• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bring Pokemon Adventures Back to the US

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    RYO did you no read what i said if ur not going to help dont reply here and no i wont buy from ebay sence they r coming from singapore do u no how money that costs for shipping and handling

17 bucks? ...

thats better than waiting for something that would never come ;).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    RYo y do u think i started this thread i dont have a single book of it so taking ur advice buying them from ebay i would vols 1-27 and that costs 175.00 and thats a lot of money and most it is shipping sence singapore i on the other side of the world so thats y i came up with this idea u no im new here.....IM SO SORRY I DIDNT KNOW OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TRIED THISbut yet r willing to try again and with all the people that go on threads and write comments trying to put people down DONT DO IT if u dont agree with what i said im the very first comment DONT REPLY HERE. it says i want people to write letters to VIZ...it does not say dont wirte letters to VIZ cause it not going to work, so if u arent going to help THEN GOODBYE no ones wants to hear ur put downs because that just makes people not to try and tring is everything. >:(

sry that >:( is suppose to be >:O

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey...Hey!

RYo y do u think i started this thread i dont have a single book of it so taking ur advice buying them from ebay i would vols 1-27 and that costs 175.00 and thats a lot of money and most it is shipping sence singapore i on the other side of the world so thats y i came up with this idea u no im new here.....IM SO SORRY I DIDNT KNOW OTHER PEOPLE HAVE TRIED THISbut yet r willing to try again and with all the people that go on threads and write comments trying to put people down DONT DO IT if u dont agree with what i said im the very first comment DONT REPLY HERE. it says i want people to write letters to VIZ...it does not say dont wirte letters to VIZ cause it not going to work, so if u arent going to help THEN GOODBYE no ones wants to hear ur put downs because that just makes people not to try and tring is everything. >:(

sry that >:( is suppose to be >:O

CALM DOWN!!!! Were all equal fans of the same thing here okay? Don't mean to hurt you're guy's feelings but just calm down... Why won't we just use our energies for more productive things such as actual discussion of the manga. I mean if the anime could have a ton of discussion threads that are always active why not here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well im sick of people coming here not going to happen, not going to happen, etc etc etc if that they have to say they dont have to reply here cause i guess they cant read when i said we should write letter not tell people not to

Years
    well im sick of people coming here not going to happen, not going to happen, etc etc etc if that they have to say they dont have to reply here cause i guess they cant read when i said we should write letter not tell people not to

NayrExoto brought up an interesting point.

Do you know the Mother series? It's called Earthbound here. There's a huge fansite for it called Starmen. You know what they tried to do to get Mother 3 here in the US? Everything. Letters, petitions, personally asking the President of Nintendo of America if they even have plans to translate Mother 3, even if it were a DS port (as this was possible with Phoenix Wright ports). Heck, they even did this well made scrap book full of fanmade stuff just to show how dedicated they are. What does Nintendo do? Just ignored them.

So, what do you suppose was the best thing that the fans did in order to get the game? They patched the ROM for the game. Basically, made a fan translation for it. Well, they're still in the process of doing it, but hey, it's a fan and team effort.

Now, as for Pokemon Special, the best thing to do is save your energy and at least contribute fan-translation effort and be patient. You know, if you ask certain people here, they can gladly give you links to scans or something.

Oh and before you start accusing people that they don't read your posts, try to read their posts, too.

Years
    NayrExoto brought up an interesting point.

Do you know the Mother series? It's called Earthbound here. There's a huge fansite for it called Starmen. You know what they tried to do to get Mother 3 here in the US? Everything. Letters, petitions, personally asking the President of Nintendo of America if they even have plans to translate Mother 3, even if it were a DS port (as this was possible with Phoenix Wright ports). Heck, they even did this well made scrap book full of fanmade stuff just to show how dedicated they are. What does Nintendo do? Just ignored them.

So, what do you suppose was the best thing that the fans did in order to get the game? They patched the ROM for the game. Basically, made a fan translation for it. Well, they're still in the process of doing it, but hey, it's a fan and team effort.

Now, as for Pokemon Special, the best thing to do is save your energy and at least contribute fan-translation effort and be patient. You know, if you ask certain people here, they can gladly give you links to scans or something.

Oh and before you start accusing people that they don't read your posts, try to read their posts, too.

