• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    One quote-heavy post coming up!

Spoiler:

Welcome to the club, Zal! We've all been new to IV/nature/HA breeding and all that, and that first amazing Pokemon you get that comes out exactly the way you've planned it is, well, amazing, hehe. Congrats on your awesome Heracross! And I totally get that, that was exactly the same way I reacted when I somehow bred a 6IV Lotad with the right nature and ability. He's now the star of my rain doubles team ♥

Spoiler:

Bunnelby (and rabits) are super cute, hehe. So welcome, Rabbit, to the club and the community, hope you enjoy it here! I recently got a HA female Chimchar from WT, and that gave me the idea of breeding all HA starters, but I don't know when I'll be able to do that. I'd love to breed a bunch of Iron Fist Chimchar for now; would you like one?

Spoiler:

Good luck with your breeding projects! What are you breeding for now?

Haha, I think I have a 5IV Magikarp from WT somewhere in my Bank. Gave me a laugh when I checked it.

Haha, I think I have some IV bred Magikarp from WT, one is call Poseiden -- yeah, spelled like that. High IVs Gyarados does sound nice though, doesn't it?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Haha, I think I have some IV bred Magikarp from WT, one is call Poseiden -- yeah, spelled like that. High IVs Gyarados does sound nice though, doesn't it?
    It's a pushover anyway. LOL I always try to have an Electric user with me during a journey (parties vary in the post-game) just in case I run into something wet. Grass does the job often too, but there are cases with both weaknesses where a sub-type or an ability (see Wooper) gives an exception.

Zal

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    Welcome to the club, Zal! We've all been new to IV/nature/HA breeding and all that, and that first amazing Pokemon you get that comes out exactly the way you've planned it is, well, amazing, hehe. Congrats on your awesome Heracross! And I totally get that, that was exactly the same way I reacted when I somehow bred a 6IV Lotad with the right nature and ability. He's now the star of my rain doubles team ♥
    Thank you for the wonderful welcome. n.n I and yes ot was truly an excitement to be succesful so early on. Im hoping to push my luck and keep trying the Masuda Method for a shiny. :o but who knows if that will happen. :3 Oh but heres a picture of that beauty I promised!
    View attachment 72771
    Sadly I didn't realize this one wasnt born with Moxie. I only found out as I went to take the pic. ):

Edit: Typo. Aslo idk why the picture came out sideways. ;-;

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Regarding sideways, were you using a cell phone? If you hold the phone in its "talking" position, the image will in fact not save that way; all pictures save with the long end being the top. You have to take pictures 90º clockwise, or remember to use Paint to rotate an image meant to be taken vertically.

Zal

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    Ah. I was. Maybe I was just tilting the phone to far down and it rotated. I actually not only snapped it with my phone but used my phone to post it as well. Takes less time I suppose but I guess its not without a side effect.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    Bunnelby (and rabits) are super cute, hehe. So welcome, Rabbit, to the club and the community, hope you enjoy it here! I recently got a HA female Chimchar from WT, and that gave me the idea of breeding all HA starters, but I don't know when I'll be able to do that. I'd love to breed a bunch of Iron Fist Chimchar for now; would you like one?
    I would love a Chimchar! That would help me with my project tremendously. c: You are welcome to message me to exchange friend codes any time. :D

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I would love a Chimchar! That would help me with my project tremendously. c: You are welcome to message me to exchange friend codes any time. :D

I started breeding the HA female Chimchar today. Nature is Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), and I'm doing four egg moves: Quick Guard, Fake Out, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch. IVs are random. So far I have a full box, but sadly it's only males. At least the ability ratio looks solid, with half Blaze, half Iron Fist. After I get a HA female, I'll start breeding for IVs.

So if it's okay with you, I can trade you a male with Iron Fist, Jolly, with the EMs above. And well, the offer is available for everybody here. My FC is in the postbit, so just let me know when you add me :)

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    I started breeding the HA female Chimchar today. Nature is Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), and I'm doing four egg moves: Quick Guard, Fake Out, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch. IVs are random. So far I have a full box, but sadly it's only males. At least the ability ratio looks solid, with half Blaze, half Iron Fist. After I get a HA female, I'll start breeding for IVs.

So if it's okay with you, I can trade you a male with Iron Fist, Jolly, with the EMs above. And well, the offer is available for everybody here. My FC is in the postbit, so just let me know when you add me :)

That works perfectly! I can always use a Ditto to help get a female and work from there in the egg group. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My latest project completed: a 6IV Heracross in a Level Ball. Knows four Egg Moves including Focus Punch.

Someone wanted a Love Ball Sneasel with Avalanche, so I went back and cheated since I can't access Mt. Silver yet (never bothered to do Kanto in SS). Thanks to that step, I can now Fly to the Mt. Silver area from Johto; I just can't head down Route 28 from Kanto because some guard still thinks I'm not ready for the strong Pokémon there (hey dummy, I have a Lv.55 Pinsir and two Sneasel it helped me capture there).

Currently breeding little projects to fill some Dex entries. Don't want to use stones unless the subjects are high-IV. Though someone actually WTed a Raichu to me, I still have a 6IV Pichu to clone and evolve to that one day.

Reactions: Tek

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    My latest project completed: a 6IV Heracross in a Level Ball. Knows four Egg Moves including Focus Punch.

