• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BP's Various Sprite Showcase

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    An hacker, signature maker and now an sprite maker?! Lol I was always a sprite editor, I never really did do scratch sprites.

You can not use ANY of my stuff in hacks, even with permission.

Well please rate...

These ones below were made early last YEAR, on an Windows 98 computer in the middle of summer, A few of them were requests from Pokemon Crater which for the people who don't know, has closed down... so quality may be a bit scratchy especially when you had to use an computer that lagged like a snail with these weird gremlins then the computer would freeze, and sometimes, the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (Fatal Errors) would appear meaning I would need to start again. Meh enough reading this garbage and see what I have done.

(All saved in .bmp to stop thief's)

Recolours

Toxic Charziard

MD Suicune (Deoxys colour)

I got an massive collection of "Holy" and "Unholy" recolours on the old 98 computer, I'll try and upload here soon.

Fusions

Groudon+Mewtwo Fusion

Dragonite+Tyranitar Fusion

Salamence+Flygon Fusion

Flygon+Seadra Fusion

Tyranitar+Rhydon Fusion

Tyranitar, Mewtwo, Latios, Metagross Fusion

Poke-Eggs

Rayquaza/Salamence Fusion Egg

Poke-Human Morphs

Cooltrainers - Raichu

Magma Execs - Salamence

Gary and Female Swimmer (R/S) - Ninetales

Aqua Grunts - Scizor

Aqua Execs - Articuno

Re-Makes
    All of these are current ones.

Flannery Cave-Girl

Electric Leader for Pokemon DarkLight (Brawly)

Scratches:

Scratch of Hero in DarkLight (Original)

Invert of Scratch (You could call it a shiny XD)

Reaper-Like Scratch.

Last edited:

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • You like Tyrannitar, don´t you?^^

Some of your sprites are pretty good, some are... strange.

Suicune looks good, I really like it.
    Groudon/Mewtwo looks just strange (head´s too big, feets too)
    I don´t like the Flygon/Seadra fusion, because of the left wing. If you don´t mind, I´ll take your sprite (or just the idea) and see if I can improve it (visit my thread^^ lol)

Your Magma execs look great, but the wing of the female Aqua looks strange.

And I like your scratch (+shiny)^^

Good luck and have fun,
    Bombah!

Ps.: Isn´t the Rayquaza Egg a Rayquaza/Salamence Egg?

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Lol I just realised that. Thanks for noticing.

Yes the groudon/mewtwo fusion isn't my best...
    and that thing about me liking Tyranitar, It just happened to be an good base.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • i like the rayquaza/salamence egg! it's very nicely done. i am currently doing an egg project myself. I will have it up once i can post 15 .

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Thanks and good luck with your project too.

Like it? (I hope so^^)
    Good luck and have fun,
    Bombah!

Na... I still think mines better but of coarse i can improve on it.

i like the rayquaza/salamence egg! it's very nicely done. i am currently doing an egg project myself. I will have it up once i can post 15 .

Good luck with your egg project.

Last edited:

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Thanks and good luck with your project too.

Na... I still think mines better but of coarse i can improve on it.

Thanks.

WANNA FIGHT?? WANNA MESS WITH ME?? JK, lol. Like I said, just wanted to try to improve. I like yours too, but the left wing looks kinda missplaced.

Anyway, good luck with this and your hack.
    HF,
    Bombah!

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008

Here we go! My latest Scratch sprite. It is some reaper-like creature. It has no name yet... and I don't intend to give it one.

Well I'll stick this in my collection.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Oh, I am really annoyed right now, because I had was just about to finish reviewing your sprites when I accidentally hit the back button on my internet browser, thus losing everything I had typed, and trust me, there was a lot of words. Forgive me if I'm not as kind to you as I was originally going to be. Anyways, enough words, let's go:

Recolours:

First off, it's spelled Charizard, and if you think your spelling was bad, this sprite wasn't much more. I'm not trying to slag you or anything, but the purple doesn't really, you know, blend with anything? It's a really, really, really horrible purple you've picked there, mate. I would recommend blending a lighter purple with the current purple for the tail, as there are normally two or three seperate colours for a fire. Also, the mouth is bright pink; not to great. I suggest an orange or a black recolour to make it look the part.

