• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burn Deck? WTF? (YGO)

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    --17 Monsters
    2 Lava Golem
    2 Solar Flare Dragon
    3 Stealth Bird
    2 Des Koala
    2 Spirit Reaper
    1 Des Lacooda
    1 Swarm of Scarabs
    1 Swarm of Locusts
    1 Sangan
    1 Cyber Jar
    1 Morphing Jar
    --14 Spells
    3 Messenger of Peace
    2 Level Limit - Area B
    1 Swords of Revealing Light
    1 Scapegoat
    1 Book of Moon
    2 Wave-Motion Cannon
    1 Premature Burial
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Giant Trunade
    1 Dark Hole
    --11 Traps
    3 Threatening Roar
    3 Secret Barrel
    2 Solemn Judgment
    1 Ojama Trio
    1 Ceasefire
    1 Gravity Bind

--Side Deck
    1 Kinetic Soldier
    1 Injection Fairy Lily
    1 Magician of Faith
    1 Mystic Swordsman LV2
    1 Tsukuyomi
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Wave-Motion Cannon
    1 Nobleman of Crossout
    1 Snatch Steal
    1 Metamorphosis
    2 Waboku
    1 Gravity Bind
    1 Bottomless Trap Hole
    1 Desert Sunlight (considering a 2nd; may take out BTH)

--Fusion Deck
    1 Thousand-Eyes Restrict
    1 Cyber Twin Dragon
    et al.

The theme may be self-explanatory, but getting the theme to work in competitive play probably isn't. But, I've been making it work for a while now and I'm going to attend my very first regional next month. I could use all the help I can get.

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    You know, it seems to me that you should put in a couple of Game-removing spells and traps (Soul release roxorz yer boxorz!), and put in 2 to 3 D.D. Dynamites. Add in a flint, and a Mask of restrict. Figure out what to take out of yer deck. that really annoys the opponents a LOT.
    ~Kalkris

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I like your deck. It's good but I have some suggestions.

Take out the 3 Treating Roars and Ojama Trio.

Add in Gravity Bond with it.

Add in Snatch Steal, Nobleman of Crossout and Heavy Storm in there.

Take out Cyber Jar and add in Cannon Soldier.

Take out Des Des Lacooda and add in a Magical of Faith.

Try Breaker the Magical Warrior instead of Swarm of Scarabs..

Try Tsukuyomi instead of Sarm of Locusts.

Add in Call of the Haunted and Torrential Tribute.

The Solem Judgement for Dust Torando and Cannon Soldier

Take out a Messenger of Peace for Exiled Force

Now

16 Monsters
    2 Lava Golem
    2 Solar Flare Dragon
    3 Stealth Bird
    2 Des Koala
    2 Spirit Reaper
    1 Cannon Soldier
    1 Cannon Soldier
    1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
    1 Tsukuyomi
    1 Sangan
    1 Morphing Jar
    1 Exlied Force

17 Spells
    2 Messenger of Peace
    2 Level Limit - Area B
    1 Scapegoat
    1 Book of Moon
    2 Wave-Motion Cannon
    1 Premature Burial
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Giant Trunade
    1 Dark Hole
    1 Snatch Steal,
    1 Nobleman of Crossout
    1 Heavy Storm

8 Traps
    3 Secret Barrel
    1 Dust Torando
    1 Ceasefire
    2 Gravity Bind
    1 Call of the Haunted
    1 Torrential Tribute

Total 41. I not sure if you think it's better, but it would work more. More direct. I hope me suggestions were helpful. I'm not sure about your side deck. There is a lot of room now.

Good Luck.^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ^Not as good as you might think, Zaikiro. Apparently you haven't seen the new ruling on position changes...

Anyway, keep the Swarms and take out the Ojama Trio, the Solemn Judgements, a Messenger of Peace, a Threatening Roar, a Secret Barrel, and a Trunade (so many cards in here are dependant on NOT being removed...). Add in:

1x Swarm of Scarabs
    1x Swarm of Locusts
    2x Dark Room of Nightmare (duhh....HELLO!!)
    1x Skull Invitation (HAVE FUN WITH THIS)
    1x Needle Worm/Coffin Seller

I know Burn decks VERY well. Try this. You'll be surprised at just how much damage it'll do!

