• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Default

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I just hit chapter 5, and I'm starting to get a little wary with where this game might be going -_-
    Ah, why would that be? ;p

Regarding Bravely Second - beat the true ending of BD and you get to see the trailer in the game itself (remember those ??? options in the main menu screen? Yeah.) It's an AR one too i.e. you get to look around with the 3DS like with the opening intro, it's pretty neat.

Years
  • Yeah, there are two trailers for Bravely Second. One has the spoiler, and the other is spoiler free just showing a new character and concept art.

Oh, are you doing the Praline quest? Yeah, that was slightly tedious. xD

Actually, it was the one going back and forth between Caldisla and Hartschild with Egil D: Now I'm about to embark on those stones to get into Vampire Castle OTL

Years
  • Ah, why would that be? ;p

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • @ DavidtheDeadPhilosopher, I figured, I have beat the game myself after all, haha.

Spoiler:

Years
  • i finished it on normal difficulty some time ago and i liked it but i felt like the final boss wasnt that hard, maybe its harder if i put it in higher difficulty

Years
  • i finished it on normal difficulty some time ago and i liked it but i felt like the final boss wasnt that hard, maybe its harder if i put it in higher difficulty

My friend started with the higher difficulty and immediately told me that it was quite hard XD That's what grinding is for! Also, I have a question regarding the sub-scenarios. Can you do them anytime? Like, instead of doing them when they're first available, can you complete them post-game or later in the game?

Years
  • Technically you can. But each chapter has a different Asterisk boss scenario/dialouge. Not doing them each chapter (or at least most chapters) makes you miss a lot of backstory/plot. Though some bosses do have overlapping chapter dialogues. (They should make a chart showing which bosses have unique ones each chapter to make such determinations easier LOL)

Also just listening to "That Person's name is..." So good.

Crystin

Master of Swords
    Years
  • Hey all, just thought I'd pop in here to discuss Bravely Default~

I'm currently still in chapter one haven't had much time to play because puppies and have been grinding to try and get the Merchant asterisk. I tried fighting him on level 10 and was utterly obliterated... XD

Do you guys have any strategies on how to beat him? I'm so horrible at this game q.q

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Hey all, just thought I'd pop in here to discuss Bravely Default~

I'm currently still in chapter one haven't had much time to play because puppies and have been grinding to try and get the Merchant asterisk. I tried fighting him on level 10 and was utterly obliterated... XD

Do you guys have any strategies on how to beat him? I'm so horrible at this game q.q
    Yeah, the Profiteur can be a real pain. I highly recommend you raise your levels. Profiteur's Takeover does exactly 300 damage every time, and at level 10 I don't believe your character's HP are sufficiently high enough to take on even one Takeover.

Ignore Khint, and go straight for Profiteur, as Khint will leave when Profiteur's HP is at 50%. Also, take note that when Profiteur Defaults, most of the time he will going for a Takeover the next turn. Since, Takeover does 300 damage regardless if you're even Defaulting, I suggest that you should just not default but do damage every turn and have only your healer stock up on BP.

Crystin

Master of Swords
    Years
  • Hmm, okay. Thanks a lot! My characters are level 20 or so now, so I'll be going to challenge him shortly. ^~^

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Any advice for the Chaugmar fight would be fantastic.
    Default while Chaugmar has his shield up. The instant his shield is down he's going to be using Energy Burst the next turn, so naturally Default that. If your guys can't survive an Energy Burst even in Default, you might want to give yourself a P.Def buff to your party to increase your chances. Another method to avoid Energy Burst is using the Valkyrie's Jump & High Jump ability.

Aside from that, once you survive the first Energy Burst, just bombard Chaugmar and he should go down fairly quickly. Oh, and abuse his lightning weakness.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've been doing that, but I'll try again. I wasn't aware that attack counted as physical. I thought it was magic, lmao. That in mind, I should be able to withstand it next time I challenge him. The last time I fought him, I did pretty well...until I died, obviously.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I got a question. Ya know how there's a locked treasure chest in almost every dungeon? How do you open them?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Thanks for the advice, Verdure. Just defeated Chaugmar! :) Can't believe I didn't think to default through the energy burst. Silly me.

Reactions: Arc
    Years
  • Thanks for the advice, Verdure. Just defeated Chaugmar! :) Can't believe I didn't think to default through the energy burst. Silly me.

That battle was surprisingly easy for me probably because of the over level XD That energy burst really hurt though, but combining attacks with its weakness, I beat him within a matter of probably 20 turns? I haven't touched Bravely Default since getting to the point where I go around fighting dragons for keystones OTL I'm debating whether to go back and grind or do what I can with what I have right now...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay, I'm counting on you guys to help with with Qada now. This fight is ridiculous considering the guy can deal 9999 damage and heals himself by 900 every turn. Like...Jesus Christ.

Back