• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Broken Mart & Movement

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Hello everyone,

while working at my Pokemon hack i discovered 2 Bugs/Problems, that i cant seem to fix. I am trying to fix this things for weeks and this Thread is my last hope. I hope i can describe them well enough. Im using the Pokeemerald-expansion as a base.

MARTS
    So the first problem with the Marts is, that in every Mart i make and even in the already in the base game existing Marts the first Item has always the Icon, Value and description of the Sceptilite, but the name of the Item is what it should be normaly. Im attaching a screenshot below. I dont know where or how to fix it, i even tried to delete the Sceptilite, but that doesnt help. The text becomes cryptic and the Icon becomes some weird pixels, while the Value stays at 0. It would already help if somebody would knwe where i have to search for the problem. Thanks in advance!

MOVEMENT
    The second problem is one i have even longer and confuses me even more. I have that bug nearly since the begining. So a lot of times when i make a movement script and for example let the player face_right, in game it does the exact opposite and the player faces left. It doesnt happen every time but very often. If i try to be "smart" and type face_left if i want the player to face right, the animation looks weird because the player than turns left for a bit of a second and than instantly turns again the opposite and turns right. Again it would already realy help if somebody know where i could search for the problem and again thanks in advance everbody!

Attachments

• Broken Mart & Movement
      Bild_2022-08-24_143211778.png
      13.9 KB · Views: 9
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello everyone,

while working at my Pokemon hack i discovered 2 Bugs/Problems, that i cant seem to fix. I am trying to fix this things for weeks and this Thread is my last hope. I hope i can describe them well enough. Im using the Pokeemerald-expansion as a base.

MARTS
    So the first problem with the Marts is, that in every Mart i make and even in the already in the base game existing Marts the first Item has always the Icon, Value and description of the Sceptilite, but the name of the Item is what it should be normaly. Im attaching a screenshot below. I dont know where or how to fix it, i even tried to delete the Sceptilite, but that doesnt help. The text becomes cryptic and the Icon becomes some weird pixels, while the Value stays at 0. It would already help if somebody would knwe where i have to search for the problem. Thanks in advance!

MOVEMENT
    The second problem is one i have even longer and confuses me even more. I have that bug nearly since the begining. So a lot of times when i make a movement script and for example let the player face_right, in game it does the exact opposite and the player faces left. It doesnt happen every time but very often. If i try to be "smart" and type face_left if i want the player to face right, the animation looks weird because the player than turns left for a bit of a second and than instantly turns again the opposite and turns right. Again it would already realy help if somebody know where i could search for the problem and again thanks in advance everbody!

I've encountered the same facing the wrong way issue. It happens if you use a MSGBOX_NPC message box right after turning:

Code:
    Example_script::
      applymovement 0xFF, movement_face_right
      waitmovement 0
      msgbox example_text, MSGBOX_NPC
      end

movement_face_right:
      face_right
      step_end

example_text:
      .string "message$"

Broken Mart & Movement

You can fix it by replacing MSGBOX_NPC with MSGBOX_AUTOCLOSE. You could also be using the command turnobject instead of applymovement to turn the player.

I think it happens because the faceplayer command inside MSGBOX_NPC causes the player to turn because the script wasn't started by talking to an NPC.

As for the shop issue, I have no idea. Since it happens to existing marts too, it sounds like the issue is somewhere in the game's code rather than in your script. If you've made any modifications to any code related to marts or items, you should start by checking to see if that's causing the issue.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Thanks a lot! The movement works now, i didnt thought that it would be so easy haha.

Yea i changed some things to marts and items and even tried to undo the changes when the issue appeard but that didnt helped. But i guess ill just try that again maybe i missed something. Thanks again for your help!

Back