• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Default

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
OixMrLP.jpg

FRIDAY HAS COMETH. Time to drop everything to play this now.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
:3

Right now I'm trying to build some weapon shops~ My team so far:

Agnés Lv. 6 (White Mage Lv. 1)
Tiz Lv. 6 (Freelancer Lv. 2)
Ringabel Lv. 5 (Monk Lv. 1)

Ringabel is automatically amazing~ <3

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I've had this game a good while, the one thing it's encouraged me to do is to use the Streetpass and Sleep Mode facilities on the 3DS more often..

But yeah, I love it I love it I love it. I like the voice acting well enough (I don't particularly like Ringabel's though) and the graphics and the ease of playing it. Grinding is relatively quick (compared to something like Pokemon) due to the Auto and speed up features.

Right now all my team is at level 20 and I've just got the Vestal Garb thing for Agnes. I have Tiz as a Monk, Agnes as a White Mage, Ringabel as a Knight and Edea as a black Mage and that seems to suit me well enough. It's my first real attempt at designating jobs in any game, so I'm not sure how it works but meh, I'm happy.

The only thing I'm not sure about is: Does the organisation of team members (say having Edea lead rather than Tiz) affect anything at all?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
The only thing I'm not sure about is: Does the organisation of team members (say having Edea lead rather than Tiz) affect anything at all?

I've tried that, and nope; it just means that particular character has taken the lead, and you choose what she does before the others. Nothing else is really effected! c:

Years
The game's out in the US, exciting! I tried going into GameStop to see if they had copies but they only had enough for people who reserved. Sooo I ended up placing a cash order to have the warehouse ship it to me.. ten days of waiting but I don't wanna go back into the store. XD;

Years
I can easily see Bravely Default becoming one of the most classic, revered games of the 2010s. Whether it deserves to, I'm not sure; I've never played it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
I was hyped up to get this game until I downloaded the demo and it kept freezing on me. Based on what I could play, this game seems like a new low for Square-Enix. They took the worst traits of the newer FF games' battle system and Sim City, and reformatted them in the graphics styling of FF3 for the DS. Someone please tell me that this not as horrible as the demo makes it seem. I was real adamant about getting it, but now I don't know what to think.
Freezing? First, that I've heard of the demo doing that. May I ask you to elaborate on something though? Can you clarify what you mean by the "newer" FF battle system, specifically what games do you mean by that?

Just wondering did you not like the demo because of the game mechanics, or was it how the demo was handled?

Yukari

Hmm... I think I want to buy this game even more now...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I plan to get it once the monies from my tax return come in. It looks really good and I'm totally looking forward to it, but it seems really similar to the early Final Fantasy games (like 3, 4, and 5). That's certainly a good thing, but I just hope it's not too similar, since I played the heck out of those games xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hooray for updates! (´∀`)b Met Edea and she's on the good ol' team!

Lv16
Edea (Merchant Lv 3)

Lv17
Tiz (Thief Lv 3)

Lv17
Agnés (White Mage Lv 5)

Lv16
Ringabel (Monk Lv 5)

I got the Thief and Merchant astricks from sidevents. The game is still pretty fun so far! Though sometimes I think the enemies are a little tough so I bought some advanced weapons. Then again, I realize we can just abuse the Brave system 4x and take em' all out on the first turn.

All those minuteeees... 。・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。

Years
I love the job system in this game so very much. This might be the first game I've ever had to have a hard hitting white mage. I didn't belive it myself at first, but sure enough, My White Mage is my strongest party member as far as Physical Attack goes.

This feels almost like a reboot to the Final Fantasy Series, even the opening was very similar to the Original Title (Bridge Broken to the north, Warrior of Light etc). It almost seems like the Lore is pointing in the direction of this being in the far future of a previous Final Fantasy game. (Making references to creatures like Bomb's dying out in the "Age of Myths" and whatnot)

I'm currently working on the Thief Side-Vent (or at least I'm assuming it's theif related, having theives in it.) I'm pretty overleveled due to some minor grinding I did at the start, but, I'm more in it for the story then some sort of challenge. Although I have considered switching it up to hard.

