• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Hey guys. I am currently breeding for a larvitar that is good competitively. I am looking forward for an attacked-inclined one since it would best fit a tyranitar. Do you guys think I should keep this or just breed for another? and BTW, i lvled it up to a tyranitar to get pupitar on the pokedex since i got it from a trade.

Tyranitar
    IV (regular format) 22/31/31/31/5/26

thanks!

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Hmm... I, myself, would probably keep breeding a bit more; only because that one's Sp. Defense is looking a bit skimpy, and that would probably end up bothering me in the long run. Though, if it does not work out after you bred some more and this one is still your best, I would go ahead and stick with it (and you say that the Attack stat is what mattered to you, and this one is a perfect 31). All in all, it's not the worst one around~ It's a personal choice if you want to keep breeding or if you think this one is good enough. I've already stated what I would do, if it were me in your position.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Leitz1
    It depends on the nature of the Tyranitar. If it's bad, rebreed. In my case, for something like Tyranitar, I personally would be looking for attack and reasonable defenses. Its special defense is a bit iffy but I'd keep it because of its defense and reasonable HP.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Leitz1
    It depends on the nature of the Tyranitar. If it's bad, rebreed. In my case, for something like Tyranitar, I personally would be looking for attack and reasonable defenses. Its special defense is a bit iffy but I'd keep it because of its defense and reasonable HP.

well, its adamant coz i used everstone, so i guess ill keep it just in case.. ill just rebreed.. thnx 4 da help..

Years
    Hey.....I've just started becoming a serious battler, so I want to know everything, important or not, about breeding. I know about natures, and I want to know about mainly breeding. Thanks.

pokedict

i spy a big pie
    Years
    well, do you know about IV's, if you do, do you know about IV breeding.
    lemme know if you don't and i'll expain, dont wanna explain just to find out you already knew :P

Years
    Hey.....I've just started becoming a serious battler, so I want to know everything, important or not, about breeding. I know about natures, and I want to know about mainly breeding. Thanks.

A good place to start your info is with SMEARGLE & VERSUS SEEKER interactions and operation.

In Double Battle VERSUS SEEKER matches...
    (example: TWINS just south of FLOWER TOWN never level their two QUICK ATTACK Pachirisu)
    ...SMEARGLE targeting it's partner with SKETCH is capable of learning the move used. If you lack a certain move, one could ask for a SMEARGLE with such a move. Or try for METRONOME patience.

Some moves have strategy requirements.

~SUBSTITUTE requires the Substitute user to have red health before Substitute usage enables Sketch to succeed.
    ~Timing and turn limitations of Sketch factor in. Examples include using Sketch after a multi-turn move has been chosen (DOOM DESIRE, FLY, FOCUS PUNCH examples)
    ~Speed priority can factor in (COUNTER for example).

Smeargle offers quite the Egg move variety to those that use one in pairings. Hippopotas, Spinda, and Farfetch'd are useful when paired with a Smeargle.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i have bred a Charmander with stats of 12/ 6/ 6 / 6 / 6 / 6
    looking at some IV calculator and i got :
    So if i am right i have a possible of getting : 21 /31/ 30/ 30/ 31/ 30

is this good?
    how would i be able to breed one with better HP possibilities
    and how do i maximize the possibilities?

Years
    That is extremely imprecise. The IV calculator almost doesn't work at all for Pokemon lv. 1. It's best to calculate your IVs at a higher level like 100 so that there is less room for error or imprecision. The IV battle thread in the Battle Stadium is made just for that purpose.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
    (I wasn't sure if this should go in the shiny thread or breeding thread)

Does the Masuda Method still work with Manaphy? Just had the idea of using my Japanese Manaphy to get a shiny phione. I'm guessing it does but wanted to make sure.

Years
    Well, I'm not a Breeder, but you breed a perfect natured Pokemon to fulfill your needs. For example, If you want a Beldum with an Adamant Nature that is Highly Curious, then you breed I think a father, Metagross in this case, to hopefully get that nature passed down. If not, just save the game and keep on restarting to get the nature you want. Tell me if I'm wrong or not, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    When you're breeding a Male Corsola (that has learned Curse, Mirror coat, and Recover) with a female Lileep (or Cradily) at the daycare on HG or SS, will the Lileep that has hatched from an egg learn the mirror coat, curse, and recover at the same time or is that an illegal moveset?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    no it is not, as far as i've tried. My maganium had solar beam, sunny day, and energy ball, and those 3 got passed down.

Years
    how do you breed the perfect natured pokemon?
    Easiest way is to have a Ditto with the nature you want hold an everstone and breed.
    When you're breeding a Male Corsola (that has learned Curse, Mirror coat, and Recover) with a female Lileep (or Cradily) at the daycare on HG or SS, will the Lileep that has hatched from an egg learn the mirror coat, curse, and recover at the same time or is that an illegal moveset?

HGSS is legit.

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    this might be a little off topic, but does anyone know

when breeding pokemon to get a shiny, will the pokemon be in its shiny colours when it breaks out of the egg?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back