The Suicune recolour was okay, I have to admit. I didn't think that a Deoxys theme would do well with a Suicune but you've managed to prove me wrong. Not a hard feat to accomplish but congratulations nonetheless. I quite like the recoloured veil, it really seems to go well with the rest of the recolour. Good work with this one, even though it was a bit too small for my liking.

Fusions:

The Groudon/Mewtwo fusion is interesting, to say the least. I like the fact that Groudon's head seemed to slot in perfectly with Mewtwo's head, but that's about the only good thing that happened for the splice. For a start, the hands should not be recoloured. I know what you were trying to achieve but you failed, unfortunately. Trust me, the hands would be better off coloured with the default grey. The legs are horrible. I'm not trying to flame or insult you, but they seem to be buckling and they are horribly placed. The tail also seems pretty jagged to me, but I don't think that needs to be commented on.

The Dragonite/Tyranitar fusion is okay, probably your best sprite in this showcase. I do have a bit of nitpicking to do with it, so bare with me for a few seconds. I really don't think that the antennas sprouting out of the fusion's head should be there. They just seem out of place to be and they don't really seem to have a purpose. The wings seem to be very small and unwanted in comparison to the body, so I'd say they should go to. That's more or less everything, except for the fact that the left leg seems to be broken. Good work, nonetheless.

As for the Salamance/Flygon fusion, well, I like it. I like the lime green colour you've gone for and I like the way that the body has managed to shape together in a pretty good way. I just want to bring up Flygon's antennas that are a sad attempt for hair of a Salamance; it doesn't go with anything else that is part of the sprite in question. It really seems out of place to me and I think you should get rid of it. That's just my opinion, though and obviously it's not going to be taken seriously.

The Flygon/Seadra fusion is horrific. I'm gonna lay it down bluntly 'cause I can't think of any other way to say it. I appreciate the fact that you were working with a very hard fusion, but, let's face it, it was never going to end up satisfactory. The head is okay, I'll give you credit for that, but everything else begins to fall apart after that. May I ask why there is a pair of wings on top of another pair of wings? I don't quite understand. The end of the body is pretty much out of place, but I do like the recolouring you've managed with it.

The Tyranitar/Rhydon fusion is good for your standards. The one thing I'm going to have to point out is the distasteful bright blue horn. The rest of the body is really great but the horn seems to take everything away, so I recommend that you get your own back by getting rid of the horn. Also, the fusion looks like it is falling to the left so I would advise, you know, straightening it up a little?

As for the Tyranitar/Mewtwo/Metagross/Latios fusion, well, I don't know where to begin. Latios' wings seem to clash horribly with Mewtwo's tail and the wings also seem to take away a lot from the fusion, so I would think that the fusion would be better without them. Also, is there a bit of Deoxys you're not telling us about, because I really want to know where the purple and white strings from the fusion's neck came out of, as they seem to be out of place. And the legs, were they subject to some sort of miracle because I really don't understand how you expect them to stand with a Pokémon that weighs that much is on top of them. They also seem to be curving inwards, which doesn't look the greatest. An alright fusion though, I have to admit.

Poké-Eggs:

The Rayquaza/Salamance fusion egg is pretty good, but I would suggest getting rid of Rayquaza's tail, as it really clashes with Salamance's wings and seems rather out of place. Other than that, it's very good. Well done.

Poké-Human Morphs:

The first two Raichu cooltrainers are pretty good, but I always have a complaint or two so I may as well list them: The Raichu ears on the cooltrainer seem to be horribly out of place, so I would suggest going back and fixing that up, whilst the female's right leg looks glued on, so I suggest the same. It was a pretty good attempt, good work.

The Salamance Magma grunts are very well done, I love how you managed to get the hood done, it was great. The Ninetales Gary and female swimmer was also good, as were the Scizor Aqua Grunts and the Articuno Aqua Grunts.

Meh, I'm not too great at reviewing Poké-Human Morphs and I am going nowhere near your other pieces of art. Good work, all in all, good work.

Back