• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Browns First RMT (OU) - Shiny Flygon Entailed :PP

Brown

Breeder
    Years
    At a glance:

Areodactyl (Sonya) @Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    Ev: 252 Attack 252 Speed
    Jolly (+Speed, -SpA)

-Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock

I prefer anti-leads and I've grown quite attached to this one. It pretty much always does what I need it to do, Taunt then SR. If I'm faced with another anti lead SR then die xPP Either way SR gets laid down. The only lead I have trouble with is CS Smeargle which I'm still trying to find a good counter for xP Solid and effective set.

Flygon (Thing1) @Choice Band
    Ability: Levitate
    Adamant (+Attack, -SpA)

-U Turn
    -Fire Punch
    -Earthqauke
    -Outrage

CB Flygon. I originally made this team for him being a shiny Flygon with an Adamant nature, although it ended up being more about TTar than anything, which he combos well with. Mainly used to seal the deal late game or to pull off my favorite combo with Jirachi. U-Turn, U-Turn, U-Turn, Fire Punch C-C-c-combo Breaker!!!!

Jirachi (ThingZ) @Expert Belt
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Hasty (+Speed, -SpD)

-Iron Head
    -Fire Punch
    -U Turn
    -T Bolt

Upgraded from Thing2, CS Jirachi, this jerk can surprise and sweep entire teams. Originally the build held ice punch over U-Turn but I loved U-turn locks with Thing1 and 2 that I just couldn't leave it behind. Plus, Iron head deals with anything pretty well that ice punch would've.

Dusknoir (Boogiepop) @Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Ev: 252 Hp 252 Def
    Impish (+Def, -SpA)

-Shadow Sneak
    -Pain Split
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Thunderpunch

Dusknoir updated. Now it crips physical attackers and pounds on waters, flyers, psychics and ghosts. Not sure how well this new set'll do, but I'm sure it out classes the old attract/bodyslam set. I'm a little partial for giving her EQ over T-Punch just to take out heatrans who think they're smart.

Jolteon (Nobu) @Petya Berry
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Ev: 252 SpAttack 252 Speed
    Modest (+SpA, -Attack)

-Sub
    -T Bolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power [Grass]

Revenge killer. Jolteon is the weakest link on my team. Whenever I think about ditching it though it sweeps over half a team xP I want to give it yawn but I'm not sure where I could fit it in. What do you guys think?

Tyranitar (RubixChomp) @Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Ev: 252 Hp 52 Attack 176 SpAttack 28 Speed
    Quiet (+SpA, -Speed)

-Sub
    -Dark Pulse
    -Focus Punch
    -Ice Beam

BOA >:O
    This thing rips and tears and destroys teams that aren't prepared or lucky. When I get poisoned on the switch I cry emo tears ; ; Over all very few pokemon give this guy trouble and he's easy to set up. Watch out!

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Definitely consider Will o Wisp > Attract on Dusknoir, it's far more useful and can actually cripple stuff. A combination of the elemental punches over Shadow Sneak and Body Slam is also worth consideration to counter more specific threats, like the dragons and Gyrados.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Timid on Jolteon; you just can't afford to be outsped and revenge killed by Dugtrio and always lose to enemy Aerodactyl. That said, I think SpecsJolt would work better:
    Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Shadow Ball
    Baton Pass

Brown

Breeder
    Years
    Definitely consider Will o Wisp > Attract on Dusknoir, it's far more useful and can actually cripple stuff. A combination of the elemental punches over Shadow Sneak and Body Slam is also worth consideration to counter more specific threats, like the dragons and Gyrados.
    Considering this team and the current meta will-o-wisp probably would be a better option. With wow though, my already low dragon threat is now hardly noticable. Water types bother this team a lot though. Maybe I'll switch out Attract and Body Slam for Will-o-wisp and T-Punch then. Good deal :3

Timid on Jolteon; you just can't afford to be outsped and revenge killed by Dugtrio and always lose to enemy Aerodactyl. That said, I think SpecsJolt would work better:
    Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Shadow Ball
    Baton Pass

If I go with Specs jolt won't I be revenged killed by a dugtrio anyways? :o
    And Areo is always a lead and my Areo knows how to tango (with a 30 speed IV), if they win a speed tie or crit, dusknoir picks up the slack. I could consider running timid but you havn't persuaded me at all, sorry xPP

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
    Suicide Lead Aerodactyl is easily outclassed by other more efficient leads that can actually do some thing after setting Stealth Rock -_-

Running U-Turn on Jirachi isn't very smart since it can escape by switching out. (Magnezone can be beaten with Fire Punch while all they can do is Thunderbolt you)

Will-o-wisp>>Attract on Dusknoir.

