• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen breeding phenomena or what?

Years
    ok i was breeding my togekiss with a ditto and evry time i got an egg, it was already at the second stage of development. like it skips the "it''l take a while to hatch" part and is already on the "moves every so often stage" whenever i get an egg from the old man. it can't be because i leave the eggs with their parents too long because i tested this already, only taking 100 steps after it appeared and it was still on second stage, i was really just wondering if anyone else had had this occur in their games

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't think this is a glitch at all. You may have had a Pokemon with Magma Armor/Flame Body in your party. These abilities halve the amount of steps you take to hatch an egg; however it doesn't stack (having 2 Pokemon with these abilities in your party won't quarter the required amount of steps).

Years
    hmm

i do have a magcargo in my party but it doesn't do it for any other pokemon eggs, i'm breeding 6 different pokemon and the only eggs that do it are the ones that come from my togekiss.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    porygon, whismur, miltank, lickitung and buneary

Porygon, Whismur, Miltank, Lickitung, and Buneary all have base egg steps of: 5,120

Togepi has: 2,560

This means the Togepi egg is literally halfway closer to hatching than your other eggs.

Years
    Porygon, Whismur, Miltank, Lickitung, and Buneary all have base egg steps of: 5,120

Togepi has: 2,560

This means the Togepi egg is literally halfway closer to hatching than your other eggs.

hmm, but wouldn't every egg still have the three stages that change depending on the amount of steps taken out of the overall steps needed, plus the magma armour doesn't automatically half the steps needed, it gives the impression of taking 2 steps to every 1 truly taken. damn i think 2 much

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    hmm, but wouldn't every egg still have the three stages that change depending on the amount of steps taken out of the overall steps needed, plus the magma armour doesn't automatically half the steps needed, it gives the impression of taking 2 steps to every 1 truly taken. damn i think 2 much

The stages should be based on the amount of steps left until the egg hatches, in which case, no, not every egg will go through all the same stages.

And no, Magma Armor doesn't automatically cut the number of steps required by half, it just makes it so half the amount of steps are required.

Back