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Ichapokemr said:
    ^Not as good as you might think, Zaikiro. Apparently you haven't seen the new ruling on position changes...

Anyway, keep the Swarms and take out the Ojama Trio, the Solemn Judgements, a Messenger of Peace, a Threatening Roar, a Secret Barrel, and a Trunade (so many cards in here are dependant on NOT being removed...). Add in:

1x Swarm of Scarabs
    1x Swarm of Locusts
    2x Dark Room of Nightmare (duhh....HELLO!!)
    1x Skull Invitation (HAVE FUN WITH THIS)
    1x Needle Worm/Coffin Seller

I know Burn decks VERY well. Try this. You'll be surprised at just how much damage it'll do!

Apprently I have seen the new rulings my friend so I know about it. I just see it better in side decks.

How does Neddle Worm mill help the deck if it's a burn deck?

Dark Room of Nightmare is Impressive though.

Coffin Seller>Skull Invation.

If you want to try a good burner. You could try Ebon Magician of Faith.

_Huggle_Bunny_

~*Im Dead And Im Semi Back*~
    Years
    PikaPika! said:
    --15Monsters
    3 Stealth Bird
    2 Des Koala
    3 Spirit Reaper
    1 Des Lacooda
    1 Swarm of Scarabs
    1 Swarm of Locusts
    1 Sangan
    1 Cyber Jar
    1 Needle Worm (helps Burn His Deck Out)
    1 magician of faith

--19 Spells
    2 Dark Room of Nightmare
    1 Level Limit - Area B
    2 Meator of Destruction
    2 Goblin theif
    3 Trumendous Fires
    1 Scapegoat
    1 Book of Moon
    2 Wave-Motion Cannon
    1 Premature Burial
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Giant Trunade
    1 Dark Hole

--7 Traps
    2 Threatening Roar
    1 Waboku
    1 Solemn Judgment
    1 Ceasefire
    2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Side deck-N/A

thats a lil bit better...it use more spells to burn so u wana bring them back....cant rember all the cards that bring back spells...but i'll look it up latter and get back to ya

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    _Mwu_ said:
    thats a lil bit better...it use more spells to burn so u wana bring them back....cant rember all the cards that bring back spells...but i'll look it up latter and get back to ya
    Dark Magican of Chaos
    Magican of Faith
    Spell Reproduction
    Magic Shard
    That's only for the hand. But which kind of spells do you mean?

How will the spells work if there is not any stall. Des Lacooda Swarm of Scarabs Swarm of Locusts and Stealth Bird effect will not work if atacked.

The monsters were better than the spells, because they gave protection.

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    :surprised What the--?

It looks like you guys took the Lava Golem burn that I had going and decided to make it speed burn, instead. I applaud your creativity and originality. That's just not my style, though.

And, to be honest, who was the IDIOT who told you guys that Dark Room of Nightmare was good for burn decks? We're not in the stone ages of Pharaonic Guardian, anymore. There are better alternatives.
    Dark Room of Nightmare makes for a bad mid to late-game draw. By that time it won't be necessary.
    Secondly, it only adds 300 damage to each effect. So Lava Golem inflicts 1300 every turn, Solar Flare Dragon inflicts 800 every turn; who cares?!

The point is, Dark Room of Nightmare isn't needed in a burn deck if you build it right. If you need Dark Room of Nightmare to win, get a new deck, for crying out loud.

Sorry to come down on you so hard about that, but I've seen too many people on other message boards make fixes that make no sense, whatsoever.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I never said it was good. But it is helpful. I see your point though.

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    You guys forgot one important card.

Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai.
    PWNAGE in a burn deck.

18 Monsters
    3x Solar Flare Dragon
    3x UFO Turtle
    3x Spirit Reaper
    3x Raging Flame Sprite
    3x Lava Golem
    Magician of Faith
    Stealth Bird
    Sangan

10 Spells
    3x Wave-Motion Cannon
    2x Level Limit - Area B
    2x Smashing Ground for Jinzo
    2x Messenger of Peace
    Mystical Space Typhoon

14 Traps
    2x Ojama Trio
    2x Gravity Bind
    2x Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
    2x Curse of Royal
    2x Nightmare Wheel
    Barrel Behind the Door
    Ceasefire
    Judgment of Anubis
    Mask of Restrict

Cards: 42

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    RaikouRider243 said:
    You guys forgot one important card.

Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai.
    PWNAGE in a burn deck.

18 Monsters
    3x Solar Flare Dragon
    3x UFO Turtle
    3x Spirit Reaper
    3x Raging Flame Sprite
    3x Lava Golem
    Magician of Faith
    Stealth Bird
    Sangan

10 Spells
    3x Wave-Motion Cannon
    2x Level Limit - Area B
    2x Smashing Ground for Jinzo
    2x Messenger of Peace
    Mystical Space Typhoon

14 Traps
    2x Ojama Trio
    2x Gravity Bind
    2x Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
    2x Curse of Royal
    2x Nightmare Wheel
    Barrel Behind the Door
    Ceasefire
    Judgment of Anubis
    Mask of Restrict

Cards: 42
    By adding those, it's more like a Raging Flame Sprite deck. Like this one made for example.https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1603634&postcount=2

PikaPika!,a Raging Flame Sprite theme is a little better with this deck though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Zaikiro said:
    Apprently I have seen the new rulings my friend so I know about it. I just see it better in side decks.

How does Neddle Worm mill help the deck if it's a burn deck?

Swarms and Needle Worm both go with Coffin Seller/SI. They do damage PER CARD.

PikaPika!: You just proved how LOUSY you are at YGO (you started it). Burn decks are all about direct damage, which Dark Room of Nightmare augments nicely. Sure, ONE SFD might only do 800 with one of these out, but throw both of them out with THREE Solar Flares...you're looking at over 3000 points of damage that, unfortunaely, most cards can't entirely stop. The only ones that could are Hallowed Llife Barrier and Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment, and if your opponent was going to use them, they would have already earlier that turn (unless your deck is REALLY horrible).

Also, it goes with the Skull Invitation/Needle Worm combo. That's another 3000 points (300 per card lost, and another 300 for EACH OF THOSE) on your opponent. Flip another Needle Worm and a couple Stealth Birds or Lava Golems and they're dead.

If you're going mid-to-late game, then your burn deck needs to get thrown out, anyway. No burn deck should take that long to win, unless you're using a Wave-Motion-Cannon-only deck, which would be kinda dumb.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Ichapokemr said:
    Swarms and Needle Worm both go with Coffin Seller/SI. They do damage PER CARD.

PikaPika!: You just proved how LOUSY you are at YGO (you started it). Burn decks are all about direct damage, which Dark Room of Nightmare augments nicely. Sure, ONE SFD might only do 800 with one of these out, but throw both of them out with THREE Solar Flares...you're looking at over 3000 points of damage that, unfortunaely, most cards can't entirely stop. The only ones that could are Hallowed Llife Barrier and Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment, and if your opponent was going to use them, they would have already earlier that turn (unless your deck is REALLY horrible).
    That was rude to say to be honest. Many people have reasons for not running it. It does not have to be in "every" burn deck.
    Ichapokemr said:
    Also, it goes with the Skull Invitation/Needle Worm combo. That's another 3000 points (300 per card lost, and another 300 for EACH OF THOSE) on your opponent. Flip another Needle Worm and a couple Stealth Birds or Lava Golems and they're dead.
    If you're going mid-to-late game, then your burn deck needs to get thrown out, anyway. No burn deck should take that long to win, unless you're using a Wave-Motion-Cannon-only deck, which would be kinda dumb.
    I see the combo. But Neddle Worm is not like the Swarms, it's effect you could mainly use once.

I must agree about a burn deck speed though, but you could never know your opponent =/

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Zaikiro said:
    That was rude to say to be honest. Many people have reasons for not running it. It does not have to be in "every" burn deck.
    I see the combo. But Neddle Worm is not like the Swarms, it's effect you could mainly use once.

I must agree about a burn deck speed though, but you could never know your opponent =/

What, and what he said WASN'T rude!?

I realize that it doesn't HAVE to be in every burn deck on the planet, but it still gives an agreeably-very-nice boost to the deck. The deck could really use it, and since there was space to be filled, it was a natural choice. Oh, yeah, and keep in mind that it was also to go with the other cards that I suggested (below).

I know Needle Worm would only be a one-shot deal, but that should be all that you need...throw out Skull Invitation and two Dark Room of Nightmares and that's 4500 points of damage from one card. After that, it shouldn't be a problem getting rid of the rest of their LP. Of course, if not, then they could always use another one or two...

