• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen breeding shinies with that masuda thing method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    so i'm about to breed a male french totodile (named kaminus) with a female japanese totodile. the chance of the egg being shiny is supposed to be cut down to 3/4 chance, right?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • The Masuda Method makes it four times easier to get a shiny, from 1/8192 to 1/2048.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I've tried it, but haven't had any luck so far. I've only hatched about 100 Skarmories so far with no luck, but I do know that people have had luck with it.

LevawitzWolfcat

Leader Of The Wolfcat Clan
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Yeah, My friend was just telling me about this method yesterday... He says that all you really need is a Ditto from a different country and the Shiny egg chances are cut down 3/4ths lower. Of course, those chance are still pretty low.... XP

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yah, still a low chance but it is an improvement if you are into hatching shiny Pokemon.

Anyways, answerd so thread closed - any other questions, ask in the help thread sticky at the top of the section please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back