• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Just decided today to try out the card game again after it fell off my radar when I was in second grade and I think the first Johto cards were coming out. So of course I decided to ease myself back into it with the Evolutions set. :D

Got the Mewtwo Mayhem starter deck, along with an Evolutions booster pack, which contained a holographic Blastoise EX! I don't know what EX stands for, but I'm guessing "extreme"? It looks pretty extreme. Also it's apparently a basic instead of a level 2 evolution pokemon? Things have changed in the last 16-ish years and I have much to learn. Also contained a holographic Magneton.

Yeah EXs came around during the RS era when I was playing competitively for the first time! They used to just be better versions of the normal card (Blastoise EX back then was still a stage 2). The trade off was that they'd give your opponent 2 prizes if they knocked one of yours out. They kinda disappeared between Diamond and Pearl all the way up to Black and White. I don't really know why they're called EXs though haha. The new version of them are called GXs which is arguably worse!

Since you're now coming back to the game there's a few threads that should be very helpful for you

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316697

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=379083

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=383389

There's also a deck workshop subsection where people can help you build your deck up and give you advice :)

If you have any direct questions about the game my inbox is always open!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I opened the Mega Garchomp box, I think the best pull was a Max Elixir...

I also opened the Snorlax box, again nothing really except the promo Snorlax from Jungle.

I also opened a Blaziken tin which had a full art Primal Groudon and a M Rayquaza Ex so it at least had some exs. Oh well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I went to Walgreens today in search of the new tins, they only had the Gyarados tin. Will try the other Walgreens tomorrow.The tin was pretty good, it contained full art Houndoom and Trevenant Break. Wish that Houndoom was the mega though as I haven't pulled that one and have pulled quite of a few of the regular full art. The Houndoom Full Art was in a pack with a Houndoom Spirit Link reverse.

I also found a 2 pack, it contained 2 packs and a Xerneas pin. It looks like its repackaged but the package has the Pokémon logo on it, similar to those 3 packs from Target.

It contained a VS Seeker and a Vivillon holo.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Wow..... I went to the other Walgreens, they had 3 tins, I also got the Pikachu theme deck, they had a bogo deal buy one get one 50% off.

The first tin I opened had older packs in it, Legendary Treasures, XY and Furious Fists. It contained a M Blastoise Ex and the gold Reshiram secret rare. It was crazy.

Then I opened the second tin and it had a couple holos, it had 2 XY and 1 Furious Fists. The holos were Trevenant and Blaziken.

I opened the last tin and it's packs were the same as the first, it contained Seismitoad Full Art, Venusaur Ex and in the LT pack a Genesect holo, a Reshiram ex and a Mew full art.

Lets just say these were amazing tins.

Years
  • Yeah, those definitely were, Maserati.

I actually opened a pretty crazy tin myself. It was a Pikachu EX tin. The Steam Siege packs were pretty great.

Steam Siege Pack 1: FA Volcanion EX
    Steam Siege Pack 2: reverse holo Bisharp, Armor Fossil Shieldon, FA Gardevoir EX.

The other two packs were letdowns compared to those, but here they are:

Ancient Origins Pack: Gyarados, Lysandre
    Primal Clash Pack: reverse holo Wonder Energy, Kyogre Spirit Link, Escape Rope, Huntail

So that was some unexpectedly good pulls there.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Bought a MEwtwo EX box for the Roaring Skies and Primal Clash boosters. Got pure jank. Best pulls were 2x Bunnelby.

that_one_venusaur

that_one_venusaur
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I bought 4 packs of evolutions, 1 primal clash (it was the one random pack), a 3 pack blister featuring roaring skies, primal clash, and phantom forces, and a Latios EX tin.

