• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bruno Follows You?!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    I noticed something when I fought Bruno in the Elite Four. He talks about his muscles and then says your name. How does he know your name??? As far as you know, Bruno is never on screen except for now. How would he know our name? He didn't even ask for it! Please discuss.

Years
    You're only surprised because you've never seen the official Nintendo art of Bruno before.

Bruno Follows You?!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Yeah ... o_O
    But in FRLG, ALL THE ELITE calls your name. Or so I remember ... >_< They're the best after all, spying is quite easy when you have an FBI Team keen eyes. Plus, you're a real "hotshot trainer" to make it to the league. They must've heard about you from the gatekeeper ... ;)

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Well, you know, the E4 is actually evil so they keep tabs on all of the good trainers to make sure they don't pose a threat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Well, Ethan/Lyra saw off Team Rocket in both Goldenrod and Mahogany Town. Lance would have probably told the Elite Four about that too.

Years
    Yeah, and, also, they need to keep tabs on you as you control a legendary.

I mean, it's not like everybody's going around catching Lugia and Ho-oh, is it? Well, actually it is, but not in your individual game

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Karen also knows your name. "You're <name>? How amusing."

But yeah, your feats in booting out Team Rocket, capturing Lugia/Ho-oh, and conquering the eight gyms probably brought some notoriety. But that's what pwning the NPC trainers and the Elite Four's easy access to a ninja private investigator (or maybe just Koga) can get you.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    Seriously! You just beat all 8 gym leaders in johto, you are gonna be well know!

So the elite four is going to know who you are after you become ( For lack of better words ) famous enough.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Well.. according to the manga and anime and whatnot.. you need a trainer license. Which.. I bet somewhere in the line comes across the E4.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    You know who the leader of the Elite Four is? Lance.

You know who helped you beat Team Rocket in Mahogany? Lance.

I dunno...Could Lance have said anything?

Years
    I think thats a question of reputation. ^^ You've just defeated 8 gyms, and you defeated Team Rocket and have met Lance... I guess you get pretty famous for these kind of things. =P

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Maybe he called the other E4 members and the E4 members said they were destroyed by *insert name here*

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    You could have to "register" in with someone before you can challenge them. (obviously not in the game, but maybe if in reality they would know because the challenger would have been previously registered?)

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Well when you fight an NPC it says there name during battle despite the fact of them not saying it (Hiker Nob) That's Pokemon Logic for you.Plus you've beaten 8 gyms,fought Ho-oh/Lugia,tooken down the Rockets,and fought along side Lance.Of course you would be known (Lance could have also told the E4 about you)

Esper-chan

Mmmm... Crunchy! :D
    Years
    I'm sure it's because the player has a reputation after the events of the storyline and/or because lance is the champion.

But i'm gonna be a baka and say;
    Maybe Will used telepathy to find out your name and tell the others about it! *shot* XD

Back