My Team is

Tiz the Martial Artist (LV 21)
Agnes the White Mage (Lv 21)
Ringading the Black Mage (Lv 21)
Edna the Knight (Lv 20)

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
Years
I got the Collector's Edition on launch day, but I have not gotten very far due to certain obligation, and rotating between this & Pokemon X Friend Safari accumulation. I am where you start off at in the demo (party is level 14).

For those who have the game, I will accept anyone who is playing to take advantage of Friend Summon & Ablink features. For me, having Kirlia & Liepard Friend Safaris will provide an additional bonus (only two Pokemon I am looking for).

Years
Finally got my copy of the Collector's Edition and was too busy ogling it yesterday to play XD Will probably start playing today should I get some work done~ So excited! O(≧▽≦)O Meanwhile there are probably people who are finished the game already ;___;

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm contemplated on this. On one hand, JRPGs are one of my least favorite, but I do like classic Final Fantasy. And with the class system...but I've read unfavorable impressions, especially regrading the pacing which is the absolute one thing no jrpg should ever **** up on.

Maybe when the price is down. My money goes to DKC and Danganronpa this month. (Then again, this was out here last December lol)

Years
I'm contemplated on this. On one hand, JRPGs are one of my least favorite, but I do like classic Final Fantasy. And with the class system...but I've read unfavorable impressions, especially regrading the pacing which is the absolute one thing no jrpg should ever **** up on.

Maybe when the price is down. My money goes to DKC and Danganronpa this month. (Then again, this was out here last December lol)

I have not found any problems with the pacing yet. It's nothing special when it comes to pacing, but the game doesn't feel slow at all. I guess take that with a grain of salt though, It seems our opinions differ from time to time. So you might feel different when you play it for yourself ^_^. I guess the only real criticism I have with the game so far is it's not challenging in the slightest. The only real fights I've been in so far have been optional bosses that you get as part of a streetpass feature. Even then, most of them are only difficult because they have a gimmick attached to them, you figure out the gimmick and then they go down quick.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 2, 2016
I played the demo for a few days until the actual game itself was released. What I like about that whole thing is that it didn't spoil anything at all. Sure it helped you understand the gameplay and a little bit of other things.

Funny thing, I was given my first lvl 70 village monster today, sort of scratching my head on this one.

Currently. All my team is at lvl 30 and I'm on Chapter 2 chit-chatting-it-up in Florem.

Staying away from grinding and rotating jobs has kept this game challenging. At least to me. I've played many walk and level-up type of games in my day, and I find myself using revives or whatnot more than I'd like to.

I need more villagers, though!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So I finally gave the demo a spin this morning. So far, so good, even though I only played for just under and hour. Love dat battle music: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R5lkM5EBjo[/ame]

I do have a couple of questions:

1) How's the story? Is it any good?
2) How predisposed are the characters to certain classes? Do they each faire a better in certain classes, or do they all do pretty well in any class?

Would go out and buy the game asap, but Tales of Symphonia Chronicles comes out in a couple of weeks, and I don't have the money to buy Bravely Default, that, AND another PS3 controller.

Why is the video embedded into the post? I didn't tell it to do that.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
1) How's the story? Is it any good?

It seems pretty good so far; quite an interesting approach full of mystery and what's gonna happen next~

2) How predisposed are the characters to certain classes? Do they each faire a better in certain classes, or do they all do pretty well in any class?

Actually, I think any class can work with any character; the difference in stats is pretty small, with Edea has slightly better Physical Attack, Ringabel has slightly better speed, Tiz having good all-round stats, and Agnes having good Magic Attack, but, really, you can do almost anything so long as you have a good strategy to back it up!

Well, here's my game file's recent update with the characters:

Edea
Lv. 41 (Black Mage Lv. 9)

Tiz
Lv 42 (Monk Lv 9)

Agnes
Lv 42 (Thief Lv 7)

Ringabel
Lv 42 (Merchant Lv 9)

I'm trying out a strategy where you abuse the heck out of critical hit %. Some of the Special abilities raise crit % and Merchants have this ability called Pay to Play where you spend 50 pg x the level of your character to raise the Critical rate by 300%, in which you can have a max of 1000% crit chance, which reaaaally helps against bosses with large HP.

I just got the performer job though, so, I'll change some classes around, and in the future, Edea will be a Pirate, and Agnes will be a Performer, while Tiz and Ringabel can handle some Magic / Examines.

Last edited:
Back