• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding scyther iv question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2011
    ok so ive been breeding scyther for adamant nature and perfect ivs but my ivs are all 6's and 7's, did i miss something big about this because every single one that i have hatched is a 6 or 7 and i thought they went to 31
    much apreciated

liz

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They do - it is a matter of luck really. Note that offspring inherit up to 3 IVs from their parents (which can be partly controlled by giving said parents a power item e.g. Power Anklet - more in IV guides via a google search) so maybe they are getting some of those IVs from their parents?

Someone also raised the possibility that you're confusing stats with IVs - all level 1s would have stats of around 5-7 on average (dpends on the pok of course) at lvel 1 - you'd want to us an IV calculator (google for one, plenty about like psypokes, serebii's, etc) and enter the stats into it at a higher level (20-25 at least for a somwhat accurat reading or do an level-boosting battle like in wifi to get its stats at a higher level like 50/100). Having 31 IVs mans you have 31 stat points more in that stat compared to a Pokemon with 0 IVs at level 100.

If you have any other questions ask them in the HGSS help thread at the top of the section next time, please. Closed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back