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Ichapokemr said:
    What, and what he said WASN'T rude!?

I realize that it doesn't HAVE to be in every burn deck on the planet, but it still gives an agreeably-very-nice boost to the deck. The deck could really use it, and since there was space to be filled, it was a natural choice. Oh, yeah, and keep in mind that it was also to go with the other cards that I suggested (below).

I know Needle Worm would only be a one-shot deal, but that should be all that you need...throw out Skull Invitation and two Dark Room of Nightmares and that's 4500 points of damage from one card. After that, it shouldn't be a problem getting rid of the rest of their LP. Of course, if not, then they could always use another one or two...
    I meant you for what you said.
    Ichapokemr said:
    PikaPika!: You just proved how LOUSY you are at YGO (you started it).

True on the Neddle Worm thing. How would you get the traps? Ill cat of Omen would help? and mabye Necerovalley for it to go to the hand.

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    Okay, people, we're not in kindergarten. Control yourselves.

As for you, Ichapokemr-- forget it. I'm not even gonna go there.
    *sees no excuse for him being so rude
    Anyway, you guys can scrutinize and criticize this deck all you want. I've been winning tournaments with a Burn deck since the first Bans took effect. I know what works and what doesn't work.
    I'm just trying to see what everyone else thinks will make this deck work better. You suggest a card, I say why that card does/doesn't work and/or whether I should put that card in my deck. There's no need for flaming.

In fact, I'm tired of this. If I'm not gonna get any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for this deck, someone get over here and close the thread. There are people on other message boards who can give me more constructive fixes without making a fuss with everyone else about it.

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    PikaPika! said:
    Okay, people, we're not in kindergarten. Control yourselves.

As for you, Ichapokemr-- forget it. I'm not even gonna go there.
    *sees no excuse for him being so rude
    Anyway, you guys can scrutinize and criticize this deck all you want. I've been winning tournaments with a Burn deck since the first Bans took effect. I know what works and what doesn't work.
    I'm just trying to see what everyone else thinks will make this deck work better. You suggest a card, I say why that card does/doesn't work and/or whether I should put that card in my deck. There's no need for flaming.

In fact, I'm tired of this. If I'm not gonna get any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for this deck, someone get over here and close the thread. There are people on other message boards who can give me more constructive fixes without making a fuss with everyone else about it.
    I believe that you have been winning tournaments with this deck.

If that is all you wanted, opinions that is on my first post here.

Zaikiro said:
    I like your deck. It's good but I have some suggestions.

Take out the 3 Treating Roars and Ojama Trio.

Add in Gravity Bond with it.

Add in Snatch Steal, Nobleman of Crossout and Heavy Storm in there.

Take out Cyber Jar and add in Cannon Soldier.

Take out Des Des Lacooda and add in a Magical of Faith.

Try Breaker the Magical Warrior instead of Swarm of Scarabs..

Try Tsukuyomi instead of Sarm of Locusts.

Add in Call of the Haunted and Torrential Tribute.

The Solem Judgement for Dust Torando and Cannon Soldier

Take out a Messenger of Peace for Exiled Force

Now

16 Monsters
    2 Lava Golem
    2 Solar Flare Dragon
    3 Stealth Bird
    2 Des Koala
    2 Spirit Reaper
    1 Cannon Soldier
    1 Cannon Soldier
    1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
    1 Tsukuyomi
    1 Sangan
    1 Morphing Jar
    1 Exlied Force

17 Spells
    2 Messenger of Peace
    2 Level Limit - Area B
    1 Scapegoat
    1 Book of Moon
    2 Wave-Motion Cannon
    1 Premature Burial
    1 Mystical Space Typhoon
    1 Giant Trunade
    1 Dark Hole
    1 Snatch Steal,
    1 Nobleman of Crossout
    1 Heavy Storm

8 Traps
    3 Secret Barrel
    1 Dust Torando
    1 Ceasefire
    2 Gravity Bind
    1 Call of the Haunted
    1 Torrential Tribute

Total 41. I not sure if you think it's better, but it would work more. More direct. I hope me suggestions were helpful. I'm not sure about your side deck. There is a lot of room now.

Good Luck.^^
    I do not mean any cristism or flaming.

*reports* since you want this thread closed, honestly, the deck is good. Mabye better alone without the fixes.

Back