• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Boy or Girl?

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Who will you be picking as your default character? Since there is no trainer customization this time I'm going to be picking May.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'll be playing as May, of course! I'm playing as a girl because that's what I am, and because I was a girl the first time I played Sapphire. I will probably play it again later and choose Brendan, though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Look at my avatar and tell me who I'm gonna pick. :P

I'm gonna be May. I usually choose the female on my playthroughs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I'm going to play as May, as I am female myself. I have played as Brendan twice in the past. however.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    This is a tough pick for me. I always played May as a kid, because I liked how sporty she looked. Now she looks more like a girly girl, while I'm a man... which could be taken in the wrong way.

I'll probably end up picking May because I'm going for a nostalgia trip on these games.

Years
  • Both are two of my favourite protagonists so it's hard haha, although Brendan's one of the few male protagonists that could sway me (the other being Ethan/Gold), I'll be sticking with May and my own gender this time around haha :)

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I was really set on picking Brendan when I found out about ORAS, now, I just might pick May. I guess I'll find out when I actually get to that part of the game. hehe

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I almost always pick the girl, just because I feel I can relate to her more.

However, I have never really liked May's design and I reaaalllly like Brendan's new design so I might just switch things off and pick him. After all, the only game I've played through to date as a guy was Emerald, so I might just go with him for nostalgia reasons too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll be picking the girl and naming her Alli, as I always do. I really like Brendan though so I'll likely pick him when I get OR later on. I'll probably go with the name Eoin.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Boy in Alpha Sapphire for my first play through, Girl in Omega Ruby in my second play through. I'll be naming them after their default names so Brendan and May respectively. :3

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I will be picking May since that's what I picked on my sapphire and emerald versions way back when. I'm probably gunna name her Kimmy, as how I did in sapphire.

Back