• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bulbasuar vs Turtwig

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Which do you like better?

I like Turtwig better because I think it's cuter, nicer, and it's design is better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Definitely Turtwig. Because Torterra has mountains and a tree on its back while all Venusaur has on its back is a huge flower.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • poor bulbasaur...it has no love
    i think bulbasaur is better its always been one of my favorite grass types and i really dislike turtwig...that might be because tortera reminds me of someone who used to be my friend but i also dont like the design

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I greatly prefer Venusaur, actually. :(

He's got a great competitive ability in Chlorophyll, plus he's way more attractive. Warty, uh, dinosaur-thing > fat tree turtle any day. YOU GUYS DON'T APPRECIATE INNER BEAUTY ;O;

Years
  • Turtwig. Not only is it cute, and possesses a great design, Torterra looks amazing and is extremely powerful, in-game at least o3o.
    Turtwig would have to be my favorite out of all the starters, and while Bulbasaur's cool and all, no one can touch Lil' Twiggy.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I love both Venusaur and Torterra, but...
    Bulbasuar vs Turtwig
    ...wins out by just a hair

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Bulbasuar vs Turtwig
    You really can't find much cuter than Bulbasaur. Screw Turtwig! even if he was my Generation IV starter

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Respect the classsics. Bulbasaur haha. Turtwig has an alright design, but I think tree on back doesn't go as well as plant on back

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Gonna' go retro and say Bulbasaur! Turtwigs awesome but Bulb's wins it for old times sake :D

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I love Bulbasaur. Those eyes and the bulb on it's back... so cute! Turtwig's ok, but when compared to Bulbasaur.... meh.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • Bulbasaur has been one of my favorite Pokemon ever since I watched the anime in the third grade. Plus, I can't say I liked the 4th generation, I find it to be the windows vista of Pokemon (Except for the part where the other Pokemon games are good, where every single version of windows is terrible). So, Bulbasaur it indeed is.

Stunna

Hungry Boy
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2013
    That's a tough one.

I guess I prefer Turtwig. He just looks cooler, but I would rather have a Bulbasaur. His vines would be very convenient.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Gah, this is a hard one. I love them both so much. But I guess if I had to choose it would be Turtwig because it is a tiny bit cuter than Bulbasaur.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    I have no idea.. Although overall Torterra is stonger than venasuar

Venasuar is faster
    Torterra has more hp.
    Venasuar has more sp. attack
    Torterra has more defense.
    Venasaur has more sp. defense.
    Torterra has more attack.
    Torteera looks better and stonger.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Maybe I'm just biased because I personally prefer the Kanto starters over Sinnoh starters (and over most generations' starters), but I like Bulbasaur better. I've... never liked Turtwig in any case. :/ Might be the design, I seriously prefer the look of Bulbasaur over Turtwig. Plus, Bulbasaur's a classic, I still remember the episode of Pokémon when Ash first met his Bulbasaur and it was one of my favourites.

Back