• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding foreign Pokes for Shinies.

#1-Trainer

Poke' Master.
Years
  • So I know that breeding a poke with a different language name increases th chances of the pokemon being shiny, however I am still unable to hatch one. So does anybody know if breeding a legit shiny with it's foreign counterpart further increses the chances? Because I have a shiny Squirtle which I planned on evolving it but some A-hole nicknamed it squirtle so it will forever be named squirtle.

Can anyone shed some light on this method?

Years
  • Putting a shiny in the Day Care center does not increase the chances at all. Keep in mind that even with that foreign Pokemon in there, it will still be about a 1/2000 chance.

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
  • Yeah, The shiny won't do anything. And what type of person would do that? They just did it to tick you off. :t109:

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Well there isnt anything wrong with having a blastoise named squirtle i guess. :p

but to be more precise than the previous answers,
    you cannot further increase the chances of hatching a shiny by putting a shiny pokemon in the daycare. The best you can do for pokemon you cant chain is what you are already doing, breeding with a foreign pokemon.
    It actually increases the chances to 1 in 2048 (.00048828125%).
    So, as you can see, its still not very good odds.

The only other thing i can suggest for getting a shiny pokemon that you cant chain would be using the RNG method.

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • Getting shinies is an art, whether the art of patience (masuda) or skill (rng) it takes time and effort.

With the masuda method, the one you are employing here, you need to be prepared to hatch hundreds of eggs. I suggest catching a magcargo at stark, because placing him at the head of your party will make eggs ahtch twice as fast.

#1-Trainer

Poke' Master.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind using the broken RNG except it requires the SID which I don't have. I went through the entire process of duducing the ID except I don't think it worked so I gave up on it.

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Well you can always try to find someone who can take any one of your pokemon, and load the data into pokesav and give you your SID.
    I think that works.
    I'm not 100%.
    I don't have any knowledge really of pokesav.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • That'd be great if anyone would be interested in helping me out. Any offers? didn't think so.

I have access to pokesav and i have a basic understanding on how to use it but i dont have WiFi, sorry, there is another way to get your secret id, its got something to do with having a shiny non poke radar random encounter Pokemon...

search it on youtube?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I just hatched a shiny Heracross, and it's parent wasn't foreign, I couldn't believe my luck.

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • I prefer my pokes in english and + i thought it dosen't change a thing?
    Most things that occur depend on your trainer code etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    Nah, there's 4x greater chance of hatching a shiny if it's bred from Pokemon from two different countries. It's still extremely unlikely.

My Heracross was by pure chance, but it had a gentle nature :(

stavross

I WANNA RAPE YOU WITH MY STICK
    Years
  • actually breeding with shinies dont increase the chance. breeding with foreign pokemon increases the chance insetead

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • Chaining on the pokeradar is essentially the same as RNG. Every chain link increases your chances of a a shiny by a certain degree. AT a chain around 40 you are near guaranteed a shiny, but chaining take practice.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    Getting shinies is an art, whether the art of patience (masuda) or skill (rng) it takes time and effort.

If by skill you mean, being able to count to the right number of coin flips and happiness double taps, then yes. Getting shinies is certainly not an art.

Chaining on the pokeradar is essentially the same as RNG. Every chain link increases your chances of a a shiny by a certain degree. AT a chain around 40 you are near guaranteed a shiny, but chaining take practice.

Nononononononono. How is making a shiny with the nature, ability, gender, egg moves, and IVs (if you reset/RNG for them) of your choice the same as catching a shiny that has no egg moves, random IVs, random ability and gender, and at best a 50% chance of the right nature (if you are using a synchronizer)? There is a reason that chaining for shinies is something that doesn't take math and external programs to do, the shinies you get from it are almost always crap (as the game intended). Not to mention you can only chain certain Pokemon, and some with low appearance rates are very difficult. RNG can make a shiny out of any breedable and none are harder than any others.

Back