• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bottomless bags are tough to dig through

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I hate that! One of the worst things about Platinum!

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    Bottomless bag = great.
    No PC storage = stupid.

I would love a combination of both, that would be so handy.

lorddarigarn

Bane of Optomism
    Years
    I think one thing they could do is make "folders" - sections of the bag that you can drag items into(via the touch screen) to segregate them a bit and mean that you're only digging through as much as you choose to.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    It's good that you can have as many items as you want, but it's a pain to go through many other items to get a specific one. So I sort them by the category they go to (battle hold items, stones, plates, etc).

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I hate it. >____< That's why I sell everything that I know I'll never use. Plus I got the Japanese version of Platinum, so I donno some of the things I have. I mean, some of the stuff I can tell by looking at the picture, but others, I really just can't figure them out.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I always used to use the item storage system to suppress my urge to use Rare Candies, or to store excess items, and with the Item Storage gone, well, there goes my Rare Candy Stockpile.

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    I'm not too bothered by it, to me all I have to do is scroll, and that's not too annoying.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Why would they take that feature out for? Unless they forgot to put it back in which is pretty stupid considering they had 2 years to fix the dag problem >.>"

I have to sell my items and give my Pokemon items that they will never use

:t354:TG

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    It's called organizing, you should try it sometime.

No seriously, I just group items together, the hp-restore on top the status-restores after and then the lesser used items follow. It's not that hard and takes about 5 minutes.

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    The bottomless bag is good, no more being in the bottom floor of a dungeon and finding an item, only to learn that your bag is full. They need to re-introduce PC banking, so things like the breeding items, evolution stones, and Arceus Plates outta the way, though. I did take the time to sort my bag, and its a whole lot easier to go through the bag without getting lost. Can't always get what you want, i guess.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    Yeah, it is annoying to scroll, but I put important items up top, then I organize my bag kinda like this:

-Arceus Plates
    -Hold Items
    -Evolution Hold Items
    -Evoltionary stones
    -Random stuff like Heart Scales
    -Incense
    (This is not the order I have them in, just the order that I remembered them in)

Years
    I kinda like how there's a bottomless bag, because you don't have to deal with "No more room for items!" all the time (which was especially annoying in Red/Blue/Yellow when you only had one pocket for items). The thing that annoys me is that the game lags whenever it scrolls because for whatever reason, it takes a while to load every item icon (even though previous games didn't have problems with this). If you use Select and use the touch screen, then you can scroll very fast.

The Red Chain

I never used item storage.. so I didn't even notice it was gone to be honest. XD
    I'm always patient enough to just scroll down and get the item that I want.. so 'bottomless bag' doesn't bother me.
    But yeah.. organizing your bag with 'Select' is a good option if you aren't patient enough to scroll. -shrug-

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Whyis it such a problem when it was designed so that you can carry every item in your bag?! Just organize it, I think they did us a favor.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Back