Jolteon isn't so great with revenge killing anymore. You are better off to just run a standard revenge killer such as Scarftran. Scarfape is a very good revenge killer because it does just about everything Scarftran does, except it does better against TTar and Blissey.

Just a few things I was able to pick up.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Will-O-Wisp >>> Attract on Dusknoir due to the fact burn is more reliable and superior to infautation.

Maybe Stone Edge over Rock Slide, the accuracy is more iffy but you lose alot of power =/

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Initially i hit the quote button though with all the edits with fonts and such I found it a bother so I'll just post here.

I find Aero leads to be complete garbage. Apart from guaranteed rocks he does nothing. Suicide Azelf is my favorite lead to date.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive [+Spe, -Sp.Def]
    56 Att / 200 Sp. Att / 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Grass Knot / Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion

A lot of leads carry Taunt, I prefer GK. Pert leads are more common than usual for me so I went with GK. Explosion does a hell of a lot of damage to so many things that it deserves a mention. Fire Blast > Psychic for anti lead coverage.

Flygon is fine.

Jirachi wants Jolly. Also Tpunch / Ice Punch / Fire Punch = Fantastic coverage. Iron Head just bolsters it's great capability.
    Honestly though, Jirachi is a terrible revenge killer. Looks great on paper but gets locked fast by Zone / Dugtrio (predicted Tpunch). I think a better revenge killer who can fair well against a blissey would be ape.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Naive [+Spe, -Sp.Def]
    252 Spe / 86 Att / 164 Sp. Att
    -Fire Blast
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Thunder Punch / Stone Edge
    -Close Combat

Stone edge is great because it requires less prediction for incoming Gyara / Dragons. It also hits Ghosts for a high amount.

*sighs* Dusknoir... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Dusknoir does absolutely nothing for current metagame. He has hardly any switch in capability, CBScizor hurts him for a LARGE amount, and even if it came down to stall, he can't beat anything hardly. Something that might fit his status support slot would be a Zapdos. BulkyDos to be precise.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    Roost
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice/Grass / Twave
    Heatwave / Roar

The ice Grass debate is what do you fear more. Heatwave gives you the ability to really hurt those Scizors who think they can stop you. Twave is a maybe if you want some status support which can hel pyou clean up late game.

Have to go for now i'll finish the rate in an hour or so.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i played against an offensive dusknoir once and i have to say, it was rather threatening. so before you say it doesn't do much, i think people just need to reconsider how it's regularly used.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    His supporting options have diminished significantly though. His usual capabilities have not been able to do much no matter what set he runs.

Some Offsensive sets focusing mainly on power do cause a great hinderance.

Brown

Breeder
    Years
    Jolteon isn't so great with revenge killing anymore. You are better off to just run a standard revenge killer such as Scarftran. Scarfape is a very good revenge killer because it does just about everything Scarftran does, except it does better against TTar and Blissey.

Same sentiment, although I don't like scarftran too much :P Maybe a fast mixape with an orb. I'll consider it. It's just Latias lols at scarftran and most infernape sets.

Blissy xD My team has 0 blissy problems beyond Jolteon.
    As for TTar: Jolteon, Jirachi, Areodactyl and Flygon have all delt with him no problem

And don't go knocking Areo. He has so far owned every lead he's faced aside from Scarfsmeargle and Swampert and when he lives he comes back to haunt blissy, TTar, any flyer, jolteon, BPers and any glass cannon. Try one sometime.

Maybe Stone Edge over Rock Slide, the accuracy is more iffy but you lose alot of power =/
    It's highly debatable, I side with accuracy though

I find Aero leads to be complete garbage. Apart from guaranteed rocks he does nothing. Suicide Azelf is my favorite lead to date.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Naive [+Spe, -Sp.Def]
    56 Att / 200 Sp. Att / 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Grass Knot / Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion

A lot of leads carry Taunt, I prefer GK. Pert leads are more common than usual for me so I went with GK. Explosion does a hell of a lot of damage to so many things that it deserves a mention. Fire Blast > Psychic for anti lead coverage.
    xD
    Areolead>Leadzelf
    Everytime, they have no chance. They don't get rocks in and just fail on their face. I determine what they're carrying with my taunt. If they fail at taunting back that = TTar's fun time. If they're GKers they can't do much to ducknoir after dealing with areo if they can deal with areo.

I got lunch now, so I'll read the rest later. Thank you for the imput guys.

btw, I'm going with w-o-w, dw :P

Back