• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Braviary] vs Mandibuzz

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • This is like choosing between two of my children. But I'm going with Mandibuzz because she was my first true love of the Unovan Pokemon. Everything about her appeals to me. (These are also the starters in my game POKEMON: THE FIFTH PILLAR CHECK IT OUT. Click the image in my signature for more!)

Same here, just with Braviary instead of Mandibuzz.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • My favorite Pokemon type is the flying type, but for some reason Mandibuzz just doesn't cut it for me. It's kinda ugly...on the other hand, Braviary is on my top 10 for the coolest looking Pokemon, chicka chicka yeahhhh...

I just HATE that Braviary is part normal type though. I really hate Normal types mixed in with other Pokemon. They do absolutely nothing other than give it one more disadvantage in battle. I think Braviary should be a pure flying type, it'd gain about 10 more cool points. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2013
    Braviary. He has great look, for me one of the best flying type pokemon, also I love Eagles. Mandibuzz is just... ugly for me.

Years
  • My vote went to Mandibuzz cos I play Black and I actually have one myself.

She's actually got a good design too.

So yeah, I say Mandibuzz just because I play Black.

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I originally thought Braviary was going to be one of the huge powerhouses of the game, but I haven't seen much of him. So I'm going to have to say Mandibuzz. It is pretty good wall IMO.[/SIZE]

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I chose Braviary. Mandibuzz looks funny. ;o;

Braviary looks strong and courageous.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Mandibuzz doesn't really appeal to me, and it has pretty low offenses, despite having good defenses. I'm going with Braviary because I'm more offensively oriented. Plus, while Braviary's movepool isn't the best, it's still usable.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Braviary really. it looks so alive and very strong. I am not that fond of vultures, anyway. I find them too scary, and Mandibuzz is no exception.

Years
  • My vote to Mandibuzz because the TCG card is pretty good. A Dark pokemon with a Fighting resistance is very much welcomed in a Dark type deck.

This is my post for the 12th December, Kaori.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Braviary. I prefer Mandibuzz design wise, but that's as far as its appeal goes for me. Its stats and typing offer little to work with in battles whereas Braviary is a brute! It's incredibly capable of holding its own and is a constant pleasure to use haha.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I think they both are cool, design-wise, but Braviary takes the cake for me. Braviary is just much cooler looking, and has a lot of power to back it up. Heck, it can lift cars into the sky.

ShineyMaster

Your In The Zoro's lair Now...
    Years
  • when i first started competitive battleing in pokemon i would have said braviary period. but now that im more strategic i choose mandibuzz because it is an awesome taunt and stall pokemon. i have a shiney one myself and its one of my favorite pokes. also come on who couldnt resist its cool design? Another thing is it has two immunities because of that making a bunch of pokemon swith out giving you a free sub. Also the ability dustproof is SOOOOOOOO hard to resist for a sand team! For me its a no brainer. While braviary may have good attack but has many weaknesses and low defenses.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I love Braviary! Braviary is my favorite flying type Pokemon. I enjoy the attacks, design, and status. I don't like Mandibuzz design that much. It never appealed to me like how Braviary did.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I like Braviary's design better than Mandibuzz's. And I generally like eagles better than vultures. I wouldn't really use either competitively. I have used both for my Hall of Fame Challenge. And I generally preferred Braviary.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I LOVE BOTH. Mandibuzz has a good typing, stats, ability, and movepool to make it useful and doesn't look too bad. Braviary is one of my favorite Pokemon design wise, but I haven't found much use for it in battle. ;---;

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2011
    braviary. incredible stats, sheer force as a power booster for non stab moves, and it looks great.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2011
    i like braviary also bc it looks awsome and it has sheer force

dose any1 wanna add my friend code 1936 4271 7557 private message me with yours

Back