigon Holos

I also got another Life Dew and Sceptile Holo.

I recently bought 4 cards on eBay as I've decided it'd be cheaper this way then buying boosters from the store, the four I bought are Venusaur Full Art, Blastoise Full Art, Emolga Full Art and Skarmory Ex, these were the only ex's I needed from the set.
    I still need Raichu Holo and both Vivillon Holos so I may buy some more packs here and there but probably not too many as I can always get these on ebay also.

Since I'm not planning on buying Flashfire and since I mostly just want Legendary ex's I'm not sure if I'm going to get any future sets, I may just get older sets.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    So, I just bought 10 Legendary Treasures boosters from a local online retailer.
    In them I got: Keldeo EX, Zekrom EX, Meloetta EX, Reshiram Full Art, Mew EX Full Art, and a Meloetta EX Full Art. Not to mention all the holos, including but not limited to: Mewtwo holo, Charizard holo, and Genesect holo. I also got a Reshiram reverse, which I really like 'cuz it looks so cool.

Anyway, my question is this; did I just get really lucky, or is the Legendary Treasures set just THAT good?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I got 3 XY packs from a tournament yesterday. Got pretty much nothing. Only thing i kept were a shauna, reverse holo roller skates, and tauros. I gave the rest of the cards to someone who was newer to the set since i didnt even want to bother carrying them home.

Only costed $5 to enter so meh. I only paid for like a pack and a half.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2020
    Bought three of the 2-packs that had the Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise cards in them. Here were my pulls:

Pack 1:
    Rare VenusaurEX FA
    Rev Holo Sandile (common)

Pack 2:

Rare Tauros
    Rev Holo Electrode (uncommon)

Pack 3:
    Rare Dugtrio
    Rev Holo Evosoda (uncommon)

Pack 4:
    Rare Zoroark Holo
    Rev Holo Rhyperior (rare)

Pack 5:
    Rare M BlastoiseEX
    Rev Holo Delphox (rare)

Pack 6:
    Rare Aegislash holo
    Rev Team Flare Grunt (uncommon)

Not bad pulls in my opinion. I do dig me some evolved versions of the original starter Pokemon! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    I opened a Wild blaze Japanese booster and got the charizard full art, after i paid for one so i was disappointed and pleased at the same time.

Also just opened a Team rocket booster 1st edition and got the secret rare dark raichu #83

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Got 4 Plasma Freeze Boosters from Meijer, the same Meiger with I for Latios, Latias, the miscut Professor Juniper and Dialga Full Art

Pack 1: Starapter Reverse, Beedrill
    Pack 2: Chandelure Reverse, Steelix
    Pack 3: Chinchou Reverse, Professor Juniper Full Art, non miscut
    Pack 4: Umbreon Reverse, Vanilluxe

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I just opened an XY booster and pulled a full art Xerneas EX! So happy right now!

Years
  • lucky you, i went through 3 booster boxes didnt get one, just paid for it in the end

I've bought 39 booster packs (I tend to buy in batches of 5 or 6) myself and have only managed a single EX from them.

My most recent round netted me just Muscle Band, Trevenant, Team Flare Grunt, and Professor's Letter in terms of noteworthy cards. :( The tin promo Yveltal EX doesn't count since that was on the tin.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    just shows how rare the rare ones are :)

I completed my wild blaze set japanese version of flashfire, the last two cards cost me like $60 each 088 and 089 out of 080

Jktgrnm.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    Hi yea, there are 2 mega charizards card no.089 and 088 out of 080 they are the secret rares and there is a rare mega no.055/080

I see someone open 20 boxes dont think they got those 2 cards

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    So I just got back into pokemon TCG and i went out and bought the two XY Decks, The Dark Tin (Sorry got to start learning the names of the new pokemon :P) and 4 Bounderies Crossed Boosters. First pack i opened I got a Zekrom EX! SO happy So happy :) also got one more EX out of the packs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    nice one, dark one that would be Yveltal and the light (good one) Xerneas

ill be opening 2 booster boxes and 2 promo boxes of flashfire next weekish see what i get there

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went back to the Meijer on the 26th where I've gotten 2 Professor Juniper's, a Dialga full art, 2 Latios Ex and a Latias Ex and got some packs and got a 3rd Latios Ex.

Today I bought one of those 3 packs for 10 dollars, since I collect packs from older sets I don't collect. It contained 3 Diamond and Pearl Great Encounters, 2 Cresselia and 1 Dialga.

Here's the cards I got
    1. Altaria
    2. Swampert Holo
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back