• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Box organization.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Simple question. How do you organize your boxes in your PC? Do you designate one box in particular for your party, one for legendaries? Do you organize it by type? By numerical Pokédex order? By alphabetical order? Do you organize your boxes at all?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I usually have box 5 or 6 as party members that I'll want again, EV trained Pokemon, etc. Up until that box all the other boxes are just Pokedex fillers; because I'll never look at them again I don't bother organizing them.

When I was younger though I was meticulous in organizing my Pokemon by type, idk why haha.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • My boxes for SoulSilver are organized like so:
    Shiny (My collection of assorted Shiny's), Eevee (My collection of Eevelution forms, sans LEAFEON and GLACEON, Ditto (Holding my little breeding buddies), Eggs (Unhatched Eggs), Legends (All the legendary POKeMON I've captured,) ,Unowns (My unfinished Alphabet soup of POKeMON) and the remaining 12 boxes, 4 and half of which are filled to the brim with different species of POKeMON.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    My first couple of boxes usually contain Pokemon that I use regularly, be it for Elite Four farming, Battle Frontier, contests or otherwise. Following that I keep any Pokemon that I don't use for battle, but retain for the purposes of breeding. But after that I don't do much in the way of organization. Any boxes after those used for breeding contain Pokemon that I have no intention of ever using, except to evolve to obtain Pokedex entries. This includes several legendaries because they can niether breed nor participate in competitive play.

Years
  • Oh heck no. My boxes contain no organization whatsoever. It's too much of a hassle to keep moving Pokemon around. So, whatever order they arrive in the box, they stay that way haha.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I haphazardly spread my Pokemon out across all of the boxes. Don't get me wrong, I've tried organizing them before, but when I switch Pokemon around a lot I don't ever sort them back in the right places.

I think I had a fully organized alphabet of Unowns once though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • When I do organize it's usually by level in increments of 5-20 depending on how many 'mon I have. But usually I don't organize at all because I have about twelve Pokémon I play with on any playthrough and there's no point in organizing that haha.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • I usually have all 17 types organised in their designated places, I have a box called 'EV/Party', which is for my EV Trained pokemon and party members (Pretty much all of my party pokemon are EV Trained lol xD) and an Egg's box for unhatched eggs, as they spam my boxes :x and i have an 'Other' box. This box is used for Event's, Legendaries, Shiny's and pokemon that i would never release (Like my first pokemon of BW - Thermal The Emboar).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't really organize my boxes much; I just let my Pokemon accumulate in the boxes most of the time. Recently, I've made separate boxes for my battling Pokemon, breeding Pokemon and Pokemon with the Synchronize ability.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • I only have a "Trained Pokemon" box for various Frontier / PWT Pokemon I use and a "Banned" (Legendary) box for...well, all the legendaries I have. Since most are banned (especially in PWT) in Frontier, I never use them.

One time in Emerald version, I actually had a box for every single type. It was fun organizing it and placing them, but after awhile I realized how stupid it was, haha.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • In White, each type either has it's own box, or it shares one with a simular type (For exaple, Rock and Ground go together), plus a legendary box, a "For trade" box, and a "Needs to be trained" box.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I put them in numerical order. I know I've completed the game when all 649 spaces are filled up! n__n I usually only do that on hacks though. On my games that I use for trading I usually put them in any old way. But with a clone next to them.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I typically just reserve one box (usually the very last one) for Pokemon which I've levelled up significantly, be it previous party members which I've replaced, or current party members for temporary storage. I also keep unique, single-encounter Pokemon, such as legendaries, in the final box, usually lined up in a row towards the bottom of the box. When I tried my hand at breeding for a while in Pearl, I also had another box for eggs and newly-hatched Pokemon. Otherwise, all my other Pokemon are just stored haphazardly starting from box 1.

Lately, however, I've never really captured enough Pokemon to fill even half a box, so organizing my Pokemon hasn't been an issue.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I fill up one box with all the Pokémon that I'm not gonna have on my main team, move on to the next one, fill that one up and move on to the next one. Though usually I don't really go for catching Pokémon, so I hardly ever get any more than one box filled xD

But yeah, that's how I do it now, but when I was younger I was much more into organizing it. Usually I organized boxes after typing and moved every Pokémon into the box of their primary typing, though sometimes when I caught more of the same Pokémon, I organized the boxes for that specific Pokémon ._. I also organised after design sometimes, but that never really work out.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • All my storage games have organization, except my second copy of Emerald. I just traded stuff from Sapphire, which was my storage game, to Emerald and never got around to organizing that mess. Diamond is organized by region, and there are boxes for legendaries and Eeveelutions. HeartGold is organized by region as well. Platinum has "the best" which are EV'ed Pokemon and shiny, or other Pokemon I deem worthy. Then there's legendary box and non competitive box. Other boxes are full of Treecko. Masuda method sucks. My Jap White is organized by types, but legendaries and shinies are separated. Then Black has no organization, except I keep my RNG'd Pokemon boxed together, as well as parents I've downloaded off Pokecheck.

Years
  • I can't say as I really organize my boxes all that well. Usually I'll have one box of the main Pokemon that I switch in and out of my party, and the rest just unorganized. However, I did keep a seperate box for Unown when I caught all of them in Fire Red, and then did the same thing again for Heart Gold.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I put them per type for some types I have more boxes for it on my black I'm almost at my third box for water types. I also have a box for pokemon species I have more then 1 of.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • As a kid, I used to organize them by types and decorate them, but nowadays, one box is for team members, HM slaves and Legendaries, one for failed babies waiting to be traded for something useless for the Pokedex, and rest is for those caught for Pokedex.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I was able to organize my boxed Pokemon by "habitat" at one point (by which I mean Ruby version), but now all I do is keep a few boxes out of the way for shinies, events, and competitive Pokemon. The rest get to intermingle in my overflowing storage.

Back