• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Breeding and Hidden Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • How do you unlock Hidden Abilities on Pokémon that you can't catch in hordes or in the Friend Safari?

Specifically, I'm trying to get Speed Boost on Carvanha, but I have no idea how to get the ball rolling on this. As far as I know, you can't catch them in hordes, they don't appear in Friend Safaris, and with the rules of breeding as I understand them, I need either a male or a female with the Hidden Ability already unlocked to breed it since this is the one area Ditto can't act as the female.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm afraid that horde battles and the Friend Safari is the only way to get Pokemon with their DW/Hidden abilities. Not even the Ability Capsule can make a Pokemon have that kind of ability.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • wait.... assuming in Gen VI also MALES can pass down hidden abilities, you can get a hidden ability male Gyarados from friend safari and mate him with a regular female carvanha. The offspring will be a carvanha and will have a 20% chanche of carrying over Speed Boost. Let me know if it worked for you

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    No the hidden ability has to be for the same species from what I remember, that was why only the mother could do it before. Ditto Breeding will not work either as no Genderless Pokemon can pass down hidden abilities.

As of yet, if it does not appear as a Horde or in the friend safari there is no way to get the Pokemon with its hidden ability.

Years
  • No the hidden ability has to be for the same species from what I remember, that was why only the mother could do it before. Ditto Breeding will not work either as no Genderless Pokemon can pass down hidden abilities.

As of yet, if it does not appear as a Horde or in the friend safari there is no way to get the Pokemon with its hidden ability.

As far as I know, this is correct. And the root of my problem.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A friend of mine actually found out that you CAN breed Genderless Pokemon with Ditto to pass down Hidden Abilities.

He caught a Clear body Klang and bred it with Ditto. A baby resulted in a Clear Body Klink. So like with Males, if a Genderless Pokemon is bred with Ditto (Ditto Only as the baby has to result in the same species apparently) then they can pass down the Hidden Ability.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    try this (this is my method) take a pokemon with the trace ability, put it in your first place ( example: porygan can have trace) then fish for carvanhas and keep checking until speed boost shows up, this method gave me like 10 pokes with he's hidden abilitie in less than 30 minutes

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We can't be reviving dead threads, guys; sorry. :( You're always free to re-create them, though, so please go ahead.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back