• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Should I use this for a Porygon2? I'm leaning highly towards using it:
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Modest
    IVs: 30/15/31/23/31/13
    SA could be a bit better, but it's not meant to be a sweeper.

Last edited:

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Should I use this for a Porygon2? I'm leaning highly towards using it:
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Modest
    IVs: 30/15/31/23/31/13
    SA could be a bit better, but it's not meant to be a sweeper.

Actually, if you are going to use the Charge Beam set it is meant to be a sweeper therefore it will need Sp.A to get the highest SpA possible since its stat will not be maxed.

With the Trick Room set you can use that Porygon since you will be using Choice Specs which will increase the SpA by a lot, but its rather better if you have higher SpA.

Not a bad Porygon, if I may say so myself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Have most chain breeds been discovered or is it possible that pokemon can learn moves that people don't know they can learn through long chain breeds?

Years
    Heatran, naive

10/30/28-29/26/24-25/28 speed last

should I keep this or continue resetting? :s

/edit: thank you, I've kept it.

Last edited:
    Years
    Heatran, naive

10/30/28-29/26/24-25/28 speed last

should I keep this or continue resetting? :s
    Hey, it looks pretty good, but keep in mind you won't be outspeeding flawless Speed ScarfTrans, aside from that, you don't have much to worry about. It depends on the aforementioned and whether or not you're prepared to keep going. I'd take those IVs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    what weird matches of pokemon can you breed on diamond and pearl??

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Hey you guys, are there ivs good for my naive natured Azelf which i SR for recently

IVs: 5/25/11/31/29/31

Years
    Hey you guys, are there ivs good for my naive natured Azelf which i SR for recently

IVs: 5/25/11/31/29/31

nearly perfect IV's, keep it

what weird matches of pokemon can you breed on diamond and pearl??

define "weird" lol, just saying weird matches doesnt really lead to anything specific

I've been IV breeding for a DD Kingdra for a few days, and I might have a good one. Should I use it?
    Nature: Adamant
    IVs: 25/31/4/23/11/31

to my knowledge, this isnt PERFECT IV's but its still not lacking in anyway, if i were you i'd just keep it

Last edited:

nofudgeplz

Teh Lolcat Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    hey can sum1 plz help =(

when i breed a sczizor (shiny) with an adament ditto (also shiny) and i use the everstone when i breed them i dont get any adament scythers. ive been breeding for a while now and so far no adament scythers. can sum1 tell me what wrong?

Years
    Your ditto should be holding the everstone. That allows it to have a 50% chance of passing down its nature.
    Also, don't expect any shiny eggs. Breeding shinies together doesn't increase the odds of that happening.

nofudgeplz

Teh Lolcat Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Your ditto should be holding the everstone. That allows it to have a 50% chance of passing down its nature.
    Also, don't expect any shiny eggs. Breeding shinies together doesn't increase the odds of that happening.

no i know it doesnt incrase the chance of a shiny im just saying. and my ditto is holding the everstone and its not working =(

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    no i know it doesnt incrase the chance of a shiny im just saying. and my ditto is holding the everstone and its not working =(

It must be the Scizor, sometimes the nature doesn't pass because one of the parents is affecting it not to. In this case its your Scizor.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It must be the Scizor, sometimes the nature doesn't pass because one of the parents is affecting it not to. In this case its your Scizor.
    Actually, the Ditto or the female of the breeding pair must hold the everstone, in order of the 50% chance of passing down the nature is going to work. If you want an Adamant Scyther baby, your Scizor must be Female with Adamant nature, or your Ditto must have adamant nature. This doesnt mean that you will get Adamant Scyther, just a good chance.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Actually, the Ditto or the female of the breeding pair must hold the everstone, in order of the 50% chance of passing down the nature is going to work. If you want an Adamant Scyther baby, your Scizor must be Female with Adamant nature, or your Ditto must have adamant nature. This doesnt mean that you will get Adamant Scyther, just a good chance.

He stated that his adamant Ditto was holding the everstone and its not working.
    how does that work?

fillerfiller

With certain pokemon the nature will keep on being random. I know this because it has happened to me a lot. When I try using my Milotic with Azumarill holding an everstone, it will not pass its nature.

If you still need an adamant Scyther I will give you one, just PM me.

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Okay, I have an MALE Ivysaur [that knows Double Edge] and a MALE and FEMALE Slowpoke [that know Curse].
    Is there any way to get a Slowpoke that knows both Double Edge and Curse? I need to get one so I can then breed it with a Snorlax so the Snorlax can have both of them as egg moves.
    Sorry if the answer is obvious, I've looked into this a bit but it's still kind of confusing. I'm still kind of new to this... please reply if you know! ;x;

EDIT; Okay. Looks like Slowpoke isn't able to learn Double Edge. So how about this. How do I get Ivysaur's egg [Bulbasaur] to learn Curse? 0:

EDITEDIT; Nevermind, I figured it out! Well, at least I think I did... if not, I'll be coming back here for help. XD

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    hey guys i'm pretty new to this whole breeding thing any tips would be help ful?

Here's a few tips and things to remember about breeding. Other people may expand on this if they wish.

~ You can breed male and female pokemon to get an offspring of the female pokemon, at level 1.
    ~ In addition, you can use ditto to replace any of the pokemon above, but you will just get an offspring of the pokemon that isn't ditto.
    ~ Only male pokemon may pass down egg moves, TMs, HMs etc, but only as long as the female of the pokemon can learn the move itself.
    ~ Only females and Ditto have a 50% chance of passing down the nature, as long as the pokemon with the nature trying to be passed down is holding an everstone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back