• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Building a league?!

Years
    Something tells me this league that's been mentioned might just be something we hype up for nothing, similar to that model of the Battle Tower that appeared in the Battle Resort in OR/AS. And what I mean about the league, I mean Gyms since the Island Trials have pretty much been confirmed to be substituting the Gyms, but that means we could still get a traditional Elite Four and Champion like the other regions.

Years
    Curiously, was anything advertised about any ORAS post-game prior to ORAS' release? I find it mighty odd on TPCi's part that they would market something as a big deal if it's not going to be of an actual use to players.

As far as I know, it wasn't shown in any official trailers but it was discovered when people bought the game early and leaked some in-game screenshots and the Battle Tower model was one of the things that got leaked.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Curiously, was anything advertised about any ORAS post-game prior to ORAS' release? I find it mighty odd on TPCi's part that they would market something as a big deal if it's not going to be of an actual use to players.
    Officially, they revealed the existence of the Delta Episode, made some references to Zinnia, and showed off the Delta Episode official poster on the ORAS website.

I don't think they said anything about the Battle Maison but really what is there to say that we didn't already know about from XY?

I definitely agree, it would be a really, really low blow if they hinted at this League being built and it amounted to absolutely nothing but dialog in-game. Whether or not Gyms will be built is a whole other matter, but I think it's safe to say there will be a League in SM itself...

Years
    I personally don't believe a "league" of sorts is being built, but instead that the islands are an establishment leading up to a Kanto-like challenge, sort of like Silver, Gold and Crystal.

Back