• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Boufallant, what a pain to take down.

Tough or not?

• Yeah...

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Nah...

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Ugh,it annoys the hell out of me whenever I face this bulky cow....Freaking HEAD CHARGE!!! :t130: Do you agree with me?

**Crap,typo...It should be Bouffalant,sorry!And with a missing "a" in front of "pain"...Silly me... :(

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Uh... I don't remember if I hated it or not. Probably not, though. But I do hate its cry.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I didn't have trouble with it when fighting Ghetsis, Hydreigon was much harder to take down if you ask me.

Other than that, didn't run into it much to be honest.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    1. Switch to Scrafty
    2. Proceed to destroy

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • His signature attack is a pain, but if you have a speedy fighting Pokemon (like Meinshao) he's not hard to take down at all. Jump Kick.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Bouffalant is pretty bulky, so it can take a hit before getting a Head Charge in. I've battled my fair share of them and while they weren't the easiest Pokemon to go up against, they weren't very hard either because of how Head Charge recoil can add up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    He was a pain for me yeah. Admittedly mainly only in the wild when I was concentrating on grinding rather than Ghetsis. All in all I found it better to grind in Victory Road or focus him down if I was up against him in a 2v2.

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    head charge! RAWR*cringes*

anyway, yeah, a total pain, just when i think i take it down, its still there. and then my poor pokemon takes a blow to the face...

Alder

I know every corner of Unova.
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I LOVE MY BOUFFALANT :(

But really, Bouffalant is the only one that I still have trouble with, because I grind on the E4 with Volcarona and he can't take on a Bouffalant with any of his moves easily. Then I go to switch to my most defensive Pokemon to take on more Head Charges which is Ferrothorn, and then I forget he has Sap Sipper and use Power Whip and make it worseeee I suck lol.

Years
  • They do get rather annoying while I'm trying to train my Rufflet, as I have to switch to another pokemon to battle or run and it takes a god 40-50% health away.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yeah, Head Charge is annoying for me too, especialy when I'm trying to level grind and I have to use a Hyper Potion every time I battle one because I can't get the OHKO and then it does something destructive.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Bouffalant is somewhat sturdy and is hard to take down, but fighting moves usually OHKO it. I've never had much trouble with it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    tbh it's worse that it appears in the last route before the elite four, when you're trying to grind for either the elite four or grind for Iris/Drayden, and in the double battle grass it keeps appearing and it's pretty strong, and ugh. Just somewhat annoying to battle in-game, but hey if you use fighting types (which are useful basically all the way through - or Scraggy at least since psychics are also common and you've got crunch to counter them etc and with those not affecting, yeah) Boufallant shouldn't be an issue. :3

Though yes it is annoying. :(

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    With the right strategy, Pokémon and moves, I can take down Boufallant relatively easily. Emphasis on the Pokémon part - some work really well, but for others, your best bet is to switch out. I don't find them annoying, to be honest...

Back