• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Broken.Promise's Pixel Art (Mk II)

Years
    It looks nice but isn't it a bit big for a sprite? :S Also, its legs and tail look a bit unnatural but apart from that, good job! :D
    Yeah, I suppose :P I like it being tall though, more intimidating Mwaha!

It looks a bit...like Mew...(its head does anyway.) Also, its body looks a bit circular. I like its purple flame though :D
    I saw the Mew resemblance too... kooky eh?? :P

It looks a bit...strange O_o. Its anatomy is slighty awkward too, but it does look like a possible concept for an Pachirisu evolution! :D
    Lol, I know the anatomy of Avirisu looks awkward, but it was actually based on a flying squirrel, which does look highly strange :P

This actually looks quite good! The mouth/pipe thing (XD) looks a bit strange but apart from that, it looks great! I love the flame.
    lol, the snout thing?? yeah, it kinda does look a bit strange :/ but I couldn't make it any better :P

It looks quite good, but its tail looks a bit strange in my opinion and it doesn't really seem like a possible Eevee-lution.
    I know it doesn't look possible, but I just wanted to make an Eevee-lution that resembled a lion, and I figured 'why not make it into a total BAMF' so I tried :P

This sprite looks really nice! It looks cute, really elegant and something I'd want on my team! I think the wings and tail were sprited quite well. It just...doesn't really look like a Psyduck evolution. It looks more like a completely new pokemon! :D
    Hehe, thanks :D Don't ya just wish you had a Psydove?? :P
    And I know it doesn't look like a Psyduck evo, but on the same note, would you expect Milotic and Gyrados to come from Feebas and Magikarp?
    thankyou for the comments, greatly appreciated :D

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I really like the Final Fantasy sprites, Psydove and your fusions.

Years
    UPDATES:

I have a Fakemon for you all :)

Grossum, the Possum Pokemon
    Normal/Ground

And three trainer sprites:

It's RIKKU from Final Fantasy X :) I'm quite proud of this :D

I really like Flannery's hairstyle, so I decided to keep that and just change the colour. I call her Ciara.

I'm not too keen on the shading, or the hair on this. Still; an update's an update :) This one's name is Alice.

C&C??

Last edited:

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    due to the submition of a fakemon sprites ( and custom lucario sprite ), you have just been visited by the semi beginner sprite critique.o.0

custom sprite lucario:

problems:

1. this is one of the biggest problems. it looks like it hasnt been eating enough lately so the the main torso is a smigen on the skinny side.

2. marked ( faintly ) on the red dotted line are areas that i think are too straight. please fix them.

3. the legs have no leg shading at all ( ok the is one pixel above the toe line ) id suggest you shade them much more.

comments: i really like this one. it looks close to official but i still think you need to shoot for D/P/Pt style ( unless thats what your already doing ).

the rating: 7/10

grossum:

problems:

1. when i use the term double pixel this is exactly what i mean. the two red dots indicate where the pixels are that should be removed.

2. not a really big problem,the back just looks a little to hunched thats all.

3. the entire area in the ovalish thing has a monotony of an entirely black outline. pokemon sprites most always have a different colored pixel in these lines. notice i said most so its not to big of a deal.

4. up on the tippy top of the tail is a lone pixel that is a sign that says there needs to be a pixel there.

comments: this is inprovment B.P. your best scratch fakemon sprite and i think its D/P/Pt style. i hope to see more sprites like this!

the rating: 8/10

ill do the other ones in a bit my brother is having trouble beating MMX2

Years
    Hey StaraptorX, thanks for the comments, very much appreciated :)
    The Lucario wasn't me aiming for D/P/Pt, it was just a quick sprite-y thing :) tho I see what you mean about the tail being pointed and Lucario being a tad skinny. Will work on that when I have time :)

And thanks for the Grossum crit. I thought it wasn't that great, but obviously not :) Glad to see that you like it :D

UPDATE:
    I have the final evo in Equa's evo line :) I haven't got a 2nd stage, but that could be done soon:

Aquicorn, the Water Unicorn Pokemon
    Water
    Evo line: Equa --- ??? --- Aquicorn

And just another Final Fantasy sprite; this time of a Moogle:

C&C?? I'm not too sure about these..

EDIT: AAAAH, forgot to do the outline on Aquicorn, it's all black :/
    I'll fix that now :)
    Here's the better Aquicorn :) please rate THIS one :)

Last edited:

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    wow.
    well done! ^^
    i must admit your recoulors are better than mine and your thread isnt even dedicated to them :P
    keep up the good work ;)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    The shading on the moogle is awkward (specifically its legs/feet/lower body), but the Aquicorn looks really good, well done! :D

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Cool. The Suicune & Milotic recolors, Regina trainer sprite, Shinx-Rotom fusion, all the devamps, the Vulpix revamp, and Grossum are my favorites.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Here's a quick tip, if you want to improve your shading: First, you have to choose the starting shade of a colour (the brighter one) and then, from the colour select option of MSpaint, gently lower the bar to the darker shades - but gently - otherwise the overall shading won't be smooth.
    I can hardly understand what I'm saying right now, so if you made no sense whatsoever, I don't blame you. You could also use an already-existing palette - There are over 490 of them!

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    aquicorn:

problems:

1: not a big problem but the horn isnt big enough and its bent.

