• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buddy System!! (Confirmed, Daily article in OP)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Looking forward to this for sure! 3 KM for one candy seems a little tough for the stronger Pokémon but I definitely wouldn't want it to be much easier. Gonna be using Caterpie first just to see how cute he looks sat on your shoulder but after that I'll mostly be looking for Lapras and Tangela candy, also a few Koffing/Pikachu candy to finish off some evolutions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I heard this update was for 5th September, anyone know what time the updates usually go live?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They never announced when the update will be released, so what you heard was probably just someone's guess. It'll be updated when it's ready. I don't think there's been a set time or day for updates thus far, although correct me if I'm wrong (being in different time zones throws one out of whack!)

Years
  • They never announced when the update will be released, so what you heard was probably just someone's guess. It'll be updated when it's ready. I don't think there's been a set time or day for updates thus far, although correct me if I'm wrong (being in different time zones throws one out of whack!)

You are correct. Apparently, a bunch of "journalists" just assumed Sept. 5th would be the day and that rumor ran completely out of control.

Personally, I still think it'll be sometime this week as that follows the pattern Niantic has been in for updates.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    When's it coming??? Almost tired of waiting!!! The tease may lose more players than they hope to get back.
    😝😝😝

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    New update!!!

The latest update has been spotted for android devices in UK, unfortunately i have an iphone so still waiting here.
    Ive seen the buddy system is on there but i dont know what else got added

Years
  • My game hasn't been updated just yet but I'm so hyped for the buddy system! The update also adds compatibility for Pokemon Go Plus and I'm not sure what else.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    My game hasn't been updated just yet but I'm so hyped for the buddy system! The update also adds compatibility for Pokemon Go Plus and I'm not sure what else.

Minor fixes like the egg code glitch, and stability increases. I don't have the update yet, wish it come to the states though already!

Years
  • FINALLY what a great update. Pokemon Go pretty much made starters pointless before this, you could never find enough of them to get the candies.

I'm hopeful they will have walking animations around the player like HG/SS but hey can't get my hopes up too much on an aesthetic feature lol. Trading would be a great next feature, although I'm sure they are scrambling to try and find a way to do it that will prevent people from selling pokemon on the app.

Years
  • FINALLY what a great update. Pokemon Go pretty much made starters pointless before this, you could never find enough of them to get the candies.

Yeah this was a serious problem for the majority of users, the starters are really rare and I understand why but I haven't encountered or even seen a Charmander during the game's who lifespan. This feature is a great way for people to evolve or power up Pokemon that they can't usually find and I'm super excited to use it.

Years
  • Yeah this was a serious problem for the majority of users, the starters are really rare and I understand why but I haven't encountered or even seen a Charmander during the game's who lifespan. This feature is a great way for people to evolve or power up Pokemon that they can't usually find and I'm super excited to use it.

I'm the same but with Bulbasaur, I've only had 1 since I began playing and I hatched it. I chose Charmander as my starter then hatched another 2 but Squirtle is very easy to find around where I live so the buddy system will be great to help me get the evolutions of Bulbasaur and Charmander though I don't want to evolve them because I really want all 3 of each of the starters plus all of their evolutions.

Years
  • A bunch of people in my city already have it but I don't yet and it's killllllllllllling meeeeee. Honestly just planning to stay inside today and watch American Football, though, so... as long as I have by tomorrow I'll be happy (I guess... come on come on...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I do not have it yet.

I will use pikachu first, because i only ever got one from an egg and he has 14/14/14 IV, so i want to evolve him.

Back