• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Bug Catching Contest

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    What was the best Bug-type you caught at the contest? Mine was a Scyther i grew to lv 100.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Usually when I won, it was with a Scyther. I won a couple times with Butterfree and Pinser. I'm really not sure which one was the "best." I never really bothered training most of the bugs I caught. I do have a Scyther that is now a Scizor, so I guess it paid off more than the others.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I didn't do the contest that much, but I guess the best thing I caught from it was a Scyther and a Venonat. I don't remember if I won or anything, but you only asked for the best. :P

Also, you grew it to level 100? Sorry, the word choice just sounds weird. xD It's like saying you grew a Pokemon.

The Red Chain

If I recall correctly the first bug I caught was a Beedrill.
    I think it just collected dust in my PC after the contest was over though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I didn't do the contest that much, but I guess the best thing I caught from it was a Scyther and a Venonat. I don't remember if I won or anything, but you only asked for the best. :P

Also, you grew it to level 100? Sorry, the word choice just sounds weird. xD It's like saying you grew a Pokemon.
    Fine then. I raised it to level 100 lol xD

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    I caught a beedrill once and I was so sure I was gonna win! I lost to a venonat.:(

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I think it was a wicked cool Pinsir. Loved that thing:p Kept it with me for the rest of the game.

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
    Years
    on a recent run for a bug team, i caught a scyther and got third place. i raised the scyther, used it in my E4 assault, and then evolved it into scizor.

the thing was a beast, it took out red's team on the first try--no other pokemon were called in to assist--at level 55. swords dance, agility, headbutt and steel wing, MAN was it unstoppable.

i named it Zorro.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It was either a Scyther, Beedrill or Pinsir. All of which became big parts of my party. Surprisingly, a Parasect became a big part of one of my teams because I taughit it some powerful special attacks and some powers to go along with it. It came to a shock to my friends when I beat them all with it via system link, those were the good ol' days.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I caught a lvl 14 scyther that got me 2nd place once (seriously judges, wtf?) then a lvl 12 pinsir that lost to some guy's metapod(again seriously).

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    A male butterfree in my long deceased Silver game whom I can't remember what I named, darn it.
    He was my very first win, in Silver and in all of Jhoto; I trained him into his I think sixties.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I've gotten Scyther and Butterfree, both got me first place. I didn't train either of them though d:

Ayselipera

It was probably a Pinsir I caught once. It never amounted to anything though. I just let it sit in my pc box. :D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    ugh when i saw this thread I was already thinking ughhh stupid cooltrainer and his butterfree I usually participate in the contest so I can get a scyther but some other big bug pokemon has to kick my butt >>

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    My first was probably a Butterfree, since I was little at the time and the other Bug Pokemon scared me, frankly. Then I learned the awesomness of Scyther, and I almost always caught one to train.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    The thing was Scyther was always a much lower level then the other bug pokemon eg. You could catch a level 22 weedle but only a level 14 scyther :z

Back