Someone wanted a Love Ball Sneasel with Avalanche, so I went back and cheated since I can't access Mt. Silver yet (never bothered to do Kanto in SS). Thanks to that step, I can now Fly to the Mt. Silver area from Johto; I just can't head down Route 28 from Kanto because some guard still thinks I'm not ready for the strong Pokémon there (hey dummy, I have a Lv.55 Pinsir and two Sneasel it helped me capture there).

Currently breeding little projects to fill some Dex entries. Don't want to use stones unless the subjects are high-IV. Though someone actually WTed a Raichu to me, I still have a 6IV Pichu to clone and evolve to that one day.

Nice job on heracross :D hope it does well

Tek

Years
    Hey Breeders! I thought I should let everyone know that our management team has made some changes involving the group project and such. You can see it in the club's first post.

Other than that, I'm liking all the sweet breeds around here. Keep up the good work, ya'll!

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    Hey Breeders! I thought I should let everyone know that our management team has made some changes involving the group project and such. You can see it in the club's first post.

Other than that, I'm liking all the sweet breeds around here. Keep up the good work, ya'll!

wish i can post them but my luck is horrible had exams then i lost my charger i will b postin soon when i find it again im sorry :(

Tek

Years
    Summer Project Submission:

It's a summery Yanma that a Bug Catcher would love!

"Yarbles" the Level Ball Yanma
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Nature: Hasty (-DEF, +SPE)
    1V: SPE
    Hypnosis - Bug Buzz - Air Slash - Foresight

I taught both parents Dream Eater via TM, but it didn't get passed down for some reason. I keep having this problem.

Feel free to add my FC, everyone. I keep the parents of all my breeds, hit me up for an eggschange! My little Yanma here is also available in a Level Ball and a Friend Ball, btw :]

wish i can post them but my luck is horrible had exams then i lost my charger i will b postin soon when i find it again im sorry :(

No probs. That's just a 1 million dollar fine.

Have I overused that reference yet? Lol

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

I taught both parents Dream Eater via TM, but it didn't get passed down for some reason. I keep having this problem.
    Yanma are so cute, good job with yours! Thing is, TM moves don't get passed down anymore, only moves that the baby is able to learn via level up. So you won't be able to do Dream Eater as an egg move, even though it would've been nice having that with Hypnosis.

Update to my Chimchar project: I finally got an Iron Fist female, so I'll start breeding for IVs soon. The gender ratio will definitely make things harder, so wish me luck :)

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years

Feel free to add my FC, everyone. I keep the parents of all my breeds, hit me up for an eggschange! My little Yanma here is also available in a Level Ball and a Friend Ball, btw :]

No probs. That's just a 1 million dollar fine.

Have I overused that reference yet? Lol
    no but u did overuse ya reference now did i over do it xD
    nice job on yahbles i would challenge a one on one but charger is missin still Dx

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Finaly got a male 6iv Hasty squirtle with Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Aqua Jet. Need to evolve it to warturtle and teach it Hydro Pump. I keept checking to make sure I wasn't miss counting. Its my first six iv pokemon! Should I ev train it as a squirtle or Warturtle?

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    Finaly got a male 6iv Hasty squirtle with Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Aqua Jet. Need to evolve it to warturtle and teach it Hydro Pump. I keept checking to make sure I wasn't miss counting. Its my first six iv pokemon! Should I ev train it as a squirtle or Warturtle?
    Wow dat was da same pokemon I got my 1st 6iv pokemon lol. I makin a hoenn pokemon team by breeding them to perfection for omega ruby and alpha sapphire I was wonderin if any one can clone some pokemon 4 me I would highly appreciate it. Also ill b postin them here when I learn how to post pictures here

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So I chose my type for the league thing we're doing here. I'm now trying to breed the perfect Absol for battle.

This is a new thing for me. I usually breed for fun. Now I'm going to be sending these babies out against someone who will be challenging me for a badge. But at least I can use my breeding as a storyline-type thing, if we get into that.

The one thing I will reveal here for now is that Sucker Punch will be used. Though I have a moveset planned (with a TM to add), I won't disclose further details at this time other than that a Psychic type move will be there for the Fighting type, which it's weak against. It's in a Moon Ball (to match its scythe) and I already have a 5IV female; the downside is that Attack is 0. 5IV is a good start for a 6IV, however, so I'll work with it!

EDIT: 6IV female on the second Egg. I think the horseshoe is back up my butt.

EDIT: 6IV Protean Froakie on the first Egg. I knew that thing was still up there...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Done with the ev training for Wartortle. It is now a lv 81 6iv Hasty nature with Torrent and 252 in Speed and Sp.Atk with 4 in Hp. His moves are Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Aqua Jet. Planning on increasing the PP of each. I used marillands stats calculator to help me while hord training since this is my first time ev training a Pokemon.
    I used the super training chart to keep track and fill in the last few remaining points. Here are his stats :

Hp 212/Attack 132/Defense 143/Sp.Atk 186/Sp.Def 159/Speed 192

Can I now evolve him to a Blastoise?

Edit: Can I still do the Bug Catcher, shade from the sun, Sunny Day ability and in a band breads or are they ending soon?

Last edited:
    Back