• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Arceus

The First
    Years
    I was positive that some site once told me that if the female (?) was holding an Everstone that the offspring would have a 50% chance of inheriting the mother's nature.. To be sure I didn't screw it up I made sure both parents had the same nature and were both holding an Everstone..

Now I've hatched about 9 eggs and not a single one has the same nature as its parents (I've pretty much got everything but the nature I want).. am I doing something wrong or was the Everstone tip untrue?

Last edited:

Yoko Rains

Yoko Rains
    Years
    I was positive that some site once told me that if the female (?) was holding an Everstone that the offspring would have a 50% chance of inheriting the mother's nature.. To be sure I didn't screw it up I made sure both parents had the same nature and were both holding an Everstone..

Now I've hatched about 9 eggs and not a single one has the same nature as its parents (I've pretty much got everything but the nature I want).. am I doing something wrong or was the Everstone tip untrue?

Yes, its a 50% chance. This happened to me too when I started breeding. Just stay patient. And make sure that the Everstone is on the female parent.

Also, theres a 50% chance of getting 3 IV's passed down if thats any interest to you.

Golden Arceus

The First
    Years
    IVs arnt really important to me but its good to know.. I'm breeding 5 Adamant Dragon Dance Rushing Bagon to give away (see below if interested).. both the male Bagon that knows the egg moves and the female are both Adamant natured and holding an everstone.. and still haven't got one.. will try a few more tonight..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back