From evolutions:
    Poliwrath Holo
    Blastoise EX
    Venusaur EX
    Hitmonchan Holo

From Phantom Forces:
    Manectric EX

From Roaring Skies:
    Jirachi Holo

I finally got these decent pulls after a really cold streak. Can't wait to get more :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Today I went to another Walgreens farther away and they had no Pokemon products left in the toy section, was walking around a found a Gengar tin kind of thrown onto a seasonal/sale shelf. Anyways just opened it and got a Full Art Mega Sceptile, these tins are crazy. That's 5 full arts in 5 tins. I hope my local Walgreens restocks them.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Today I went to another Walgreens farther away and they had no Pokemon products left in the toy section, was walking around a found a Gengar tin kind of thrown onto a seasonal/sale shelf. Anyways just opened it and got a Full Art Mega Sceptile, these tins are crazy. That's 5 full arts in 5 tins. I hope my local Walgreens restocks them.

I always keep an eye out for tins because of their legendary pull rates, but the UK is pretty awful at stocking anything pre 2016 tin wise.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I've had mixed pulls with the regular 4 pack tins. I've opened probably close to 100 tins and have had 1 tin, my best tin, contain 3 full arts including a secret rare Mewtwo. But so far these 3 pack Walgreens tins have been legendary. Anytime you get on average 2+ holos in 3 packs its better then normal odds. But to have it happen consectively in 5 tins from 3 different stores. I saw some openings on Youtube and these tins seem to be stacked.

Years
  • I actually received a Mewtwo Mayhem theme deck from my brother for Christmas this year.

I've had mixed pulls with the regular 4 pack tins. I've opened probably close to 100 tins and have had 1 tin, my best tin, contain 3 full arts including a secret rare Mewtwo. But so far these 3 pack Walgreens tins have been legendary. Anytime you get on average 2+ holos in 3 packs its better then normal odds. But to have it happen consectively in 5 tins from 3 different stores. I saw some openings on Youtube and these tins seem to be stacked.

It's gotta be at least partially intentional to keep some better packs for the later release tins.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    My phone camera is disgustingly bad but my xmas pulls were

Secret Rare Mewtwo EX FA (the bad mewtwo)
    Gallade EX FA
    M Gyarados EX FA
    Greninja Break
    Rev holo Fighting Fury Belt
    Rev holo Mega Turbo
    Zebstrika Rev
    Slowking Holo

And out of some packs I purchased yesterday

Rev Scizor Spirit Link
    Magearna EX FA
    Meganium holo
    +27 absolute garbage cards

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2017
    I opened up three 1st Edition Team Rocket Boosters yesterday and got a Dark Gyarados holo!

I made a video of me opening the packs, check it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I opened up three 1st Edition Team Rocket Boosters yesterday and got a Dark Gyarados holo!

I made a video of me opening the packs, check it out :)

Please embed any pack opening videos using our [youtube][/youtube] tags going forward, thanks!

For example, to embed your video in your post, you'd use [youtube]jWG_tAn3_zw[/youtube], using the part of your URL that's after the "v=".

No packs opened for me overnight. I'll open some tonight, though!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I opened the M Charizard Y Elite Trainer Box today, in it I got

M Charizard Y Full Art
    Nidoking Holo
    Nidoking Break
    Hitmonchan Holo
    Mewtwo Ex

The first 4 were back to back in the first 4 packs.

Years
  • Opened a Steam Siege 3 pack blister that I got for Christmas. This was the one with the Articuno pin.

Pack 1: reverse holo Primeape, Jumpluff
    Pack 2: reverse holo Avalugg, FA M Steelix EX, Greedy Dice
    Pack 3: Magearna EX, Pokemon Ranger

The EXs were completely unexpected considering how many packs were in this.

Years
  • And I'm back already with pulls from a Meloetta Mythical Pokemon Collection box I picked up on a trip to Target on NYE. The full art caught my eye as I was walking past to pick up a copy of CAH.

Pack 1: RC27 Wally, Pinsir, Energy Switch, Revitalizer
    Pack 2: reverse holo Max Revive, RC16 Yveltal, Jynx, Evosoda

Not as good as the packs opened on NYE, unfortunately. Still worth it for the box promo Meloetta, tho, IMO.

Years
  • This is what I got today from my 3 Ancient Origins boosters, also came with the Salamence card as a freebie

Your URLs don't work inside of the Image tags on vBulletin, it would seem. Use a site like Imgur instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back