• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bring me the fall of prada

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Well here is all my stuff o.o I'll add in a banner later. Please CnC when you can and don't be afraid to be harsh. (How else will I learn to be a decent GFXer?)

Hayate1.png

ZackFair3.png

DimensionsApart.png

Jabbawockeez1WiP2.png

SOTW61.png

HouseWiP.png

Redemption.png

Paramore.png

Flare.png

SasukeWiP.png

thisistogoodforme.png

BellaEdward2.png

AnimeFall2WiP-1.png

VoldemortSOTW.png

STOTWCHCIK.png

YondaimeWiP5.png

Paramore1.png

MoonlightSOTW.png

ManipWiP2-1.png

CarWiP.png

DeadSpaceWiP.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Right off the bat I was impressed with a lot of your work I must say. Though some are a little hit and miss. So I'm just going to go through a few for you in hope that you'll understand the angles I'm coming from here.
    Hayate1.png

- This tag here has some really nice flow and easily had the potential to be a very nice tag but some things urked me a little bit. First off, the colours annoyed me a tad, the focal blends too much with the render itself thus not bringing out the focal as well as it could have done. The sort of murky space stock colours are rather unappealing also. The big thing about this tag though, was the opacity on the bottom, I really didn't like that I could see through the smudge that was creating the flow, it brought down any professional feel about this tag and ruined it for me. Overall the tag is rather monochrome, lacking a little depth due to the opacity. Though the flow and presentation are rather nice.

Jabbawockeez1WiP2.png

- Kinda really wish this one was in colour, with some purple C4D's on the right and left. Though I don't know the colour of the stock. But eh, you really should have kept this one away from B&W. You had a nice thing going but this isn't a tag you should have inverted as it's got nice effects and doesn't focus on depth. In general it's very hard to make a good B&W tag but this isn't that time. I would advise going back and making this in colour, just be careful with what colours you choose so that it blends well.

SOTW61.png

- I liked the effects in this one, the thing that bothered me though was the text. I don't like how you blurred it. It kind of killed that whole side for me to be honest. I'll also not that text should never be stuck in a corner or totally away from a focal. That's a little pro-tip I learned recently and it's helped me improve my work. With a little more care with your text here, some more dodge, sharpen, blur and burning you could create a very nice tag in the end. The flow around your focal looks really well. I think you could bring out that part of your tag more with the aforementioned techniques because it's really got something going for it.

Redemption.png

- Again, this tag had the potential to be really really nice. Something I want you to show me how to do is those circles! I've been too lazy to find out how lol. But at any rate, I think your background colours here really kill the tag in retrospect. Those greens and again, murky colours really clash and make the tag more unappealing. I would also advise you to avoid mixing anime renders with RL stocks. It very rarely works. I think you could put some fractals down by the render rather than that C4D and make them stand out a it more as the effects are rather weak here.

Paramore1.png

- The pentooling in this is rather nice, however, the left side of this tags really lets it down. The blurring on Hayley's face, where the start of the pen tool is and how the text kind of looks low quality is what killed it for me. The right hand side looks so much more sharpened and looks a lot more high quality compared to the left. Work on those issues and this would make for a very pleasing tag.

DeadSpaceWiP.png

- Probably my least favourite of the bunch. The text is very blurry and messy. The render isn't very well brought out and all the right hand side of the tag is just empty. I think you might have had a little trouble on this one. Try blending your stock with the tag more, bring the focal out with sharpening and such. But egh, there's not much you could salvage from this one I'm afraid.

You're doing quite well I have to say. You should try some new things and work on what I mentioned. Also when working on RL stocks, don't be afraid to go wild as you seem to be barely touching them when you do work with them. In any case, good work buddy and keep it up and you'll most certainly become a good "gfxer".

Technique notes:

• Cut the borders
    • Watch out where you use transparency
    • Make sure you use nice colour and not muddy unappealing meshy ones.
    • Work on your text placement, don't have it stuck in corners or away from the focal.
    • Don't mix anime & RL stocks too much.
    • Try using some fractals.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Just quietly, disagree with Abnegation regarding the black and white tag. Beast contrasting to say the least...
    What irks me isn't the colours, except for the solid white and grey outline of the people, the white outline is too thick and draws focus, and the grey is too dark, again drawing focus.
    The other irk is the C4D use, it is nice and subtle over the tag, and then the right side is like a dump of C4D. Try ease up that congestion and try to keep the flow happening or simplifying it.
    Also, the tag seems a little low quality, C4Ds could be sharpened a bit more, or less or something and the background could use a tiny sharpen as well.

Besides that, the tag is beast, colours are incredible and the contrasting and sharpening of the focal and general composition of effects (bar mess on the right) is awesome.

As a general note, watch out for your quality because like half of your tags are losing quality from being oversharpened. First 3 are prime examples.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Update:
    here are some icons:
    Paramore-1.jpg

Imagine1.png

Simon.jpg

vA.png

HayleyWilliams.jpg

jabbavA.png

Yeah don't focus much on icons, not too good with such a small space.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Your work is pretty good.

AnimeFall2WiP-1.png

That one is my favorite. The colors go together and I love the feel of it.

Back