• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Britney Spears Discussion Thread

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    They're are following the same promotion schedule as Blackout. ;;

Blackout
    "Gimme More" Music Video - October 2007
    "Piece of Me" Music Video - December 2007
    "Break the Ice" Music Video - March 2008

Circus
    "Womanizer" Music Video - October 2008
    "Circus" Music Video - December 2008
    "If U Seek Amy" Music Video - March 2009

March is too far. ;;
    ("Kill the Lights" for single #4!)

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    They're are following the same promotion schedule as Blackout. ;;

Blackout
    "Gimme More" Music Video - October 2007
    "Piece of Me" Music Video - December 2007
    "Break the Ice" Music Video - March 2008

Circus
    "Womanizer" Music Video - October 2008
    "Circus" Music Video - December 2008
    "If U Seek Amy" Music Video - March 2009

March is too far. ;;
    ("Kill the Lights" for single #4!)
    Break the ice [the video] is something I'm trying to forget about.. it was awful..
    lol I remember when some official source said something like: "Turns out, Britney is a fan of anime, and it was all her idea!" yeah.. right.

Nice catch Danja!

Lover's Kite

Years
    Break the Ice's video wasn't that bad... ok maybe it was; but it's still better than nothing.

"Radar" was supposed to be single #4, but according to BreatheHeavy, it was supposed to be "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)".

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If this is really the radio edit of If U Seek Amy, I'm going to be a very unhappy person.

Twinx

Years
    "Radar" was supposed to be single #4, but according to BreatheHeavy, it was supposed to be "Get Naked (I Got a Plan)".
    Jordan knows nothing. lol xD
    I never heard of this one... but I do know Radar was played on radios everywhere but it then got canceled.

If this is really the radio edit of If U Seek Amy, I'm going to be a very unhappy person.
    Radios are playing the "If U See Amy" version... sooo ya.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Radios are playing the "If U See Amy" version... sooo ya.

That doesn't make it any better. :<

On a side note, I really hope they aren't going to make If U Seek Amy's music video like Break the Ice. I'm beginning to think they are seeing as how at the end of Break the Ice, it said 'To be Continued' and on Britney's site, there's an entry asking for concepts. That said, they better not make it animated.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To be honest I never got the controversy of the song til recently. Its a bit raunchy and I enjoy it more now but its not appropriate for radio play. A bunch of 10 year old girls will run around saying "All of the boys are begging to if you seek Amy!" and thats not right.

Twinx

Years
    That doesn't make it any better. :<

On a side note, I really hope they aren't going to make If U Seek Amy's music video like Break the Ice. I'm beginning to think they are seeing as how at the end of Break the Ice, it said 'To be Continued' and on Britney's site, there's an entry asking for concepts. That said, they better not make it animated.
    Didn't see that one before!

But this definitly a storyboard for "Do Somethin"... It's really interesting seeing these sketches..

And I'm pretty sure Britney will never have an animated video ever again.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    Britneyyyy <3

I was never a huge fan of her until she released 'Circus' atm my fav songs are:

Circus
    Kill The Lights
    Breathe on me
    Shattered glass
    Womanizer
    Everytime (I've always loved that song <3)
    Stronger
    I'm a slave 4 u
    If you seek Amy (NEW SINGLE SOON :D :D)
    Piece of me
    Break the ice
    Lucky
    and Born to make you happy

^___^

Twinx

Years
    New topic:

How do you feel about Britney's personal life overshadowing her career?

I know whenever I mention Brit to anyone, they automatically talk about her personal life and forget about her great music.. it's sad.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Dear Pokecommunity.

They do the same for everybody, I'm talking about Britney Spears and they say "Aww, She shaved her head and you like her." But they actually like Piece Of Me so..... I can't really blame them.

Britney is a fantastic singer and I'm truely one of the Biggest Fans, If U Seek Amy isn't bad, horrible or swearing she is speaking her mind, Lil Wayne can say "Licking my Lolipop" but Britney can't say If U Seek Amy, Stupid parents and If they censored It, It would be obvious that she sweared and nobody should Censored Britney's song, Except Piece Of Me and in Do Somethin they let her say the F Word at the end and everybody noticed It.

I speak my mind not my mouth and I care about Britney, She's a sweet honest girl and she dosen't need anybody to say what she needs to do, She's herself and she can do what she wants!

Thanks for listening.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    Eeeek...I really don't like Britney Spears. And please don't think I'm looking down upon you if you like her, I'd hate people to think I was judging them just because I don't like their taste in music.

I just don't like her. I don't know why. And I had to just go Wikipedia "If You Seek Amy" because I didn't get it ¬_¬

I just don't get what she's trying to do with that song...is she trying to be clever/funny? Because I admit it is, but the fact that she's released this song as a single she has side-stepped a lot of the censors. Music is a lot more accessible than film or TV; so people who are sensitive to this kind of thing will hear it. Why she couldn't have just kept it on her album I do not know. I really, really hope she doesn't feel she has to pull a publicity stunt to keep her sales up.

I do agree though that she gets a bad, bad rap from the media re: motherhood. I would like to think that journalists would let her just be a mother and leave their criticism out of it, but sadly that's my naivety...

Lover's Kite

Years
    And I had to just go Wikipedia "If You Seek Amy" because I didn't get it ¬_¬

I just don't get what she's trying to do with that song...is she trying to be clever/funny? Because I admit it is, but the fact that she's released this song as a single she has side-stepped a lot of the censors. Music is a lot more accessible than film or TV; so people who are sensitive to this kind of thing will hear it. Why she couldn't have just kept it on her album I do not know. I really, really hope she doesn't feel she has to pull a publicity stunt to keep her sales up.

But of course, Lil' Wayne can talk about his "lollipop". No biggie. :)

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    But of course, Lil' Wayne can talk about his "lollipop". No biggie. :)
    Thank-you! Finally somebody says that about Lil Wayne's Lolipop, Britney can't say If U Seek Amy? Shame on parents.

Edit: MASSIVE UPDATE I FOUND THIS ON YAHOO! IT'S A PREIVEW OF IF U SEEK AMY, I'M EXCITED.

She's being a house-wife at the start and flirts with the Paparazii by giving a pie. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    Britney Spears' Circus was awesome. I'm an avid fan of her! Go go Britney!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Thank-you! Finally somebody says that about Lil Wayne's Lolipop, Britney can't say If U Seek Amy? Shame on parents.

Edit: MASSIVE UPDATE I FOUND THIS ON YAHOO! IT'S A PREIVEW OF IF U SEEK AMY, I'M EXCITED.

She's being a house-wife at the start and flirts with the Paparazii by giving a pie. xD

I highly doubt Yahoo is accurate compared to CelebTV, which has a sneak peak of what's going to be in the music video.

https://www.celebtv.com/sneak-peek-britney-spears-music-video-seek-amy

I highly doubt she'll go from serving pie as a house-wife to the paparazzi to having a music video in her bedroom.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    No, that picture is from the music video. They filmed some scenes like that.

Also, apparently the video is premiering on March 2nd.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    No, that picture is from the music video. They filmed some scenes like that.

Also, apparently the video is premiering on March 2nd.

But none of those people look like paparazzi to me. I mean, I wasn't saying the picture was inaccurate. I was saying that I don't believe that she would be giving pie randomly in a music video to paparazzi. Especially since the music video hasn't anything to do with them.

Back