• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bug Catching Competition

Do you like the Bug Catching competition?

• Yep, I find it fun

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • It's ok I guess/haven't tried it yet

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Worst. Bug-catching. Comp. EVER.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I like the Bug-Catching contest. I don't usually focus on winning, but it's where I caught my Scyther, and I adore Scyther.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I like the Bug Catching competitions because of Scyther and Pinsir. But they're hard to find and catch, so I make catching them first priority before continuing on my journey.
    And after National Dex, you can find more Pokemon from other Gens.

I love playing it, especially because you can catch rare bug types, and get a stone if you win.

Years
    I enjoy the Bug Catching Competition more this time around than in G/S/C. It's fun to do when your bored~

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I find the Bug-Catching Contest fun, along with the Pokéathlon. The reason why I do a few side-quests (except the Safari Zone) is to get a few items.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I'm a lot like everybody else and I'll enter the bug catching competition the first time just to catch Scyther but after you get the Nat'l Dex you can come back and get some pretty decent Pokemon and on much higher lvs.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    i like the bug catching contest myself. i like scyther and pinser, and the contest lets you get both pretty early on in game. also, i got a shiny butterfree in there in the original gold version so i will always have fond memories of the contest because of that XD

Back