2: i really think its to small. maybe you should resize it.

comments: this again is one of your best sprites. but it doesnt looks like a fully evolved pokemon. maybe you should make that the middle evo.

the rating: 9/10

avirisu:

problems:

1. the belly part is completely under shaded. but over all the sprite has little shading compared to a regular pokemon sprite.

2. the eyes dont look like they are facing in the bottom left corner which can be a mild problem.

3. the sprite over all is a little sloppy, and the pose makes it look like it had a mad run in with a slaming door if you know what i mean.

comments: this does look like a great concept for a pachirisu evolution. just sort out the problems and it should be another one of your better sprites.

the rating: 5/10

psydove:

problems:

1. it is very under shaded. ill use the term under palette. plz fix!

2. psydove looks like hyroglyphics ( dang thats hard to spell :( ) im not saying that very bad but i personly think it needs a better pose.

comments: was this your first try at this? dang its good. its something id love to have. but to tell you the truth it looks more like a porygon2 evo rather then a golduck evo. o.0

the rating: 7/10.

Years
    UPDATE:

Re-did the Aquicorn, because it did look a bit small, decided to resize it, edit the horn, and it's also now the 2nd in the Equa line.

I've also made the final in the line. Aquasus

Aquasus: the Winged Horse Pokemon
    Water/Flying

Evo line:
    ---
    ---

I've also made a trainer sprite. It's not great, but not terrible.

I call him Brett.

And a trainer sprite of Yellow, from the manga:

C&C?

Last edited:
    Years
    Just a lil' update :D

I decided to experiment with type changing :D
    So we have a Cherrim, which has magically been changed into Fire type:
    ..oops, maybe Sunny Day was a bit too sunny

A really quick, and slightly sloppy, revamp of the G/S/C Clair sprite:
    I'm not proud of it, but it's the first time I've ever revamped a trainer sprite, so be nice xP

C&C??

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    UPDATE:

Re-did the Aquicorn, because it did look a bit small, decided to resize it, edit the horn, and it's also now the 2nd in the Equa line.

I've also made the final in the line. Aquasus

Aquasus: the Winged Horse Pokemon
    Water/Flying

Evo line:
    ---
    ---

I've also made a trainer sprite. It's not great, but not terrible.

I call him Brett.

And a trainer sprite of Yellow, from the manga:

C&C?

Ahh, Brett is the perfect guy for one of our Gym Leaders. He looks a lot like what I had in mind for the Flying Type Gym Leader in Newfound Town (which I had called Eric. I do think Brett is a better name, though). After you beat him you get the Aether Badge.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years

Ciara
    Alice
    Brett
    Yellow

Looks like you really used original Trainer Sprites to create these. I can tell some of these aren't scratch sprites (Alice for example is actually an RSE May-sprite), but I like the transformation. You made them look unique (Especially Yellow, because I know no other Trainer poses like that). Bravo!

Years
    sophidius: I know I originally used official trainer sprites. It's kinda obvious :D
    But I just keep the poses, and sometimes the hair. But I try and change all the clothing though, because that's what makes the sprites unique. Glad you like them though :)

tbone1094: Thankyou :)

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Ciara looks very weird.No neck, and it looks like Flannery's head was just ploped on there.The Shoulders are rectangular a bit too much.

The last 2 in the Equa line are terrific, but Equa looks weird. I can't put my finger on it though.

All in all, terrific!The other sprites are excellent! I can't find anything wrong with the others. :)

Years
    Ciara looks very weird.No neck, and it looks like Flannery's head was just ploped on there.The Shoulders are rectangular a bit too much.
    Yeah, I didn't realise that Ciara had madly broad shoulders and no neck until you mentioned that. Oops :/ really should take more care in my work.

The last 2 in the Equa line are terrific, but Equa looks weird. I can't put my finger on it though.
    Equa was my first ever fakemon, and I wanted it to look quite comical and cartoonish. The fact that its head is a LOT larger in proportion to the rest of its body is intentional. Also, I like the way that, as it evolves, it loses its comical appearance to look a lot more different.

All in all, terrific!The other sprites are excellent! I can't find anything wrong with the others. :)
    Thank you very much for your criticisms. They will be taken on board :D

Update!!!

This is a fusion of Leafeon and Drapion, with a few other little bits and pieces in it. I think it looks quite different, so although it goes in the Fusions section, I think it would be a good possibility for a Poison Eeveelution :D

Veneon. Its head is a little large, but it might be hiding a huge brain under there ;)

I've also taken to doing a few more devamps, as apparently I do them quite well (???)

C&C pleease??

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
    I think you're the best at devamps, but that's probably because it's not a very intensively used genre. An important feature in devamps is that white isn't totally white, but a little blue-ish. With the Jirachi sprite you applied that feature really good. And the Suicune looks like it was actually the one from Crystal. The Porygon-Z just has some lighter colors and Lucario's colors are a tad too dark. But overall it's very well done ^^.

Jirachi: 9 (I really like this one's colors. Just like the sprite would appear in Crystal)
    Suicune: 8,5 (The colors look very much alike the original from Crystal)
    Porygon-Z: 7 (Not too fond of this one, I must say. The colors are good, but it was not really a challenge in my opinion)
    Lucario: 6,5 (I see you tried hard on this one, but it doesn't stand out much. The colors are too dark, so it'd be very unlikely to see this one in GSC)

Back