• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Broken Bones.

Years
    • Seen today
    Simple question.

Have you had any experiences with broken bones?

I once broke my arm in two places after a bad fall. Did not immediately go to the hospital and it was one of the most miserable nights I can recall. Any sort of movement was sadistically painful. The recovery was smooth but spent about 9 hours in a busy hospital during the initial x-ray.

Years later, I broke my wrist inside a skating rink. Feeling overconfident, I left the guardrails and went into the middle of the rink. Fell over and was helped up by a stranger. Recognized quickly that time "this is a fracture".

Years
    I broke my hand when I was 12 messing around with some friends while waiting for class. I knew pretty much instantly but it was the last session of the school day so I ended up just waiting it out since it would take most of that time for me to get a lift home anyway.

I later broke my foot... messing around with some friends during the recess break when I was 14. This one was particularly humiliating because I managed to do this damage via stepping on my own foot. I also realised this one pretty much instantly but the office never even called to see if I could get a lift home and they didn't have any crutches or anything so I had to walk around on a broken foot for the rest of the day. Then the hospital didn't give me good enough treatment so I ended up waiting like two days to get the cast done. The soft tissue damage was bad enough that I couldn't walk for an additional month after the 1.5 months being in the cast :')

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I have never broken a bone. I hope to keep it that way, forever, if I can help it. I'm a very, very incredibly cautious person who never wants to do anything reckless. Too scared to even do anything that would lead to something like that because my mom fear mongered me as a kid that it's the worst pain in the world to ever do so. (Break a bone).

So, never have, and hope to never will.

Years
    I broke my elbow after falling down stairs and had to have 17 screws put in my arm. The whole experience was not fun at all. I got a somewhat cool scar though. Here's hoping I never break anymore bones.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
    I broke my nose when I was real little because my older brother decided to push me down some metal stairs because I was going too slow for him. I hit the bridge of my nose on the last stair. Luckily, we had a neighbor who was a registered nurse and she was able to fix it. To this day, I have a somewhat large bump on my nose as a reminder. Years later, I broke my pinky toe when I hit it hard on the wooden part of a covered piece of furniture. I spent quite a while limping and I mostly had to wear sandles because I couldn't sneakers due to the intense pain.

Last edited:

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Been lucky to avoid any bone-breaking accidents(though I have lost count of how many times I have fell off the stairs), but I know people who haven't been as lucky, and it doesn't seem a pleasant experience, hearing from them. D:

Years
    • Seen today
    I have never broken a bone. I hope to keep it that way, forever, if I can help it. I'm a very, very incredibly cautious person who never wants to do anything reckless. Too scared to even do anything that would lead to something like that because my mom fear mongered me as a kid that it's the worst pain in the world to ever do so. (Break a bone).

So, never have, and hope to never will.

Honestly, I haven't experienced anything more painful. I'm sure it depends on the break though. Both times, I recall initial numbness in the area of fracture, followed by aching. Attempting any slight movement would result in pain so great I never thought possible.

In the hospital, they gave me a jab with a needle which reduced the pain greatly. It wasn't too awful after that. Very limiting having use of only one arm, until they swapped the cast after a few weeks for a more mobile one.

During the wrist break, I still needed a full arm cast unfortunately.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Honestly, I haven't experienced anything more painful. I'm sure it depends on the break though. Both times, I recall initial numbness in the area of fracture, followed by aching. Attempting any slight movement would result in pain so great I never thought possible.

In the hospital, they gave me a jab with a needle which reduced the pain greatly. It wasn't too awful after that. Very limiting having use of only one arm, until they swapped the cast after a few weeks for a more mobile one.

During the wrist break, I still needed a full arm cast unfortunately.

Time to remain cautious until the day I die, then.

Years
    Thankfully no, and I don't really plan to. Healthcare would fuck me up harder than the bones ever could.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Eh, young Jo has broken a little bit of everything at some point in the past. Between all the sports, the karate, the thrill seeking, rage punching, the drug induced mucking around, I've been on the receiving end of many an injurious event. At some point all of my extremities have been subject to a break or two -- I'm just lucky I haven't fractured my skull, my neck, spine, femurs, etc. Think the worst one was the rib I managed to break - but I believe the adrenaline spared me some of that. Most painful had to be splintering my shin bone when I collided with another person doing the same acrobatic stunt.

But yeah, young Jo was very prone to danger and loved making stupid choices because who cares when you have a high pain tolerance? And that pain tolerance served me well in my youth but now whenever I get up in the morning, I basically need to reassemble my skeleton back into a humanoid shape. Age has not served my prior injuries well, and while many of them were fine for 10+ years, gradually the pains became more constant.

Right ankle is a particularly sore spot for me, after years of continuous abuse I think I finally developed nerve damage. And I can (almost painlessly) dislocate my right shoulder. Still feel pain from when I used to be double-jointed in my thumb. Left hip is the newest anomalous click to add to my collection of sounds my joints make when I walk. Fortunately, that didn't come from a break! :D

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    When I was 8 I slipped off my scooter and hit my left elbow on the road. The crack was small, but it hurt like nothing else. It was a deep throbbing sensation that is hard to put into words. I wore a cast for about three months. A lot of kids in my class signed it, even people that didn't like me much. Thankfully it wasn't my dominant arm. Aside from showering or playing most video games I didn't have much issue getting around. For years after the accident I still felt that same pain whenever I hit my left elbow on something. I don't have that issue anymore, but I'm still very careful while getting around. It's something I certainly don't want to repeat.

Years
    i was in involved in an auto accident several years ago and my right humerus fractured as a result of the impact. i was in a sling for three weeks and then an arm brace for four weeks after that

it was not fun. i couldn't drive and i was out of work. i had to sit up to bathe and use no-rinse shampoo due to not being able to properly shower.

to this day i can still feel where the bone healed

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Don't know if it counts but very early in my childhood we were on vacation and had a car accident. Somehow my forehead got damaged quite a bit. We never figured out how that actually happened, though. Regardless: I still have a scar from that accident as a result. <_<

I was also the only one in my family who had something bad enough to having to stay at the hospital.

Back