• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brave New Worlds (fully sexual society)

Years
The fact of the matter is that I have no idea what an "etheral heart" is. It's not that I'm not open to the possibility, it's that the idea is very vague. It's not objective, and the use of quotation marks everywhere makes its subjectivity obvious. It's also highly arbitrary, since you're coming up with many claims without a shred of evidence nor an explanation in their support. At least with a neurological explanation of emotion (and sex) you're linking it to something we already know. Let me ask you the negative - given what we know about the nervous system coordinating our actions (our impulses, hunger and thirst, reflexes, etc.), why should emotions be separate from the nervous system?

And why is the brain's love fake love, and the heart's love true love? What is true emotion versus fake emotion? Isn't what's fake and true subjective ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
The fact of the matter is that I have no idea what an "etheral heart" is. It's not that I'm not open to the possibility, it's that the idea is very vague. It's not objective, and the use of quotation marks everywhere makes its subjectivity obvious. It's also highly arbitrary, since you're coming up with many claims without a shred of evidence nor an explanation in their support. At least with a neurological explanation of emotion (and sex) you're linking it to something we already know. Let me ask you the negative - given what we know about the nervous system coordinating our actions (our impulses, hunger and thirst, reflexes, etc.), why should emotions be separate from the nervous system?

And why is the brain's love fake love, and the heart's love true love? What is true emotion versus fake emotion? Isn't what's fake and true subjective ?

etheric - here, edumacation and all that

The "fake" nature of fake love exists due to the idea that neurological love is not anchored. As in, what we call love in terms of the brain is subject to alteration into various things which are not the same. This is due to how the brain functions. On the other hand, "true" love is true due to existing as its own thing, not subject to alteration. While the etheric heart is where true love comes from, the emotion of love itself is not designed or altered by the etheric heart, while neuro-emotions are altered all the time, based on factors other than themselves. Things like sex, for example.

In other words, fake love is a temporary phenomenon while true love is an ever-present force.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2021
Sex is really just a means to an end at its base. Very few species of animals practice casual sex. Male lions use it to further his dominance, Chimps on the other hand do it as a form of social interaction which is a huge part of their nature much like humans. Humans have such a deep conscious and most become emotionally attached to other living things whether it be an animal, another human as a friend or a lover. I think people tend over think sex. The general line in this thread seems to be those who look at it in a scientific way with pheromones and such, and then those who view it as more spiritual and imaginative experience. I think as individual humans we should be able to explore sex as we choose but at the same time we have get a grasp on what is wrong and right. Not just based on a religion or political affiliation.

Years
etheric - here, edumacation and all that

The "fake" nature of fake love exists due to the idea that neurological love is not anchored. As in, what we call love in terms of the brain is subject to alteration into various things which are not the same. This is due to how the brain functions. On the other hand, "true" love is true due to existing as its own thing, not subject to alteration. While the etheric heart is where true love comes from, the emotion of love itself is not designed or altered by the etheric heart, while neuro-emotions are altered all the time, based on factors other than themselves. Things like sex, for example.

In other words, fake love is a temporary phenomenon while true love is an ever-present force.

Don't you see how it's subjective though? I could be a person who thrives on "fake" love in your eyes, yet I will claim it to be true. And how does the brain function in such a way corroborates with what you're saying? Why does "anchoring" matter and how does it occur? And what does "true" love existing as its own thing even mean? If it comes from the etheric heart, why isn't it designed or altered? What's the point of having an etheric heart when it doesn't do anything to "true" emotion?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Aaaaaah big words!

I think that it would be hard to practice monogamy if people were having sex with everyone all the time. It just seems like a more personal, intimate thing to me, but that's an opinion and not a fact. Sex is a part of social structure for some animals, like dolphins, s what would it be for us? Right now it's a sign of partnership (except for rape and stuff), so hat would out become? Just something to do? If so, why? Why have it become so natural, what purpose would this serve? How would actual couples have anything special/private left that would provide a purpose for couples? Love, which can change?

Sorry, but I'm complicated. And weird. And don't forget I'm white and nerdy!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
How would actual couples have anything special/private left that would provide a purpose for couples?

There's always balloon animals! :D

Isn't the love shared between lovers (not lusters) strong enough to fill ANY gap? I'd say the partner(s) would be the special/private thing that's left.

Back