• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeding in Sun & Moon

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Wanted to talk a bit about breeding in Gen VII. How do you all do it? I got so used to the really nice loop in the Battle Resort in ORAS that idk what to do in Sun/Moon. The Paniola Nursery area feels so constrained, and there's no O-Powers.

Have there been an changes to breeding mechanics discovered in this game, or is it the same as last gen?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • It's pretty much the same. I don't like the route, either, but at least in this gen you don't have to breed until you get a perfect IV egg. You can just use Bottle Caps. And if you don't need egg moves, you can just catch an S.O.S. chained Pokemon and use Bottle Caps.

I breed by running in a circle next to the NPC on Tauros. I don't even go into that fenced in area because dismounting/mounting takes time that I don't need to waste.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I haven't even finished the story, so I have had no chance to delve into breeding. :(

Will update when I do!

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah I use the little fenced alcove while charging on Tauros. I miss my Pokémon Y breeding route lol.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    The fenced in area on Paniola Ranch where you just spin in a complete circle has grown on me, if only because I can see immediately when I have a new egg ready, and I like to multitask when I breed so being contained in a fence helps prevent me from running into grass or one of the adjacent routes lol...

I also SOS chain for parents and Dittos, and that's basically it. I do miss O-Powers, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    Does anyone of you have an extra Pokemon with Pokerus? Can you trade with me? PM if you'd be so kind. Pretty please?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh, this little alcove isn't bad at all

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I don't enjoy hatching eggs with no O-Powers and I prefer hatching eggs with bikes...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I soooooo miss the Battle Resort. I hate not having anywhere to just run for a bit without really going into circles.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I didn't beat the game yet so I am not breeding.... yet. I didn't used the O-Power before so I don't really mind, but I wonder if the Poke Rides counts the step the same way than the bike did?

I'll miss the perfect circle and the super training... I was tpaping my screen at the same time as I was hatching some eggs so I EV trianed and bred in the same time. I'm gonna miss this.

JesuDesu22

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I didn't breed a ton in previous gens so I dunno, but I kind of like the Tauros. The only problem I have with it is that you have to use both hands, as Tauros is pointless without holding B. :c

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    People say they prefer bottle caps rather than breeding for perfect IVs... Don't you have to get your Pokemon to level 100 before you can do that? What are your strategies for doing that quickly?

My main concern with bottle caps stat adjustment is that, the fixed IV might not carry on to the future games. So for the time being I'm sticking in with the good ol' IV breeding.

Back