• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Most likely mega

I love the Mega's versatility but always seem to get caught out staying in prankster too long and get status'ed. Magic bounce is a lovely ability but you do miss your prankster speed and leftovers restore then, works well with trick room though.

What moveset are you going for? For my mega version I go with Snarl, calm mind, recover and willo-wisp as I find calm mind is better for building up his attack power for after hes gone mega. Non mega version I have taunt instead.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    So where's everyone at at the moment? Still in between game limbo?

Finally finished yellow, currently vaguely collecting pokemon on Go, doing battle maison on OR and waiting impatiently for november and sun/moon.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So breeding.... With the new Alola forms, how do you guys (and gals) think breeding would work between 2 different forms? For example, a normal Ninetales and an Alolan Ninetales?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • So breeding.... With the new Alola forms, how do you guys (and gals) think breeding would work between 2 different forms? For example, a normal Ninetales and an Alolan Ninetales?

Huh, haven't thought about this! I think it's gonna go with the female we breed. Example: breed an alola form (female) and the egg is gonna be an alola form too.

I haven't breed much lately, it's been so long! I'll probably start again with sun and moon.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Hmm yeah would make sense for it to be a female driven thing. Unless they are secretly hiding hybrid Alolan forms e.g. a Fire/Ice dual type Ninetales!

Years
  • Fuck yeah good to be back. I haven't done the most breeding as of yet, just getting the bare minimum I need in order to breed with natures. I'm working on getting the items I need, such as the power items, which were hugely buffed, and the Destiny Knot. Once I get all those I'll get a bit more serious and start getting more Natires of Ditto and SOSing some good IV ones. And once that is all said and done I can figure out about breeding the alolan forms is Pokémon. Which I believe is as simple as, have the non alolan forme of a Pokémon and breed it and you will have a chance at getting either forme. I know there is some sign somewhere that says something about breeding and alolan forme's. It's either on the road to the battle tree or on a little island off the coast of... somewhere. I know it's something you can only access with Sharpedo. Melemele Sea that's it!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I haven't breed for a long time and I am still on the first island on Sun (1. time and 2. I like to play slowly and explore each regions)

I plan to breed in the post-game tho! and I want to complete my pokedex :3

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Now that I've completed the game I'm planning on filling my dex (with at least new Pokémon) so I should be able to breed all the new mons. Both for competitive use and normal gameplay, but mainly for shiny competitive Pokémon.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Hey guys, just finished Ghost trial and plodding through sun, also bought moon this time around so will play that after and aim to fill up my living dex again once pokebank is out in Jan.

Whats everyones favourite new pokemon so far? I think mine is mimikyou, just fought/caught her and shes great! cant wait to bred a proper one later.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Whats everyones favourite new pokemon so far? I think mine is mimikyou, just fought/caught her and shes great! cant wait to bred a proper one later.

I play slowly, and sadly the one I think I'lll like I haven't found them yet :(
    But cutiefly is a cute surprise!!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Have you found an HA Lurantis then? Sounds a nice pokemon and does look good.

Years
  • Have you found an HA Lurantis then? Sounds a nice pokemon and does look good.

I have found one. I am in the process of breeding it. Though I messed up and forgot that it gets leaf storm as an egg move so I kind of had to start over to do that. Also there is thhe part about how lurantis obly evolves during that day

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I have found one. I am in the process of breeding it. Though I messed up and forgot that it gets leaf storm as an egg move so I kind of had to start over to do that. Also there is thhe part about how lurantis obly evolves during that day

Wouldnt mind a HA leaf storm one if you have a breedject to trade?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Finished Sun got Magearna and now and doing post game content and collecting missing TM's/Z crystals/Oval charm etc in prep for pokebank and breeding come January. Probably will try and complete my dex first before breeding seriously.

Then its on to Pokemon moon for total living dex completion (again). I might transfer my Popplio to bank then restart Moon as a female character to see if the clothing is any better!

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • Just came to gloat a little. Bred my second shiny Alolan Vulpix. Was shooting for a 5 IV, focusing mainly on Spd and SpA, with Snow Warning HA, in a love ball. Ended up with a female, love ball 6 IV shiny! only problem is no Snow Warning =( I didnt even want it to be shiny, but i REALLY cant complain about a 6 IV shiny. I was [-] <---- this close to having the PERFECT Alolan Vulpix. Shes still gonna be one for the trophy case though! One of the best pokemon I've ever bred. Cheers everyone! Good Luck!

Back