Hey hey don't forget that fan-scanlations are for free! But massive publication could as I have said earlier change peoples stereotype that Pokemon is 4kids (pun!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i dont want damn scans im going to say what i just said to someone that pmed about not going to happen crap....if people want to write letter let dont come on here and try to make people not write them because whats ur doing u no i dont want to spend almost 200$ to get all the books that r in english and scans are probally illegal y do u think that this site banned them...so just stop coming on here if have something to say about its not going to happen because i dont want to hear and im sure other people dont ethier.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    ok... let's not fight. I have a idea. It is simple, but a long process. We can convince our friends to read more pokespe, and the more readers we have nationwide/worldwide, maybe we don't need to write letters, because if we convince more readers to read this manga, maybe the word will get around to VIZ, and they'll have no choice to publish it because of such a huge fanbase.... mind u it has to be a really big fanbase though, I'm like talking about the size of the 90's pokemon craze.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    ok... let's not fight. I have a idea. It is simple, but a long process. We can convince our friends to read more pokespe, and the more readers we have nationwide/worldwide, maybe we don't need to write letters, because if we convince more readers to read this manga, maybe the word will get around to VIZ, and they'll have no choice to publish it because of such a huge fanbase.... mind u it has to be a really big fanbase though, I'm like talking about the size of the 90's pokemon craze.

Simply, just go to Nintendo's English next Expo in somewhere.

Ask them a question about it, and say over 1,000,000 people like it.

hoennshipperxxx

pokémonmaster in training
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    i dont want damn scans im going to say what i just said to someone that pmed about not going to happen crap....if people want to write letter let dont come on here and try to make people not write them because whats ur doing u no i dont want to spend almost 200$ to get all the books that r in english and scans are probally illegal y do u think that this site banned them...so just stop coming on here if have something to say about its not going to happen because i dont want to hear and im sure other people dont ethier.

lol, why would it be illegal?
    i dont know why this site banned the scans, but what about mangafox.com?
    an official site with tons of manga!
    if it was illegal, the site would have been already screwed up and deleted o.O

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    GOD PEOPLE READ I DONT WANT SCANS.......did anyone that came on this tread to write letters send them yet??

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    GOD PEOPLE READ I DONT WANT SCANS.......did anyone that came on this tread to write letters send them yet??

Honestly speaking, I don't want them either. And no, I will not write a letter, because:

a.) What's the point, I don't even live in the US... .___.;;

b.) Pokemon Manga in here at this point of time, is like easily available for anyone to buy (or closet read on the bookstore rather). In fact, I wonder why when there's so many stocks of Pokemon Manga, people don't buy them anymore. Lmao, must be because of the circulation of the scans...? XD

c.) Viz only wants money and I THINK it's Chuang-Yi that you should be emailing in order to get Pokemon Manga imported in the US. =P

In simple terms, Email Chuang-Yi, not Viz, at least, you guys might get a chance of importation. ;x

----

EDIT: Lololol, if you're going to start shouting at me for not reading your posts or whatever, then I'll prove you wrong. I think it's you who should be reading other people's post. ;)

Last edited:

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
    I do sell the Pokemon adventures manga direct from Singapore to you. I've been doing this for 4 years now and have posted books all across the world from Sweden to Mexico.

You can order any amount of books to start but it's highly recommended you order books in large amounts to save on postage.

Each book is about US$9.50 and postage depends on where you are located in the world.

So drop me a PM if you're interested or E-mail me at the address below.

Cheers,
    Grimsg

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    AVe if u dont live in the us y would u come to a thread that said bring pokemon adventures to the US

Grim that what im going to have to do if this doesnt work but im going to be buying from singapore ebay

Last edited:

hoennshipperxxx

pokémonmaster in training
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    AVe if u dont live in the us y would u come to a thread that said bring pokemon adventures to the US

Grim that what im going to have to do if this doesnt work but im going to be buying from singapore ebay

i don't live in the US either, but i came for 2 reasons:

1. i was interested
    2. i could see that this is a thread to give you guys manga books so i thought that i maybe could help.

eehh i couldn't understand what you said in the second sentence but i guess i have nothing to do with it XP

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    question how do i contact Chuang-Yi because im going to need a back up plan to get english copies here too (he is the one with the english copyies right?)

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years

a.) One, because, I want you to realize the reality of the world, especially how Viz is profit oriented, and if this is such the case, they won't go back to something they never gained profits from in the first place. I'm talking about Pokemon Adventures.

b.) Your only other option is Chuang-Yi, because they're the ones who's currently translating the manga. It's them or nothing, my dear. =P

c.) Their website is this: https://www.chuangyi.com.sg/

d.) Because I was also interested and I want US people to get the real thing... at a more reasonable price... without Ebay or something. D:

Back