• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl General Discussion

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We might not get much before release day since it's a remake. There's naturally a lot less new stuff to show, and the new stuff is what makes for the better advertising material. They might even be banking on nostalgia.

I could be wrong though, I don't remember anymore what exactly they did during the ORAS pre-release days.

Years
  • During the ORAS prerelease days they promoted special things for preordering like a free groudon with OR and kyogre w AS promotional figure I don't know where my Kyogre is but I can show a picture of my groudon, so we may see dialga and palkia figures to people who pre order

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The Sword and Shield teaser released the around the same time as this current one. It's Pokemon, so they tend to be pretty schedule heavy, I don't expect them to deviate from that.

Years
  • A little unsure about this. Another Japanese game company I know admitted that COVID caused a permanent 4-5 month delay for future releases. The fact that main series Pokémon games are still coming out on their typical release times shows how overworked the staff must be trying to meet these deadlines, and that's on top of the usual Japanese overworking culture. :( Wish they'd have just delayed it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2022
    Good design

I like it! You know it may not be what we expected but the graphics and the way the grass and the Images of the whole overworld looks realistic and better plus very beautiful 👌😍❤ I can't imagine it being like pokémon sword or shield because that took a lot of detailing and planning to do and it's nostalgic for us pokémon gamers so I'd buy it

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1426166956911218690

Finally getting a new video presentation! Excited to finally see the updated graphics officially rather than just in that new OLED Switch trailer.
    okykDL6.jpg

Years
  • hopefully this isn't the only time we'll get news. :c but november is 3 months away as far as bdsp goes, so i'm unsure if we'll get anymore besides maybe one more bit of news before release.

Years
  • i'm hoping this is the case when it comes to the Underground :o would be fun to explore around with a friend~

It looks like BDSP will have cooperative functionality after all according to the official website.

Adventure together with Trainers all over the world in the Grand Underground!
    You can interact with Trainers all over the world through your Nintendo Switch system's local communication or online communication. As well as adventuring together in the Grand Underground, you can also dig for Fossils together with other Trainers.

Not to mention some of the other cooperative features.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I'm honestly more interested in the how they update the storyline, if they decide to do so. I vaguely remember Cyrus being one of the better mainline villains, although it's been years since I last played Platinum.

Years
  • I'm honestly more interested in the how they update the storyline, if they decide to do so. I vaguely remember Cyrus being one of the better mainline villains, although it's been years since I last played Platinum.

Yeah, same. I always appreciate original writing when it comes to story. This will be my first time playing the Diamond, Pearl series so everything will be new for me. I'm really looking forward to exploring Sinnoh, for me it's like "finally a region that isn't tropical (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Alola) - although some parts of Galar did have tropical weather like Isle of Armor. Galar had a bit of everything really.

Years
  • I'm honestly more interested in the how they update the storyline, if they decide to do so. I vaguely remember Cyrus being one of the better mainline villains, although it's been years since I last played Platinum.

Yeah, same here. Cyrus is actually my favorite villain, so I am really hoping they spice up the storyline even just a little!

64 days until we find out!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't expect them to update the story at all at this point :O

pkmin3033

I think there is a possibility that we might get some kind of postgame with Giratina - hopefully they won't just write off Platinum's extras entirely. I doubt it'll be as fleshed-out as, say, the Delta Episode, but I think we're more likely to get something from ILCA considering some of the other changes they've made to the games, like the expanded Sinnoh Underground.

Years
  • I agree Dawn - I am hoping ILCA is able to add/expand upon some things. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Do we know anything about Exp. Share? Will it be on at all times in these games too?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've not heard anything about the Exp. Share myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being SwSh's version instead of the original version

Back