• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Breeding for a shiny starter

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    So is anyone else breeding for a shiny Torchic/Treecko/Mudkip to bring into their OR/AS games at launch?

I think I'm going to start breeding for a shiny Treecko with perfect IVs and the ability Unburden.

Years
  • I'm not one who tries to breed shinies, especially given how much effort has to go into it. Even moreso when one wants perfect IVs and hidden abilities. Also, as I only have one 3DS I cannot trade in 6th Gen right now.

Lauren92

#pokemonforlife
    Years
  • I wonder if they'll limit when we're able to trade or access the bank somehow, like they have in previous games.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I never breed for shiny Pokémon. I'm way too lazy for that.
    For me breeding perfect IVs is a pain, and something that takes a lot of patience.

I'm not intending to breed anything for ORAS either. I just want to play a good old Nuzlocke Challenge.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I'm actually breeding for a shiny Mudkip for a while now, and I already got a shiny Torchic..
    but I will still use the original starter I'll pick in Alpha Sapphire anyway ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    I have a pc box full of level 1 shiny pokemon I was planning on building up for competitive play but was too lazy to so I guess I will transfer one or 2 of them over.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I wasn't planning on breeding starters, but I recieved a shiny Mudkip through Wondertrade. I might use it as a starter since I already have it, especially since it has a nickname that fits my usual naming pattern.

Years
  • I have a pc box full of level 1 shiny pokemon I was planning on building up for competitive play but was too lazy to so I guess I will transfer one or 2 of them over.

Lol, i've got 12 boxes full of flawless level 1 shiny pokemon i was planning to use competitively too...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not much interested in shiny starters, I'm actually shiny breeding for other team members - have my shiny Zangoose, next up I'm going for a shiny Poochyena. Those are the shinies I want the most for my first team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm pretty sure I already have a shiny Mudkip in my X. I've never started with a water type so this might be a good time to try it. As for stats I never really got into that so I doubt I'll do it this time.

Years
  • Yeah I already have a shiny Treecko in my Pokemon Y game so I am considering sending that over. I doubt i will play through the story with it though, I prefer to use the starter i get and then i will use my flawless ones for competitive battles later on, I think.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I want to use the in-game starter, but I'm fine with transferring in my shinies that I've never used. I have a shiny Poochyena and a Pidgey I've caught in 3rd gen post-game that never saw the light of day... It only took 10 years to use them.

I'm stoked to transfer the shiny Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza that I got myself.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I am breeding for a shiny treecko with no luck yet. Hope to have it today as i plan on getting the remakes at midnight release.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    The task of breeding a shiny at the start of a game seems unnecessarily complex for me. So, instead I will keep my initial starter as is and worry about such things after I have completed the game.

Back